Trailer Trash

Hurry, it's Tuesday! (Read 32 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

The weather report screwed up my morning run. The forecasted temp was -2, so last night, I decided to skip it - and this morning, it was a cozy 7 degrees instead. I could have run in that!

So a run after work it's going to be.

QOTD: What's your favorite distance for a training (or leisure) run? (Assuming there are no time constraints or distance requirements like a training plan, upcoming race, etc.)

Mine: 10-15 miles. That's comfortable, and I still get to see a lot.

Enjoy the day, trailer bunch!

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning Trail People!

Feeling good coming off of yesterdays rest day.  The plan is for 6 mi probably at a tempo pace.  I really like the tempo run coming off of the rest day because I can't slow myself down anyways...seems to be working.

QOTD: I have 2 trail loops that are about 9 miles each, or I can link them together for 13ish mile loop.  Thats my go to and thats what I enjoy.

**Ask me about streaking**

Gator eye

Hi ya all.

6 on the treadmill, temp still won't budge off that zero mark.

QOTD: I like around 15, long enough to get me somewhere but still feel great at the end.

Occasional Runner

46 degrees in the Wasatch this morning. It's time to consider shirtless morning runs again. I got 9 trail miles in with a nice, LONG climb in the middle. I like to use that section to gauge my fitness. If  can run the entire thing, I know I'm in good shape. I ran it with ease this morning.

QOTD: 20-25 miles is ideal for me. A year ago, my longest training run EVER was 16 miles. It's easier to run long when you have great trails to train on.

SillyC

I'm going to go out later.  I was pretty determined to go out this morning, but the thermometer said -8.  I just can't anymore.  I'll go when it's in the teens later today.

QOTD:  I have a really nice 11 mile run by my house that goes straight up a hill to a dairy farm with great views.  In the summer, I can buy a freeze pop there.  Love my trails, but I always get excited when "dairy farm" is on the schedule.

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in a few slow recovery miles late last night. My half marathon went pretty well, all things considered. Finished right around 2 hours.

I'll get out for a decent run tonight.

QOTD: I've never thought about a favorite distance before. I like getting out for 2-3 hours on the weekends, but how far that gets me depends on the route.

Windchill of zero here today. I'll head to the gym after work for a treadmill run.

Also, I picked up a new sponsor over the weekend:   http://trailsandcocktails.com/2014/03/03/honey-stinger-a-sweet-new-sponsor/

QOTD: I'd also have to say 10-15 miles. 2 hours is the perfect amount of time for me.

We had a great 4 mile trail run in the fresh snow. It was a brisk 12F at the start of the run.

QOTD: It varies with the season and the trail conditions.  It could be anywhere from 4-12 miles.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the arctic air has left- they're celebrating in the street!  still have 2' of snow to contend with, but at least we can get outdoors Big grin

5 miles this evening, around a plowed paved path- have been itching to run and not snowshoe

I'd say in the 1/2 marathon range- I have several loops in the 12-14 miles, long enough to feel like you've done something, short enough you don't suffer much Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats T&C...I keep a waffle in my hydration pack with the instructions "incase of hunger, break glass, eat waffle".  Not my go to fuel but like your blog says, they can be heaven sent  when you need some solid food.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks

I'm still feeling a little crappy; feverish, sweaty, eyes burning, tired. I struggled with getting

out there this morning, but running won. I got in 6 miles w/ single digit temps, it wasn't

pretty but I'm glad I got it in.

T&C: Congrats on the new sponsor.

QOTD: I was just thinking about this question last Saturday. I like the distance where I'm starting

to feel a little fatigue/soreness but still enjoying myself, last weekend my sweet spot was 12-16

miles.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning!

SRD  I hope all you able bodied people are enjoying your runs today!  I'm not feeling too badly right now. I'm on good drugs and hanging out in a recliner with some coffee and my ice machine.

Cool news on the sponsor, T&C! I love the waffles.  (Do we get a discount?? Hehe.) We have lots of important peeps among us here!

QOTD: 10-12 miles is the perfect running for fun distance for me.

Running is dumb.

Cool news on the sponsor, T&C! I love the waffles.  (Do we get a discount?? Hehe.) We have lots of important peeps among us here!

Thanks! No friends discount  that I know of. I am going to try to get some free products to do a giveaway on my blog though, so keep an eye out for that.

Occasional Runner

Also, I picked up a new sponsor over the weekend:   http://trailsandcocktails.com/2014/03/03/honey-stinger-a-sweet-new-sponsor/

They tried to sponsor me last year and I turned them down. Then later in the year, I saw them use an image of me and claim I was their athlete. I nearly shit myself.

They tried to sponsor me last year and I turned them down. Then later in the year, I saw them use an image of me and claim I was their athlete. I nearly shit myself.

Ha, woops!  I'm excited since it's a product I actually use during about 95% of all my long runs so its a really good fit for me.