Trailer Trash

Moisture Mondaily (Read 36 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

still getting moisture (most needed and no complaints! Big grin)

will hit the gym this afternoon for another go at "Murph"- a mile run followed by 300 squats, 200 pushups and 100 pullups and finally another mile run- for time.  last time I did it I was at 41 minutes, going to try to get under 40 minutes this time

qotd: how often (if any) do you typically cross train or strength train in a week- I strength/core train twice a week

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dpc3

Morning folks as I've turned down the mileage I have noticed my nagging injuries are starting to surface, most notably my lower back. Looks like a visit to the Chiro, foam roller, and concentrated stretching are in order for this week. I took yesterday and today off after my climb Saturday, my quads are sore. Other then that I am feeling ready to go on Sat.

Have a good day all.

QOTD:  Core work 1-2 a week and I need to get back on my bike and start riding into work again.

Good morning! Still quite foggy and wet here in Philly too. During my run last night it felt like it was raining but it was just the fog.

Tonight I'll head out for 4 miles. My spring goal race is only 6 days away, and I'm getting pretty excited!

QOTD: Typically,  ZERO. But ideally, I'd enjoy 1 day of yoga and 1 day of other x-training. This summer,  I'll be playing in 2 leagues of Ultimate Frisbee, which is a much faster, choppier style of running than my usual long, slow distance. So I'll get at least 2-3 days a week of that, which really tends to builds up my quad strength and increases my distance running pace.

Mt warden-neat workout. Seems like a good one for a xt day.

dpc- I'm right there with you. I need to start foam rolling more. I seriously neglect it and my legs feel it.

tnc-enjoy the taper weak. Excited for your 50k this weekend. Is this your first one?

heading out for 12 soon. Have a great day all.

qotd. Twice a week has always been the plan but I rarely get it in.

Watoni

Beautiful here in the Bay Area... but I am heading to Seattle for work.

Running is a question mark since I re-injured my ankle over the weekend ... short version is:

Hit a hole running in the Marin Headlands Saturday (overgrown trail ... oops) and face planted .... made it back after lying in the fetal position for 10 minutes, hopping on one foot for about a mile, then limping/jogging the remaining two miles back.

Was optimistic since I was able to dance to the English Beat Saturday night, but it has been hurting quite a bit since.

Perhaps Leadville is up in smoke ....

QOTD: I cycle, hoping for some TRX action soon.

DigDug2

4 mi easy recovery run from race yesterday - legs feel tired and body's a little stiff, but no real soreness.

QOTD:  zero strength training, occasional aerobic cross-training.  I always mean to do some core strengthening but never get around to it...

Occasional Runner

Six easy mies this morning and a nice circuit training session at the gym. Shitty weather here today.

QOTD: I try to do circuit training and core strengthening about 4 times per week. To run trails well, you need well developed abs, back and shoulders. I think it's a key to my training.

Brian Runner

No run today. Having run 4 and a half hours yesterday I planned to rest regardless (though I feel pretty good), but I did manage to bruise my heel on a root, so my foot is now in a bucket of ice water.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out for 13+ miles on the bike path. Muggy and warm, so it's going to get sweaty and wet.

Got a parking ticket this morning, for 4 minutes of parking in the University lot, have a permit, but forgot to turn on the flashers. $40 ticket makes it $10 per minute, that's pretty expensive, especially compared to ultra running, where it's typically $1 or $2 per mile, which takes 10+ minutes. Such is life. Angry

But at least it makes my running look fairly cheap.

warden: Neat workout - you must be in top shape!

dpc: Hope the reduced mileage will take care of the niggles and aches.

T&C: I like running in the rain (once I'm out the door), but this mugginess is just bad.

Tmo: Have a great run!

Watoni: Sorry to hear about your mishap. But don't throw in the towel yet, hopefully you'll recover faster than you think!

DD2: Sounds like a nice shakeout run. Looking forward to the RR!

lace: Seems like the weather gods have no mercy with you this season. But, it's just going to make you stronger (do you really need that??).

Brian: Hope the ice will help. Bruised heel does not sound nice.

QOTD: Pretty much zero. I occasionally go for a swim, a bike ride, but nothing planned. I just run.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Up at an insane hour this morning to get the women in my life off to the airport. Was gonna head north but am now able to get in to my dentist after lunch to deal with an issue, at least temporarily if nothing else. Today was the only day possible for me over the next 3 weeks.

Day off from running but weights and elliptical in a few minutes. Plan on running long in the Porcupine mts. this week. A little solo whitewater canoeing and mtn. biking on my old bike too. And some work--put in my piers, repair driveway, deal with wood, do the lake water sampling, etc. Good work.

Mt. Warden-- sounds a little like an obstacle course, kind of questionable around here. Big grin

Watoni-- ouch. Sounds like a nasty one.

QOTD--Weights at least 3x, core-i have been slacking, biking 4x on average, other activities in season.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mt. Warden-- sounds a little like an obstacle course, kind of questionable around here. Big grin 

I stayed well away from that thread Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

I stayed well away from that thread Big grin

Ditto!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning all,

Sounds like a pretty beat up group this week and I am not the exception.  I'm going to take it easy on the legs until thursday.  I'm pretty sore all around and I can feel some inflammation in my knee (this is new to me).  Mon-Thurs brings me to...

QOTD:  I have been doing the Iron Strength workout prescribed by Dr. Jordan Metzl (a NYC tri-guy who designed the workout as "runner specific".  To be fair, I've never actually completed the whole workout, but I have been getting closer.  I also wrote up a workout with parallel exercises just so I can mix things up a bit.  I try to hit that once or twice a week.

I've re-discovered the "Perfect Push-up" that my GF got me 4 years ago.  I do those about every other day.

I spent last night looking up ab/core workouts, which I am going to try out tonight.

Early this week I plan on alternating the Perfect Pushups with the core workout each day...I would like to continue that when I get back to running again.

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

Running is a question mark since I re-injured my ankle over the weekend ... short version is:

Hit a hole running in the Marin Headlands Saturday (overgrown trail ... oops) and face planted .... made it back after lying in the fetal position for 10 minutes, hopping on one foot for about a mile, then limping/jogging the remaining two miles back.

Was optimistic since I was able to dance to the English Beat Saturday night, but it has been hurting quite a bit since.

Watoni-- have you tried an air splint on your ankle?  Your injury (including the evening activity/additional aggravation) sounds very familiar.  I found an air splint that stabilized my ankle and prevented lateral movements sped up the recovery much faster than previous injuries that were splinted differently, or just bandaged.

runtraildc

another iffy day for me.  Seems to be my theme for the last couple of weeks.  My plan right now is to get in a gym session between the last conference session and dinner....

qotd:  I am trying to increase my regular strength training from wildly sporadic to at least 2x per week.  I also need to do regular yoga to stay injury free.  Again, that has been wildly sporadic lately.