Trailer Trash

Thunderstorm Thursday (Read 31 times)

sugnim

Good morning trailers!  We have a nice storm brewing here in Western Montana, and it's only supposed to get into the low 70's today.  I can't tell you how happy that makes me.  I have a hill run planned for the rainy evening after work today, and I've got some beans soaking on the counter at home to make soup with the veggies from the garden tonight.  I'll likely get in 8 miles before I get back home & cook.

QOTD:  Do you have any favorite trails that you always visit during certain types of weather?

For me, it's Missoula's North Hil trail system in the rain.  I just love the smell of the wet sweet grass.

Have a great day!

DigDug2

5.5 on the TM at work this a.m. - got up before 3:00 to take my son to the Greyhound station, got to work by 6:00 so figured I'd get a run in.  20 min. at tempo pace.

QOTD:  Not really, although I guess I'm more likely to stay off the roads (and go to any of my usual trail routes) in any kind of inclement weather.

QOTD 2:  Mileage for July?  181 for me.

runtraildc

morning!  Yesterday turned out to be a rest day with yoga instead of running.  the legs and hips needed it, so it was a good tradeoff.

qotd- not really, though I avoid  some of my trails when things get really muddy.  Yes,  I'm a  trail runner that doesn't really like mud.  There, its out there.  membership revoked?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! (although almost afternoon).  I rested today - very deliberate and planned.  Smile

digdug - 3am...don't fall asleep at work (unless you can get away with it).

QOTD1: I have some favs for winter time.  I love bombing down some hills in the snow.  There are some trails are are hard to access in the winter but I have plans to figure it out this winter.  There are a couple I stay away from in the summer because of overgrowth.  There is only so much bushwacking one can do before it gets annoying.

QOTD2: I finished at just under 140 miles making it my most for the year but still a couple hours shy of total run time compared to March.  That means I did more tech trails in March and probably more pavement running in July (both of which makes sense).  It felt good for July and that is in my comfort zone.  I did miss a LR the last weekend of July so could have been more but I suppose it all works out.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Hello all!

Got out for my first run since my race last night. 3.5 miles around the hood with the dog. Legs felt pretty good, just a bit tired but no soreness.

traildc - nope, you're good. I avoid mud if possible as well. And we know how folks feel about "mud runs" around here...

QOTD1: Not always, but I tend to run the higher elevation trails when it's really hot out and the lower stuff during the winter or during cooler weather.

QOTD2: 183 miles. Skipped a few runs, but pretty close to where I wanted to be.

NorthernHarrier

So silly me--I actually applied for a couple low level type jobs this week. What was I thinking? Already had an interview this morning and am being offered that job based on passing a drug test. Also have an interview right after lunch with the other place and I'm thinking it looks good there too. But see, I was planning to do a long run today and even though I'm not employed work is getting in the way of my lifestyle. GRRR.

So who knows.

Anyway got a nice hill workout in yesterday then went mountain biking with my bud. Started raining on us while out there which turned the course into a rather greasy, challenging workout. Just staying upright was the goal. Ended up at a tavern which is right near the trail system. So now I better go clean and lube my bike.  Maybe some tempo work this afternoon if the interview doesn't wear me out.

QOTD--Not really. I do have a few I avoid during certain weather or deer fly hatches.

QOTD 2- I think it was just about 135-140 not sure without looking it up. Though I did hit 43 last week and will be over 40 again this week. First time for that stuff since early April '12.

Chnaiur

Doing 10 miles with ~1500 vertical in the pm.

QOTD: We don't really have seasons here, so no. I just avoid steep mud trails after heavy rains.

QOTD2: 130 miles in July. That's exactly on target, and I think I'll try to keep it there until the "tweaks" in my feet go away. I still think I'll be able to ramp to 150 by December, which is the goal I set for this year.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went boating yesterday and we all (DH, SIL, and niece) did a 30 run or hike depending on the person on the trail next to the lake and then boating, so I got 3 miles in.  DH and I said we should do that every time we go boating there.  Oh today ummm I don't know yet but company seems to want to laze around so maybe I can get 6 miles somewhere today.

QOTD: I have a trail that is awesome in the rain, it above the river and the trees are covered in moss.  Love it there.

QOTD2: 122 I am happy with that.

Northern:  A trail with a Tavern at the end sounds like my kind of trail. Just read yesterdays dailies.  We have not made a firm plan but definitely weekend of 09/21 or 09/28.   Black Jack Inn $40 a night.  I'd invite you to stay at my house but not too sure the DH would welcome you.  Wink   It would be great to meet you and have a man on the run, you know to fight the bear off.  We are not doing what Chnuair ran but are actually doing a point to point on the Tahoe Rim Trail.

http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=179&Itemid=212

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Hit a nice 10 miler around the "hood" yesterday...ran for 5 miles than turned around and ran the same path back.  It was pretty pleasant for a mainly roads run (theres about 1 mile worth of legit trail that I run in the small park near me...pretty much every "road" run).

Today I'm thinking 5 miles...depends how I'm feeling...way ahead on weekly mileage this week.

QOTD: I avoid running in Palisades Park when it rains...I've heard too much stuff crashing down the cliffs.

QOTD2: 100 on the nose...yes I ran extra mileage to hit the round number.  I'm happy with that, but I won't be if that is August's #.

**Ask me about streaking**

muppy

Ran 5.5 last night and today is a SRD

Northern, if you study really hard I bet you can pass that drug test! Big grin

QOTD1 If its real muddy I will hit the rail trail, I don't mind the mud, I worry more about getting hurt somehow.

QOTD I have 148.7, if I knew that I would of done 1.3 more for a nice round number.

Sandy-2

Hip-induced rest day #4.  Feeling really good, but I will take tomorrow off as well.  Gonna run a few miles on Saturday morning.

qotd 1: unfortunately most of my favorite trails are a plane trip away.  But there are trails at a somewhat local park that I run a lot.  I don't have any "weather-related" favorites though.

qotd 2: 193 miles, a little less than planned due to some interruptions during one of my trips and my little hip issue the last few days.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I have a meeting at work in the evning, so it's either going to be a late-night run, or a rest day. Hoping for the run, though.

I did a nice short run yesterday and found some late blackberries, which made for some welcome snack in between. If it hadn't been for the berries, I would have run a personal best on that route.

But, I found out that this trail, one of my favorite trails year-round, will be re-routed soon, so instead of the path leading straight up/down the mountain, they are going to build in a totally new feature: (sit down before you read this) switchbacks!! I bet this will throw a lot of Pennsylvania hikers in a state of confusion about how to conquer such new trail variants. Wink

By the way, anyone know what it means that the trail will be "rock-armored"?

QOTD: I have some sunny trails for the winter months. Those are almost unrunable during summer, too hot in the blazing sun. And a swamp trail, which I reserve for when it has rained a lot, so that I can maximize the fun.

QOTD2: 176, thanks to the tree that gave me a concussion and 6 days in a row of no running at all.

Run for fun.

Snowdenrun

6 or so miles yesterday. Probably nothing today. It's boat day!

QOTD 1: All my trails are pretty much the same so weather affects them all. If anything I avoid the sidewalks even more when the rain starts freezing.

QOTD 2: 97.8. So low. I was going to hit 100 but I just wasn't feeling my run yesterday.

sugnim

By the way, anyone know what it means that the trail will be "rock-armored"?

I think it's kind of like lining the trail with paving stones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68OYjlMOZCM

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy, I just looked up your DD's next horse race, the Mongolian derby. Tough race, dio mio! Good luck to her!

The guy looks badass, but the bird looks good - maybe keep that one (the bird, I mean).

Run for fun.