Trailer Trash

Confess your road runner sins here... (Read 82 times)

Brilliant

Man, I ran road marathons for over 12 years....

I peed in a Gatorade bottle - while wearing the trash bag - while lined up in a coral (DC, NY, Chicago, Baltimore etc).Big grin

ewww...If your goal is to make me never want to get in a corral again, you've succeeded!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Were you wearing leg-warmers too?

She's waaaayy too young for leg warmers.  Rollerblades are too young for leg warmers.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

under a rock

She's waaaayy too young for leg warmers.  Rollerblades are too young for leg warmers.

Leg warmers go best with roller skates and some music from Xanadu.

sugnim

OK, I've got a few:

1. I've signed up for a marathon training class with over 200 other people.

2. I've worried about my foot strike as in heel vs. forefoot.

3. I have (a LONG time ago) jogged in place at a red light.

4. I've worried that my running shoes would get dirty during a very brief stretch of a road race that went over grass.

5. I've looked at my reflection in storefront windows as I ran downtown.

Occasional Runner

I used to be a frequent participant in the Marathon Forums on RWOL.

I am ashamed.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I am ashamed.

The horror!!.. wait.. um...I still am posting there...Some one push me down in the mud, QUICK!...

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

XtremeTaper

I am ashamed.

19. I once held a subscription to Runner's World.

20. Then I became a serious runner and subscribed to Running Times.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Messenjah

I used to carbo-load on pasta and marinara and not drink beer the night before a race. Now I eat pizza and chicken wings and drink 'til I pass out the night before  Smile

Occasional Runner

I used to carbo-load on pasta and marinara and not drink beer the night before a race. Now I eat pizza and chicken wings and drink 'til I pass out the night before  Smile

This is one of my secrets to proper pre-race preparation.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

- I "earned" a RnR Encore medal, which was shipped to me for completing 2 RnR events in a year...I really tried to find time in my schedule for another one so that I could get the "Triple Crown" medal, but it wasn't to be.

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well not quite passing out but feeling pretty good....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am ashamed.

Some sins just are not forgivable.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I did run in place at a red light. If I remember correctly, this happened just this past winter, but it was on a road run.

Still guilty of running with a fuel belt occasionally. But at least I refill my bottles myself.

And - tatamm - I ran with legwarmers, scrunched around my ankles. In deep snow, more than 25 years ago. And, most embarrassing, this was on trail runs! (But maybe this can be counted as gaiters?)

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I peed in a Gatorade bottle - while wearing the trash bag - while lined up in a coral 

+1 (at the NYC marathon)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Irish Luck

What about pace bands? I never did do that one but it seems a bit sinful.

I purchased a pace "tattoo" for my first half.  Black eye Just shameful!

I, too, have had a subscription to Runner's World.

My first pair of running sneakers that I purchased at my LRS were Nikes.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.