Trailer Trash

Finally Friday! (Read 34 times)

Birdwell

Good morning!

i got in 7.5 on a new to me single track trail, late yesterday. It was lots of fun. The didn't bother me to much, just let me know it was still there every once in a while. I think I'll be o.k. So long as I stick with some daily strength exercises.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

QOTD: in light of the discussion in the health and nutrition thread,  What's your favorite kind of pie?

Right now, it's Pecan. It used to be lemon meringue.

Oh, and everyone likes pie. If you don't have a favorite, you may want to have some blood work done to verify that you're still human.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Pulling a rest day today.

Morning Birdwell! Keep up the good work and stay smart.

QOTD: Has to be my mom's apple pie.  Other apple pies do not compare.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Heading down to Chincoteague Island for some R&R on this Mother's Day weekend. That means FLAT running this weekend.

QOTD: Apple.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

SRD. Start running again tomorrow.

Birdwell: Great run last night. Glad it went well

Boyjame & AT: Enjoy the rest

qotd: Not a big pie eater but I would have to say apple if I was forced. I like my cakes.

Occasional Runner

Just got back form a 6 mile road run, focusing on speed, then a core workout at the gym. I'm heading back out in a few minutes to run up Malans Peak. 3000' of gain in 3.5 miles. Then I get to run back down.

QOTD: I really like Pecan pie but prefer cheesecake.

Sandy-2

SRD.

qotd:  Apple, with lots of vanilla ice cream.  (BTW, my DW makes the best apple pie in the world !!!)

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

FRIDAY!

Ended up getting ~10 miles in yesterday...really slow...just one of those runs where nothing feels right.  6 after work on the schedule for me, maybe some bike riding if the weather is nice.

Birdwell: good to hear you are coming around...good work being patient

BoyJame: enjoy the rest!

AT: enjoy the wild horses...are you camping?

Tmotmo: enjoy the rest also!

Lace up: sounds like a solid training day

Sandy: good rest to you too

QOTD: I like lemon and lime pies.  My families Thanksgiving usually features ~1 pie/person.  The best is chocolate silk pie on the same plate with a key lime.  I like to mix!

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

Hi all!

This has turned out to be a mostly URW (week, sadly, not just a day or two).  BUT, I'm back home so I hope to get back in my routine.  At least for the next 5 days before I head out again....4 or 5 miles planned for tonight.

qotd:  bumbleberry (a mix of blueberry, raspberry, rhubarb, maybe apple and other assorted fruit.  Best with a crumb topping)

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

SRD for me. Have had lots of URDs lately.... Got in 4.2 flat sandy miles with the dog last night and felt decent but a bit sluggish. Been really struggling to get into any sort of regular running routine the last 4 weeks. My calf is feeling pretty good now, but after last Sundays hilly run my IT band decided it wasn't happy with me. Really hoping I can get back into the groove soon, I'm feeling my fitness slipping away! Looking forward to following the Transvulcania ultra tonight and in the morning, should be an exciting race. Anybody else?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Lace_up - sounds like a great variety of training today, have fun on the peak!

QOTD: I don't get too excited about pies, but I do love chocolate pudding pie. That barely qualifies as pie though.....

Marley and I had another great 8 mile trail run.  It was an absolutely beautiful morning.

QOTD:  Either my home made apple pie or my daughter's home made apple pie.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

I was MIA yesterday, but got in 2 1/2 hours on some nice trails.  Streams were up from heavy rain the night before, so my easy crossings were mid-calf deep.  Yea for Drymax socks.

AT: enjoy the wild horses...are you camping?

No camping, we have a condo there that looks out on the Intracoastal Waterway

Here is the view from our deck where we will hopefully be sipping an adult beverage by 6:00.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No camping, we have a condo there that looks out on the Intracoastal Waterway

Here is the view from our deck where we will hopefully be sipping an adult beverage by 6:00.

Do you loan/rent it out? Big grin

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Plan on 6 or 7 after work today. My alarm went off at 4:15 this morning and I convinced myself it will be better to sleep in and to run after work when it's 80° and humid.

Still having some trouble with my IT band and hip flexor so I'm sure will be slow going.

QOTD My mom makes a fantabulous lemon sponge!

Sounds like we have a apple pie show down between boyjame's mom and sandy-2's wife!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I had an appt with my chiropractor last night.  He doesn't know what to do with me anymore.  Says my next step is dry needling or a PRP injection.  He's sending my MRI and X-rays out to some doctors he knows in Oregon who work with elites to see if they can see anything my doctors didn't.  I'm going to have to become a cyclist.

QOTD: Apple pie.  Sandy, please send me one of your wife's pies so I can judge for myself.  Smile

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I hereby volunteer to serve as an impartial judge for the Apple Pie Contest. Smile