Trailer Trash

trails tuesdailies (Read 248 times)

runtraildc

Good morning Trailers!

Got out and did 4 miles -- pretty rusty after this cold, but it felt good to shake things out a little. 

QOTD:  Do trails ever coincide with other parts of your life?  Yes, I worked many years with a national trails organization and saw many parks in the country thru this job.  Now, in a different job, I'm in Albuquerque for a meeting with a bunch of trails folks.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to get out on any of these trails while I'm here.  

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Beautiful weather today again, warm and sunny. Planning on a few nice miles a little later, when it will be warm enough to wear shorts and a T, even for me! QOTD: I misunderstood, "coincide", ok. At times, yes. But usually, I have to make it work. Enjoy the day!

Run for fun.

dpc3

Morning folks got in a 12 mile bike ride into work and hoping to get an instant lunch run in but we shall see.

QOTD: At times and make it a point to be outside as much as possible

runtrail: Where are you staying in ABQ? I live in the city up near the trails.

FTYC: Enjoy the warm miles

Birdwell

Morning all! No running today for me, but I did get an hour in at the pool to morning. This is day two of my new training routine. 

QOTD trails weave themselves around other aspects, but in a sneaky way. Our family try's to get out and hike during the warmer months. For work I often travel along lonely highways, and have been known to stop and explore if I see a neat trail. 

I've been hoping lately for more oppurtunities to spend more time outdoors and on the trails. I'd love to work for the Parks or Forest service, and have been exploring avenues that would lead me in that direction. The mid level maintenance jobs seem to be a little hard to come by in my region. 

runtraildc

runtrail: Where are you staying in ABQ? I live in the city up near the trails.

Downtown.  Since it was dark, kept to the streets and not the river trail.   Very quiet, though.  Did run through Old Town.

dpc3

Downtown.  Since it was dark, kept to the streets and not the river trail.   Very quiet, though.  Did run through Old Town.

The Bosque trail is close by and primarily used by bikers and walkers. I ride early mornings on it and will take a lunch run or 2 on it. How long are you here?

Hi all!

runtraildc: Nice that you're back running!

Faster: Shorts! Wow, I remember those. Vaguely.

dpc3: Good luck with the lunch run!

Birdwell: Hope the new routine goes well.

Still cold today (-8F/-22C air temp, "feels like" -18F/-28C), but got out for about half an hour. Here, runners don't tend to acknowledge each other usually, but in these temps I'll get a "What are we, crazy?" grin or two.

QOTD: Well, I think through things when I run, but I'm better able to do that on roads--have to pay too much attention to footing on the trails.

Occasional Runner

Crappy run this morning. That is all.

NorthernHarrier

Mornin'

Seven miles in the Arb yesterday. Managed to throw in some half mile repeats on one of my measured trails. Love doing speed, intervals, tempo runs of any kind but at my current pace maybe I shouldn't call them speed. I am a work in progress. Gonna do some road work today as I need to work a little on my stride and turnover. Still a little hitch in my giddy-up.

QOTD- Not quite sure how to answer that one. Yes.  Been running so long it is just part of my lifestyle. Most of my free time, vacations, etc. are doing something outdoors.

DoppleBock

I really do not belong here - But I do enjoy trail running and trail racing.  I just happen to live 1 hour from decent trail and 40 minutes from any trail.  Mar - Nov, I try and get out on the Ice Age of the Northern Kettle Moraine (Glacial Trail 50 mile race course) once per week.  This time a year I really do not run trails.

I have run a few 50k and 50M - I can fake it OK for a flat land pavement pusher that likes the TM.

Today's run was a TM vertical progression from 1 - 8% with @ 1350 vertical in 7 miles - Not much, but something.

I wish I was trailer trash - I am TM trash ...

PS - I am in the middle of taper for a Dec 15-16th 24 hour track race.  Yes I know even more stupidness to run around a 400M track for 24 hours.  After that I will get back on trail one way or another once per week.  With it being downhill ski season, maybe I will have to just run up and down the ski hill (90 minutes away) for an hour while my family skis?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

We have hardly started winter yet - All out downhill skiing has been on man-made snow so far. 

Still cold today (-8F/-22C air temp, "feels like" -18F/-28C), but got out for about half an hour. Here, runners don't tend to acknowledge each other usually, but in these temps I'll get a "What are we, crazy?" grin or two.

QOTD: Well, I think through things when I run, but I'm better able to do that on roads--have to pay too much attention to footing on the trails.

NorthernHarrier

Hey Dopple-- Always need more peeps from Wi. I looked on your blog to see you're in Neenah. Yeah, fairly lean on the trail situation. Ever head towards Waupaca? Some decent trails on some of the area ski trails and at Hartman's creek.

Welcome!

LB2

5 miles this morning, muggy and cool. I guess that is better than muggy and warm, just weird.

QOTD: No, not really.

LB2

DoppleBock

I found out recently that I have a friend that is a project lead for Ice Age work crews in Waupaca -  So I plan to go out that direction next year.

I usually drive to Mauthe Lake State Park and run north on Ice Age.  Occassionally I will go out to High Cliff State Park - But then I usually just grind the road hill for 2-3 hours.

Where are you from?

Hey Dopple-- Always need more peeps from Wi. I looked on your blog to see you're in Neenah. Yeah, fairly lean on the trail situation. Ever head towards Waupaca? Some decent trails on some of the area ski trails and at Hartman's creek.

Welcome!

NorthernHarrier

I found out recently that I have a friend that is a project lead for Ice Age work crews in Waupaca -  So I plan to go out that direction next year.

I usually drive to Mauthe Lake State Park and run north on Ice Age.  Occassionally I will go out to High Cliff State Park - But then I usually just grind the road hill for 2-3 hours.

Where are you from?

I'm in the Madison area. The ring leader of this trashy group will pop in soon I'm sure. I was trying to remember back in time I ran a snowshoe race at Mosquito hill near New London. Seemed like some pleasnt trails and probably not all that far from you. I'll come up with a few more after more coffee.

If running61 shows up he'll give you some options as he is from Fondy.