Trailer Trash

First of the Month FRIDAILY! (Read 49 times)

Occasional Runner

I had  great 6 mile tempo run this morning and an intense circuit training session at the gym. I'm feeling pretty damn good today. I've been ramping up my training intensity and starting to take this shit seriously. We'll see if it makes a difference.

QOTD: How did you do for your February mileage?

I fell well short of where I wanted to be due to a respiratory issue. I ended up with 264 and was hoping for 290.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I'll be heading out for a few trail miles after I got the kids settled. Spring break is approaching, and the boys have no school today already. I am planning on something around 10 miles.

lace_up: NOW you're STARTING to take your trail running seriously? Where do you want to go from where you are already? The sky is the limit, right?

QOTD: 134 miles, at least 50 miles short. Mainly due to a lack of motivation, I had some kind of burnout in the middle of the month. Now I'm working hard to get back to where I was in the fall!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning! I was able to get to the gym for some x-training and weights.  I hope to get a decent LR in tomorrow (fingers crossed).

lace - I am glad you haven't taken anything serious til now.  To think what you will be able to do now!

couch - didn't see you come in.  Have a great run today - it's nice out there.

QOTD: I stated this yesterday but I will again...I hit over 100 miles for the first time since last summer.  It has been a long arduous process and I am still dealing with stuff.  But I am very happy with my February running.  I got in some good runs.  I am hoping for more in March especially since I have signed up for Hyner 50k and desperately need to get in some epic LRs.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Morning. I had a nice easy 6 miles last night, and it turns out there was a police chase and a shooting 2 hours later, right on my running route!Shocked

Today is a SRD, with 20 on tap for early tomorrow AM.

QOTD: I'm quite pleased with  my Feb mileage which was 163 168 (excel messed me up the first time). I met or exceeded all my weekly goals and I'm pretty sure this is probably my highest monthly total to date.

The pooch and I had a nice 8 mile trail run.  We started out in bright moonlight and the daylight slowly overpowered it during the first few miles.  There must have been some interesting scents because Marley had her nose down almost the entire run.

QOTD: The pooch and I did 120 miles for the month.  I just run however much I feel like, so I can't compare to any goal, but I think it was more than average.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I'll get a few tonight.

QOTD: I got 123 or so. But I was only scheduled for 120. This is my resting period, which will last until May. I will probably go to 130 to 140 in March; 140 to 150 in April and so on... In May, I start another training cycle. I am just running for run right now, but it is always for fun, ultimately.

LB2

DigDug2

SRD for me today.  Going skiing this weekend so a couple more SRDs coming up.

QOTD:  137 miles for the month.  Met my weekly goals, and in much better shape than I was last year at this time.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I stated this yesterday but I will again...I hit over 100 miles for the first time since last summer.  It has been a long arduous process and I am still dealing with stuff.  But I am very happy with my February running.  I got in some good runs.  I am hoping for more in March especially since I have signed up for Hyner 50k and desperately need to get in some epic LRs.

Have a great day!

Glad to tea it Jamie. I know you went through a LONG rough patch and it sounds like it's behind you now.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, everyone.

I'm heading out for a 'trail-clearing' hike, probably 5-6 miles or so. I'm doing it

partly for selfish reasons, I'm going back tomorrow to knock out about 16-18

miles.

QOTD: February was a lousy mileage month, not even worth noting. I'm bouncing

back though, fuck this winter/injury shit!!

Good morning,

Haven't been doing a whole heck of a lot of running since Rocky, hence I haven't been posting in the dailies.  But it's now time to start ramping back up, so you'll probably see me around a bit more.  SRD for me today.

qotd: 156.5 miles. Didn't have a goal for the month, so I'm perfectly happy with that!

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Had to get an early start on work, so no workout yet today. I'll hit the gym this eveninfound do an hour on the cardio/strength circuit.

QOTD: not even close. I ended up 88 or so, I wanted to be near 130. A foot injury got in the way. For march I'm shooting for 140+.

to get there, I will be switching from a 4 day run schedule to a 5 day schedule. I think I'm ready to take a few steps forward.

Low_O2

Morning all, lots of activity already for this early in the morning! Everyone must be excited the weekend is near. Smile

8.3 across the desert for the dog and I last night. Relatively flat and unexciting, but makes for some quick easy out the backdoor trail running. Have a 20 miler planned for tomorrow, so will probably hit the hills for that.

QOTD: I ended up with 154 miles, which is about where I wanted to be. I'm excited that I have actually been able to stick to a training plan for the first time. For my past races I have been forced into much lower mileage than I wanted due to injuries, hope it pays off on race day!

XtremeTaper

I'll call it 4.5 miles last night on the trails of Monocacy Hill with LadyB. A mix of running/walking. I walked the rockier places as my right ankle is not 100% yet. Pleasant mix of light sleet and rain the last few miles. Glad I went out though. Things felt better after the run then before. I'll do something similar today.

QOTD: Logged about 200 miles for February. About what I wanted. I'd like to be around 2500 miles this year. Good month other then ending it with an ankle roll. Had a 65+ mile week, finally some longer runs, and I signed up for the Laurel Highlands.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Really looking forward to 6 miles at palisades park after work today...theres a nice 6 mile loop that has a tough uphill that I am planning on working out on a bunch.

QOTD: I hit 144 for the month.  This is the second highest mileage I've ever recorded for a month (and in a short month at that!).  I'm happy with that...I've had a nice steady increase since August.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Looking forward to a nice weekend or running.

QOTD:  Good question, I haven't kept track of mileage in a few years.  I'd probably be in the 150 mile range for February.  I'm around 40+ per week, and I had to take an extra URD due to a stomach bug.  Pretty close to where I usually am this time of year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!