Trailer Trash

Wierd Weather Sundaily (Read 34 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! Planning 7 if I can get out today. we had an ice storm with more on the way.

qotd: What is strange about your weather this weekend?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Good morning-- Got in just under 4 miles yesterday at the beach.  The kiddos and I went biking while DH was kitesurfing.  It was a glorious day so the qotd is timely....

qotd:  70s and sunny here.  I'll take it since I need to do some garden work before winter sets in.  Well, 'winter' as it is in the mid-atlantic region.

Morning! About to head out for about 10. I haven't run double digits in over a month (!!)

QOTD: It's 70 and humid here. For running,  I'd prefer the cold. Can't really breathe in this weather w/ asthma.

Sandy-2

10 gritty miles this morning.  Saw lots of birds today, they must all be down here because of that crazy weather up north.  Lots of pelicans, cormorants, herons, even heard a woodpecker and an owl this morning.

qotd: yesterday in the 70's, today in the 50's, tomorrow in the 30's.  Yup, winter in TX, nothin' strange about that.  We did have a few thunderstorms go thru yesterday with about 3 to 4 inches of rain.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Got out early to try and beat the heavy rain, but about 300 yards from my house, FLASH - BOOM, a thunderstorm popped up.  I turned around and ended up doing 7.5 on the treadmill.  I can deal with rain, but lightning is a different story.

QOTD: See above.  All the snow melted overnight and it's warm today, but chance of snow on Tuesday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I ran down to the gym, 6 miles, then did a core workout. I'm trying to get back in shape and it's going to require more than just running.

I might go grab some trail miles in a little bit. Depends on what Jo wants to do today.

QOTD: We're having very typical Utah winter weather.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Going to try and get in 8-10 miles this morning, got another couple of inches of snow which is helpful as the trails were getting awfully packed and icy

qotd: my plan yesterday was to get in a 18-20 mile run, it was dead calm when I left, an hour later on top of the ridge the wind was howling at close to 35 mph w/ dark clouds rolling in fast- I exited stage left and ended up w/ ~ 11 miles; of course later in the afternoon the sun came out and the wind died down- as the old saying goes if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Laying low for now as our snowstorm is winding to an end. Not much to crow about as I think it will only be about 7" once it stops. I'm sure we will get the usual arctic air rolling in the next few days as a final kick to the groin. I know, embrace it and smile. 

Did get in 14.5 yesterday on icy roads and it went real good, Today I'll do about 5 after I watch a bunch of football.

QOTD- Nothing strange, just normal winter weather here.

jonferg67

Endless trails

14 trail miles this morning, trail conditions were radically different than they were

three days ago....

QOTD: On Tues I did a trail run in the snow, temps in teens-today all snow was gone

an temp were 60's. Weird.

Snowdenrun

No run today. Sunday is brunch day at a local place that is AWESOME. The routine is sleep in. Cup of coffee at home.  Awesome Brunch. Work.

QOTD: Lots of rain while snow is still on the ground. Not too weird for around here, but still weird to me.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally broke through a mental barrier I had when I approached 13 miles. Ran 15.1 in 63F temps.

QOTD: I think the old record high had already been broken when I ran this morning and temps are supposed to reach 72F today.

Also noted that's a weird way to spell weird.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 miles in SoCal in the hills with a old forumite with views of the ocean and a couple of beers on the peri after.

qotd: 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄