Trailer Trash

The Sundaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning, Trailers!

It is another COLD morning here. I swear I am not going to complain about the heat this summer (forecast to be hotter than normal). However, no warmth in sight. Forcast for March is only rare occurrences of 40 degrees or better. I hope you all warm up sooner. There was talk of 60 degreesyesterday. I like the sound of that!

Meeting my run buddy this morning for breakfast and she wants to give me my birthday present...smart wool gloves...now that my hand is free I can wear them. No run with her (she is training for Boston...way beyond m current condition). I will do a 10 slog mile slog later on the bike path.

Qotd: Aside from running in snow-free and warm conditions, what do you most look forward to in the coming season? I look forward to gardening. I love helping my elderly parents prepare, plant and maintain the garden. And my grandchildren are old enough to participate.

I hope you all have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Cold here, too. The forecasted snow has not arrived yet, the sun is shining, so I expected it to be fairly warm - but it's zero degrees again. This is getting old. I don't want to give the moths much more time to feed on my summer running clothes!

Heading off to work, these are awkward hours they have scheduled me today. Late, but just not late enough so that I could sleep in AND run. And today, I opted for the sleep-in. I'm hoping to get in a nice run after work, provided it's not too cold again then.

QOTD: Running with my kids "pacing" me on their bikes!

Run for fun.

Marley and I got out on the trails for a 3 mile run before the snow and/or wintry mix start to make the roads to  and from the trails slippery.

I for one will complain about the heat.  I really like snow and cold weather and hate heat and humidity.  To be fair it only gets down to 0 F or so here on our coldest days, but I think I'd feel the same way if I lived somewhere much colder.

QOTD: I am looking forward to settling into a new  (to us) home in a new city (Tallahassee).   I will probably hate the humidity and heat there, but figure that we will be able to avoid the worst of it by running at the crack or dawn.  I plan to embrace the new opportunities and not obsess over the stuff I will miss (like snow).  I look forward to living closer to my daughter and son in law, to having a free public shooting range nearby, to having trails almost right out my door, to having a bigger and better equipped woodworking shop, to having a garden, and to having new and different hunting, fishing, and boating opportunities.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Snow is really coming down here, with freezing rain and ice to accumulate later.  Third weekend in a row.  I generally love the cold and snow, but it's stuff you really can't get out to play in-- it is really now frozen slush so it's treacherous running, or anything else.  Never mind, it'll be gone in the next week or so as it is now March. Between illness and weather, we're really starting to get cabin fever.

Running wise,  I'll get to the gym later for a visit to the treadmill and get in a strength workout.

qotd:  Getting back out on the water-- mostly paddleboarding,  Right now, the Chesapeake Bay is mostly frozen, which is unusual.  And my garden.  I am finally starting my tomatoes this week.

muppy

4.1 slow miles last night.  I had a go back to my car and change out the screw shoes for the micro spikes, there was A layer of packed dry snow on top of the ice which made it a little tricky.

QOTD i'm ready for opening day GO PHILLIES!!!

It would also be nice to run on a dirt trail sometime.....

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers

Cold here as well, single digits this morning.  I looked up the Tizer Basin Snotel site where I'm heading this morning, the site is at 6800', temp -13 w/o any windchill , if it works out I'll be going a couple thousand feet higher.

qotd: looking forward to some more run/fish/camp/run trips 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Glad February is now history as it seemed like every day was 20 degrees below normal. Better days ahead, has to be.  Did a 17 mile effort on the roads yesterday so today it's just an easy 4 miler planned on some snowy trails. Heading to the Badger game later this afternoon.

And I will still complain of the oppressive heat come summer. 

QOTD--I guess seeing open water again. A lot of my lifestyle and recreation revolves around the water.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice little joggy jog down the malecon ...and a few miles on the beach..Beach running is hard!  Nothing to do the rest of the day but drink beers.  And sit on the beer.

QOTD:  looking forward to going to San Filipe and camping on the beach.  Getting back to running long.  My husband is building a deck off kitchen will be nice to sit on during summer nights.  Sun, looking forward to sunning on the river.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone, I have resurfaced.  Long flight from Rome to Texas followed by lots of sleep.  I'll be "home" in TX for the next week or so.  I got up Saturday morning and did 15 miles, that was not such a good plan.  I guess after sitting for so long and then sleeping so long, my legs were toast after 6 or 7 miles, then I struggled the last few miles just to get home.

Today I went out for 10 very rainy miles with one of my running buds, and felt much better.  Then we hooked up for coffee with the rest of our little informal running group.  It's nice to catch up.

Last night I signed up for the Mt Fuji (UTMF) 100 miler which is run in late September.  The website was kinda screwy for a while, but I finally got through it, I have a registration number and they already charged the entry fee to my credit card so I figure that I'm in.  (FYI, there is a lottery for Japanese runners, but foreigners are let in to a certain number of slots on a first come first served basis.)

qotd: Looking forward to the beginning of May when my DW moves over to Korea with me.

tbd.

Watoni

Worked all day yesterday and then got muddy for just a few miles ... really needed a mental break. One of my brothers-in-law had a mild stroke yesterday ... he is very lucky but he is close to us (especially to my bride), so quite an emotional day since I had to track her down in Tahoe.

Me? still deciding on whether to continue running or shut it down for a while. Achilles was sore last night, but the run was super fun (as were the new shoes) and it feels ok this am. Maybe a quick climbing interval on the bike and one on the trails if I can get out before dark.

QOTD: I am in Norcal, so winter is really relative. I do look forward to moving beyond ski season and the separation from family on weekends when I cannot go to Tahoe (like this weekend), but it is great they love skiing and have their own stuff.

Daydreamer1

Sitting here watching the snow coming down, listening to the scanner hearing a lot of crashes being dispatched. I wish people would either stay at home or slow down when the weather is like this.  Today's a rest day since I'm at work  'til 8 am.

TT - I was wondering how you were going to like the warmer weather in FL.  Sounds like there will be plenty of nice things there for you to do.

QOTD: Putting more miles on the bike. Being able to get some things cleaned up around the house and in the garage. Also looking forward to vacation in Eastern TN.  It's been a long time since we've been down there.

Daydreamer1

Me? still deciding on whether to continue running or shut it down for a while. Achilles was sore last night,

You may want to talk to your Doctor and see if you could get a script for Voltaren Cream. It's a topical anti-inflammatory that really works well for me when I have tendonitis. My achilles has been acting up recently and I'm sure it comes from last years sprain. The Voltaren definitely helps it.

some call me Tim

7 miles on the mill... we were supposed to get a snowstorm and it never showed. I should have run outside for about a hundred different reasons. Have a good day, everyone!

qotd: Sorry, I can't even think about tomorrow

AT-runner

Tim

We got over 4" of the white stuff this morning after they predicted < 1".  Roads were a mess, and I had no interest in the TM, so DW and I went to a park where they shovel the path and ran 7.75  miles around a 1.55 mile loop.  This is that park where we run a 24hr event every May.  Saw 3 other runners out there.

Watoni - sorry about BIL, hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

Warden - have a great time.

QOTD:  I usually would say golf, but the shoulder might have that on hold for this year, so it's National's baseball.  Las Vegas has them at best odds to win it all this year, so that's go to be a jinx!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Missed the last few days posting, but thankfully had a good running week capped with today's 16 miles. I planned to run the whole distance at my local mountain park, but after 5 miles and 1,000k gain, I realized the constant knee deep snow wading was going to make for a LONG run. So I circled back to the trailhead, went home and finished the last 11 miles on my nearby flat (and packed snow) trail. Don't mind the temps, but easily runable terrain would be nice.

QOTD: My "first love" is mountain climbing, so looking forward to a nice climbing season after being in Michigan all last year. I still get out some in the winter, but it's hard to get the higher peaks without overnighting...which I try not to do as often now with a 2 year old and an 8 month old.