Trailer Trash

Saturday! (Read 35 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

No running yet for me, got to help a friend move instead this morning.

planning 6-8 later this afternoon.

QOTD: umm, well, uhh, I got nothing.

AT-runner

Tim

Did a 16 mile loop going out on the AT and coming back on an old section of the AT (Blue Blazing).  Saw only 3 hikers out this morning and it was a beautiful day.  Usually will see many more hikers than that, but maybe they were still sleeping.

Birdwell - Moving a friend - I'm reminded of that Seinfeld episode.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and good luck to all the racers and volunteers.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Howdy trailers!  I got in a good 6 and a half mile run yesterday after work on an unplanned route.  I was going to do an out and back on the riverfront trail, but I decided to head up the mountain for 11 steep switchbacks that gain about 1,000 feet in a half mile (the Missoula M trail, for those of you familiar with the area), and then I was going to turn around and head back home.  Well, as luck would have it, my boss has recently taken up an exercise routine.  I started on the steep trail just after he did, and I eventually passed him which isn't really too much of an accomplishment since he was walking.  I could tell he was embarrassed at being passed by me.  He sat down on a bench trying to catch his breath and tried to avoid eye contact, but my dog loves him so she had to run up & say hello so I did too.  Well, after that awkward moment, I didn't want to head back down and run into him again, so I continued on the trail and asked my SO to meet me at a trailhead.

QOTD:  What is your "go-to" running route when you don't have time to plan a great run, but you have a little time to get out after work?

The riverfront trail is only a quarter mile from my house.  It is flat, but it follows the river and much of it is unpaved.  For an out an back, I can get up to 13 miles in.  My go-to route is 5 miles, and I run this at least twice each week.

Occasional Runner

Ran the Bear 100 and just got home. Definitely the hardest race I've ever run. More on this later. Nap time with my crew chief.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 7.5 miles of hills in this morning, temps were perfect high 40's w/ no wind (and no rain for the first time all week!)

qotd: I'm pretty (OK very) fortunate I've got so many trails, so close by- Mt Ascension has a half dozen trails from a couple of miles to close to 10, Rodney Ridge has several trails from a couple of miles to 6-7 miles, Mt Helena has a dozen or so trails from a couple miles to 10-12 miles- and they are each so close to each other you easily string one trail to another easily get 20+ miles in- lots of good elevation gain/loss as well.

sugnim- having lived in Missoula a couple of different times over the years, you also have a ton of trails to choose from Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morn....I mean afternoon.  Got in slightly less than 4 hours this morning most on the AT.  Felt very comfortable the whole way.

AT - we need to meet in the middle one of these days on the AT and run.

Birdwell - hopefully you don't overdo it when moving

sugnim - funny story.  I have had situations where I didn't want to run into a hiker again after passing them...usually because I scared them the first time I passed them

lace - I didn't even realize Bear started on Friday.  Glad you got through it.  Can't wait to hear about the "hardest race to date" - coming from you that says a lot

mtwarden - yea for no rain!

QOTD: My go to run is at my local park - I do this 3-4 times during the week.  My go to trail run is probably the section of the Appalachian Trail I did this morning.

Have a good one!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Did a very satisfying 5k this morning.  Decided to extend my trip to do it. Reason being I have an acquaintance here that has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Really sucks, but she is determined to slug it out and does runs almost very weekend (something called "Parkrun").  Thought I'd join her and her husband for one.

Low key affair (they are free), but lots of folks supporting her and I was glad I took the time to join.  Does make you stop and pause.

qotd: run on lots of greenbelt trails which are like hike/bike trails that are all over where I live.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

Did an 18 miler this morning in state park trails, 40's when I started

60's 3 hours later. I ran very well today, barely even slowed to hike the uphills, I

think I have the confidence I need for a 50k in 3 weeks.

Great runs out there today folks, rock on!

QOTD: When I lived in CA I had a half dozen trail systems to chose from after work

on my commute home, now we live in a trail dry spot so I'm lucky to have what I have.

I run in the morning so most of the time it's roads right out the door, the trail is a

10 min drive, and like today I can do 6 mile loops on technical trails.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Going out for an evening run after dropping DD off at the Homecoming Dance. Cool

Sandy: I'm glad you had the opportunity to support your acquaintance by participating in the 5k. The social part of this is much more important than the run itself.

QOTD: If I have just a short time window available, I often just run on the bike path, so I don't have to drive. Some of the bike path is off the roads, so it feels more like a trail, even though it is paved. If I have 1.5 hours or more, I go to my usual trails, as they are just a 5-minute drive from my home, and they offer endless options (my go-to option is "up and down the mountain", either on the trails, or the gravel road, 5.5 or 6.5 miles, resp.).

Run for fun.

Just a short run with my daughter.  I think it was 3 miles.  I've been pretty busy with funeral arrangements and so on.  I will miss mom a lot but am glad that all the funeral stuff is done.  I'l be even happier when all of the estate stuff is done and her apartment is empty and no longer our responsibility.

QOTD: I am lucky enough to have lots of nice trails close to home.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runfastandie

Got sucked in to going to a really lame cardio kick class instead of running on the glorious trail.  Used to love this kind of stuff- now it makes me crazy to be indoors on such a wonderful day.  Will run home from church tomorrow.  Trying to hold 21 miles a week during the finally recovery on my Achilles.

Happy racing everyone! I'll be back later for the race reports

Brian Runner

20 miles on the trails today. Various sections of it 3 different friends. Final long run before the 50k on October 13th.

moonlightrunner

I ran a terrible 3 miles this morning. I just did not feel good. Planned a run tonight but had a very bad spell of unexplained weakness. I better feel better tomorrow. I need  good run to lift my spirits.

qotd: I don't have much to choose from for trails...and I won't run roads. I do have a favorite...just because it is where I know almost every rock and root... it is my night friendly trail.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Birdwell

Well that didn't work. I got sucked into helping my neighbor set roof trusses on their home addition instead of going for my run today.

It was kind of fun.

QOTD: My go to  is the "waterfall trail" an out and back 5 miler. I can take the paved trail the whole way or hit a dirt service road. There's 4 or 5 different way to run it for variety and it's just perfect. I could do it in my sleep.