Trailer Trash

Road vs. Trail -- A Question (Read 427 times)

XtremeTaper

I would choose road runner so that I could keep running.

I don't mind running the roads from time to time and in fact the winter months have me on the road more often. The roads around my home base are actually fairly pleasant in terms of scenery, variety, and low traffic.

WTF is wrong that you can't run at all for 60 days? Do you have a diagnosis? That seems a long time. Sorry.  Sad

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tendonitis is a bitch, XT.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Tendonitis is a bitch, XT.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've had cases of it in my knees and back for much of all last year. I am too stubborn to stop running though and mine at least allowed me to run slowly or with some discomfort at most. Sucks not to run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Wandering Wally

Trails.  It's where I am anyway even when not running.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

jonferg67

Endless trails

Good question, Mandy.

I'm on a short hiatus while I heal from a calf strain, and I miss running a great deal.

If all I had was roads I'd take it, running itself is my drug of choice.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yeah, tell me about it. I've had cases of it in my knees and back for much of all last year. I am too stubborn to stop running though and mine at least allowed me to run slowly or with some discomfort at most. Sucks not to run.

I start PT soon.  Could I run at the moment?  Sure.  I could run through the pain.  I have been since June.  But I'd rather take the time off and get this shit figured out so I'm not stuck with it forever.  It does suck big time.

Running is dumb.

Scrapster

I start PT soon.  Could I run at the moment?  Sure.  I could run through the pain.  I have been since June.  But I'd rather take the time off and get this shit figured out so I'm not stuck with it forever.  It does suck big time.

You most certainly can NOT run at the moment, missy.

<tapping wooden spoon against hand>

Watoni

I would bike on the roads and some road bikeable trails (uphill on Railroad Grade on Mt. Tam, for example) with some wider tires.

Otherwise, I would hike, snowshoe, ski, dance on the trails to my heart's content, but no road running

Watoni

Ouch?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You most certainly can NOT run at the moment, missy.

<bends over>

I said I *could* run, not that I will...  Cry

Running is dumb.

sugnim

Do you have any idea of the time frame for when you might be able to lace up & start running again?

BenTN

Do you have any idea of the time frame for when you might be able to lace up & start running again?

It better be before 3/09!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It better be before 3/09!

Ben, I won't be running LBL.  But I'm still coming to crew and drink beer.  I may be drunk by the time you hit mile 35.

Sugnim, I don't know.  I assume I'll get more info at my first PT appointment.

Running is dumb.

Messenjah

Trust me, she impromptu crewed for me a few months ago and she was drinking by noon of a 12 hour run.

Ben, I won't be running LBL.  But I'm still coming to crew and drink beer.  I may be drunk by the time you hit mile 35.

BenTN

I was hoping you might be able to do the 23K and see the trail. I'm just looking forward to meeting you. Running or crewing, it's all good.

I understand you might be nervous about the eleven hour cut off. Big grin