Trailer Trash

Where the Sam H€ll is the Wednesdaily? (Read 35 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers. Going to get 5-6 miles in this evening, little cooler

qotd:  do you have a retirement age you're shooting for (if already retired-age?)?  I'm shooting for 62, the day I'm eligible for SS, already have a pension, SS is icing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Started the same time you did, so we'll use this one.

Woke up to less humidity with great temps in low 80's, so Couch will probably be breaking out her gloves.

Lunch run on the road today.  I'll be dodging tourists who don't look where they are going, so wish me luck.

QOTD: Next week would be good.  Probably make it 10 more years or so.  If kids stay all scattered around the country, then that might change, especially if we get any grand babies.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I have my doctor's appointment this afternoon.  Hoping to get some news, any news.

QOTD:  Is this where I point and laugh at the old people?  Just kidding.    Retirement is very far away for me.  I have no idea.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning!  I have my doctor's appointment this afternoon.  Hoping to get some news, any news.

QOTD:  Is this where I point and laugh at the old people?  Just kidding.    Retirement is very far away for me.  I have no idea.

Good luck (despite the old person joke).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interval workout with my club tonight.

QOTD: I've always thought I was somewhat shy and retiring, even at a young age.  I've been semi-retired since 62 when I stopped looking for a full-time job and decided to work only part time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I've been doing circuit workouts a few times a week these days and noticing a lot of improvement in my all around body strength, especially my core and arms which have been weak for awhile. Today I will probably do a legs circuit and then run around later during an ultimate frisbee game.

QOTD: Not counting down the years just yet because I have quite a long way to go, but I could retire at 57 and receive full retirement benefits because I'm a federal employee (except Social security).  Doesn't sound too bad as I'm 27 now so I'll probably stay a fed for the long haul.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Enjoyed a nice little hour run this morning...couldn't find the watch so guessing about 5.  It was nice and cool for me this morning Warden.  Going to the gym at lunch but going to take it easy on any legs exercises...3 more days .. 

My husband asked me if I was excited about my coming race just as we went to bed...so I spent the next to hours worry about it!  Need to learn to mediate to shut that brain off!

QOTD:  55, I have 2 years and 1 1/2 months.  No not counting done yet...trying to stay in the present but man I can't wait!  Been doing what I have been doing for so long. I still plan to make some money some how...like seasonal forest service work, maybe work at the ski resort, process Obamacare applications during open enrollment..  Right now a shared dream with the husband is we downsize ALOT (mostly on his side) and then trail to cool places in USA and live there for a year or two and move on.

Mandy:  I think you meant to say when you point and cry because we are living the life while you still slave away! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Of course it's a really nice day out there and I have so much stuff to do at home.

QOTD: I'd like to semi-retire at 62 but with health insurance issues I don't see how that will happen. Realistically I'll probably have to work until whenever I can get on medicare.  My full SS retirement age is 67 but I think I'll financially be able to retire earlier if I can figure out something with the insurance.  I'm really ready to semi-retire now and just work some part time jobs.

DigDug2

7 this a.m. - starting a stretch of cooler weather and lower humidity.  For some reason I've felt really low-energy the last couple of weeks, runs have been a bit of a grind.  I'm just going to make sure I'm sleeping and eating well and assume it will pass.

QOTD:  60.  But a lot can change in the next 15 years...

LB2

10 after work.

QOTD: I guess it depends. I'm "retiring" from being the mayor next year, November 30, 2016. But that is just a part time thing. Three terms as a councilman and two terms as mayor is enough. I figure about 60ish. I'll keep on doing something. However, if my friend wins in November, I may try to move over to the Dept. of Ed or work as a liaison between the governor's office and the legislature or governor's office and higher ed. I am very comfortable talking to people about things I understand, especially in informal settings. I think I could do some good in those areas. Louisiana has a great deal of work to do to get our higher education funding back up after the reign of Adolf Jindal. He has raped and pillaged the whole system; totally screwed up funding at all levels. I am not a "big government" guy, but Jindal has gone to great lengths to use public funds to take care of himself and his cronies at the expense of let's see: mental health, higher education, secondary education, and public health. But anyway, around 60.

LB2

some call me Tim

I'll get in a slow 7 in a minute here, then a few more as I get out to the second in the mile race series tonight, this time at my old HS. Report in tomorrow's daily.

qotd: Hell, I haven't even started yet. I detoured right as I got my piece of paper to stay home, raise the kids and fix every broken thing in the known universe. They'll both be in school all day for the first time this fall and I can finally get started doing web development more than a couple hours a week. So, no... at this point and given my current situation I expect I'll work for the rest of my life. Maybe I'll cobble a different plan together along the way.

Occasional Runner

5 miles, a mix of road and trail. That was my last run on my "home" trails. It's moving day!

QOTD: 55 and not a day over.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just a general observation becomes I am not too sure about everyone but it appears having kids adds 7 more years to planned retirement date.  I thought you had kids so they take care of you when you are old?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

7 more years working, 7 years off of your lifespan, what's not to love 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run today, too cold.

Just kidding. 

But no run it is. Just did not find the time between work, doc appointment, errands, kids, and dropping off DD at her friend's house to go on a trip to a cosplay convention in Baltimore over the weekend. (Random fun fact, while I was typing "cosplay convention", auto correct changed it it to "costly convention" - that just about describes it as well!

Planning on a run tomorrow after work.

QOTD: Not soon. Five kids through/in/heading towards college takes its tribute. Should have thought this out twenty-some years ago... 

Run for fun.