Trailer Trash

Provo Marathon RR (Read 45 times)

Occasional Runner

It's a road race, but whatever...there was a short stretch of rock and dirt in one section, so it clearly belongs here!

What began as a training run turned into more and I was pretty pleased with it all. 2013 has been treating me well and I'm having a lot of fun along the way.

Because this race wasn't intended to be serious, I tried to keep the RR light and jovial as well. And I took a few pokes at the road marathon crowd, but I don't think they'll pick up on it.

I hope you check it out and enjoy!

Kelly

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/05/provo-city-marathon-my-accidental-bq.html

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hmmm..not a marathoner? Run a 3:12 marathon? I think you may have a new formula for greatly decreasing one's marathon time.  Run 300+ miles per month, run ridiculous trails in any weather, travel considerably, and run 100 milers for fun.  Sounds easy enough.

Great job.  (and when I read the initial statements that you had a BQ my thought was to try and convince you to run Boston next year but then I read that last paragraph...nevermind!)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Hmmm..not a marathoner? Run a 3:12 marathon? I think you may have a new formula for greatly decreasing one's marathon time.  Run 300+ miles per month, run ridiculous trails in any weather, travel considerably, and run 100 milers for fun.  Sounds easy enough.

you forgot to add...then run the marathon as a training run.  good work lace.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Dude!  You could score another big marathon PR if you ran a flat course not at elevation without any poop breaks.  Very nice!

And yeah, I hear you...there's many reasons I've never run a road marathon...

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Great job.  (and when I read the initial statements that you had a BQ my thought was to try and convince you to run Boston next year but then I read that last paragraph...nevermind!)

Thanks for checking out my RR, but I don't think there's a formula that works for me. Not consistently anyway.

It's tempting to go to Boston but I'm just not driven to do it. I've been an outspoken critic of the marathon mentality for a long time, so I would be a hypocrite if I jumped on the Boston bandwagon. It's just not something I need to check off my list.

Occasional Runner

Dude!  You could score another big marathon PR if you ran a flat course not at elevation without any poop breaks.  Very nice!

And yeah, I hear you...there's many reasons I've never run a road marathon...

Poop breaks are becoming a regular thing for me. How can cut those out when I don't seem to have control over them?

I'm just happy that I didn't get lost during this race. Getting lost and having to crap seem to be a developing trademark for most my races. I suppose, when I get older, I'll probably get lost and then realize I need to poop. It's all downhill from there!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Poop breaks are becoming a regular thing for me. How can cut those out when I don't seem to have control over them?

I'm just happy that I didn't get lost during this race. Getting lost and having to crap seem to be a developing trademark for most my races. I suppose, when I get older, I'll probably get lost and then realize I need to poop. It's all downhill from there!

I hear some people take Imodium before marathons.  I haven't pooped in anything less than a 50K yet, but the fear would be there in a longer road race.  I mean, my body is used to just being able to go if I have to go.  I can't imagine trying to find a damn port-o-potty in a dire situation.  Confused

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Lace.  Reminded me of a Larry the Cable Guy bit -"Did you ever crap so big your pants fit better?"  Now you can say - "Did you every carp so much you BQ'd?"

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Birdwell

Holy Crap! You've gotten pretty quick!

Nice job on the race and the age group win.

I think it proves a point lot's of people make on this site, to get faster, simply run more.

Occasional Runner

Nice job, Lace.  Reminded me of a Larry the Cable Guy bit -"Did you ever crap so big your pants fit better?"  Now you can say - "Did you every carp so much you BQ'd?"

HAHAHA! That's awesome! Thanks!

Low_O2

Great Job! Nice work on the RR, had me chuckling quite a few times.

I have never had the desire to run a road marathon, but lately have been curious what kind of time I could get. Seems to be the standard by which all "serious" runners are compared. Might have to jump in one one of these days to see what all the fuss is about.

Snowdenrun

No beer?! .. I don't understand. But really, nicely done!

And I think I'd rather crap behind a bush than in a porta-potti. Actually I passed one buy on a recent run and found a friendly tree instead. Smile

Snowdenrun

Also..

It's like you used to be able to see the squirrels because your office.. I mean race was right by the window and they've moved your race 4 times already. Have you seen my stapler?

Occasional Runner

Also..

It's like you used to be able to see the squirrels because your office.. I mean race was right by the window and they've moved your race 4 times already. Have you seen my stapler?

Classic!

muppy

Nice job, that's fast for being "super slow"as you say, congrats!

Hope you get those "TPS  reports" done!