Trailer Trash

Where's the Mondaily? look no further (Read 33 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  6 miles in the hills planned for this afternoon (weather supposed to be in low 70's Smile)

qotd: do you have a favorite solid food for races?  my stomach tends to get a little topsy-turbsy during longer events, but Hammer bars while not a cuisine winning affair, seem to go down w/o much fuss- try to eat a 1/2 bar an hour (along w/ liquid calories and blocks)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Monday.  SRD for me after my weekend.  Legs are a bit sore from b2b long runs, but my lungs felt great.

QOTD:  I think I said this before, but a few races around here serve perogies (little dumplings with potato filling).  Put some salt on them and you get a nice carb punch and some.  I'll grab 3 of them and eat 2 at the AS and wrap up the last on for 1/2 hour later.  Now I can't wait for Labor Pains or Blues Cruise so I can have some. Smile

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Monday already, huh?  The weekend is just too short!

I plan on doing a nice and easy 4-6 after work.  Probably 6 on the bike also.  I would also like to do about 45 mins of body weight exercises but I might sub in my pushup/upper body workout if my legs are too tired.  I'm trying to push "exercise" to ~10 hours a week and I'm feeling strong and motivated right now.

QOTD: The 50k I completed I fueled on perpetuum.  I've eaten beef jerky on some longer runs and I have never had any issues.  I don't think I'll ever do pretzels or chips...just not appealing to me (running or otherwise).  If When I start thinking about moving up to a 50 miler I'm sure I'll have to revisit this topic so I'm interested in hearing responses.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

6 road miles this morning before the gym. My legs are feeling pretty good but my quads and calves are still a bit sore. I had good turnover though, so things are looking promising.

QOTD: I like the Hammer bars too. They're moist, so it's easier to choke them down than some other products. I also like Snickers bars.

Hey all,

18 miles hiking on the AT this weekend was pretty awesome. It's kind of amazing to me how sore I can get from hiking...just because your movements are different from running and the downhills are actually much harder. Some friends thought I was a little nuts when I started running the downhills instead of slowly descending. My quads thanked me today.

Anyway, after all the slow hiking I really want to run today. Planning on 6-7 easy miles around the city.

QOTD: I've only been to one long trail race so far, but I have to say I really enjoyed the potatoes and salt. Other than that, I know my body does NOT like peanut butter in any way, shape or form during a run. I had a Honey Stinger waffle during my hike this weekend and could see myself enjoying one during a long run.

Snowdenrun

STD. Scheduled Travel Day! No diseases here. Smile

No running today. My flight for Colorado leaves soon. Actually its a flight to Ketchikan. Then Seattle. Then Colorado.

QOTD: I've only just begun consuming some food on my longest runs. I've been sticking to fruit type granola bars. I notice them working, but it is kind of a pain to unwrap, eat a bite, but away, repeat 15 minutes later. When I'm home I plan on getting some samples of different things to try.

DigDug2

Recovery day - will probably run 4-5 slow miles.  Sore from a 13.1M race yesterday (Bear Mountain NY - North Face Challenge), partly from the hills and partly from the major dive I took on a paved section at mile 10.

QOTD:  haven't had solid food at races, but haven't raced the longer stuff.  I'm a fan of fig newtons during longer training runs...

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Recovery day - will probably run 4-5 slow miles.  Sore from a 13.1M race yesterday (Bear Mountain NY - North Face Challenge), partly from the hills and partly from the major dive I took on a paved section at mile 10.

Hey digdug2, any chance at a race report?  I'm interested in that race because it is pretty local to me...maybe next year?  I'm in Bergen County NJ...are we neighbors?  Sorry to hear about the dive on pavement...that stuffs not soft.

Chnaiur

Will do about 8 flat easy miles between meetings this afternoon.

QOTD: Cliff Builder Bars are the only ones that I don't get tired of. When logistics permit, I also bring raw grassfed organic hotdogs and/or ham & cheese sandwiches. I crave the saltiness of those foods after an hour or so on the trails.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

DigDug2

Hey digdug2, any chance at a race report?  I'm interested in that race because it is pretty local to me...maybe next year?  I'm in Bergen County NJ...are we neighbors?

Not sure if I'm writing a race report - I'm kind of annoyed at my performance at the moment and not sure how to write it.  Anyway, I would recommend the race with some caveats.  The cons are that there are a lot of runners (although bottlenecks are really limited), it has a big corporate feel and big race logistics.  The pros are that the trails are great (both runnable and technical, with some tough climbs and descents), it's very well organized/supported and there are a lot of distance options.

I'm in Fairfield County CT, so Bear Mountain is probably equidistant from us.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good deal, thanks for the info.  I don't mean to push about the race report...I just get excited about local races Wink

Ultra Cowboy

I'll run after work tonight.  Probably 4-6ish. I have to end my vacation from running if I am going to be ready to do the 20 mile Monday at Western States Training  Camp I signed up for last night.

My most successful solid food so far has been PB&J.  Roughly 1/2 a sandwich plus a pack of Shot Blox every 6 miles,

WYBMADIITY

Save

Daydreamer1

I doubt that I'll get out for a run today, too busy studying for finals. I keep wondering why a 48 year old is taking classes with kids just out of high school and, then I look around the class and see that I'm not the only 40 something in there. I'd rather be out side mowing the lawn then sitting inside watching videos.

QOTD: I'm still experimenting and trying options. Last year I had some bloating and belching in longer runs. Thought I had that solved with eating peanut butter crackers, cliff shots, using S-Caps and plain water. Now this year the problem is worse. I'm going to try Enduorlytes Fizz and Perpetuem and only change one thing at a time to work through this.

Last year at the one trail marathon they had chips, I tried them and they went down really well. It's something I'll try again.

Brian Runner

A couple weeks ago a friend an I cleared a lock power line that ties into some of our favorite trails, giving us another climb to practice on. Garmin says " .19" miles and 400ft of climb, if it can be trusted. Going up its hands on your knees, and sometimes down on all fours. We call the trail "Fluffy." hehe

Downhill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylDj9HyNRuE&feature=youtu.be

Uphill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWbZbsrNbPw&feature=youtu.be

I took some video today, though it doesn't really do it justice. Thats route 220, the towns of Sayre and Athens Pa, and the Susquehanna and Chemung rivers in the background.

Irish Luck

SRD, including a pedicure. Still recovering from my kick$$ race time yesterday. Please don't shun me, as I did one of my two road races in the year--Philadelphia's Broad Street Run 10  miler. Yup. it's on a road, in the middle of a city. However, I nailed my goal time--down to the minute: 1:17.  Smile

Happy Monday.  SRD for me after my weekend.  Legs are a bit sore from b2b long runs, but my lungs felt great.

QOTD:  I think I said this before, but a few races around here serve perogies (little dumplings with potato filling).  Put some salt on them and you get a nice carb punch and some.  I'll grab 3 of them and eat 2 at the AS and wrap up the last on for 1/2 hour later.  Now I can't wait for Labor Pains or Blues Cruise so I can have some. Smile

QOTD: YES to pierogi!  I think all races should have them (even as post-race food). They are great and I enjoyed them during both Labor Pains and Blues Cruise in 2012.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.