Trailer Trash

It's Monday (Read 30 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Not a rest day for me since last week was pretty low, mileage-wise, though I did manage to get out a little every day to keep the streak going.  It's also a break between storms today, so I'm heading out shortly to get in 5 or 6 in rock creek.

I've also got masons at my house, working on our garage.  When was the last time you met a mason?  Exactly.  These guys are in high demand and we've been waiting for them forever to get on their schedule.

qotd:  If you could have another career, is there something you might do instead (or in addition) to your chosen career?   I  think about being an RN or nurse practitioner.  I grew up in the 80s, and these traditional careers were discouraged in my college prep, all girls school.  I didn't fully understand the wide variety of career opportunities within this field, nor appreciate the flexibility, pay and job security these skills enabled.  But I also love my field of choice, too, so it's speculation, not regret.

NorthernHarrier

Morning folks,   Currently doing a little session of core, stretching, weights, and maybe 10 minutes or so on the elliptical. Just because, I guess. Otherwise it is a rest day from running. Also hopefully my last working of Mondays as my 4 day work week finally starts. Oh, and it's also another birthday for me. The number is starting to sound pretty bad but I guess having a birthday is still a good thing. Meeting the boys at Hooters tonight for the Packer game. Maybe if I tell the Hooter girls it's my b-day I'll get a little more love. 

QOTD--Well no regrets, I enjoyed working for myself for over 30 years but I was always interested in land surveying or being a timber cruiser.

LB2

SRD. I'll run tomorrow after work and before my town meeting.

QOTD: Probably forestry, maybe a game warden. I like being in the woods.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Monday, Trailers.  SRD today.  Busy weekend.  Walked several miles on Saturday placing wreaths on soldier's graves in Quantico.  One of my former swimmers died 8 years ago and his family started the Sgt. Mac Memorial Foundation.  They place Christmas wreaths on the graves of soldiers at Gettysburg National Military Park and now Quantico.  He was a great kid, and was like an older brother to my kids when they were younger.

16 mile run yesterday in the woods.  Mt. Bikers and hikers all over since Sunday is still a no hunting day in PA.

Happy birthday, NH.

Sgt. Jonathan "Eric" McColley.

QOTD:  I would be a furniture maker.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy Birthday, Harrier!  I got you a MNF Packer game for your birthday!  Enjoy your time with the Hooters ladies. 

I hit 30.4 miles last week, which is a "big" week for me these days.  Of course now the top of my foot hurts.  Right under your toes where it flexes.  So I'll be taking a SRD, which might turn into rest days plural.  We'll see.

QOTD: I have no idea.  I don't even know what I'm doing in my current working life.  I want to be independently wealthy.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

20 trail miles is Ville Platte, Louisiana this morning. Jo and went out and swept the 100 mile course before heading to New Orleans for a few days of drinking and eating before heading for Texas. It was a perfect day for a run down here.

QOTD: I don't care. I work to live, I don't live to work. As long as it keeps dumping cash into my bank account and provides the freedom for me to enjoy life, I don't care what it is.

Daydreamer1

Worked a 24 hour shift yesterday, got in a nice long nap on the overnight part but still a little sleepy so I may take a short nap until DD comes home from work then we'll head out to the woods for a lit bit of hunting. For some reason she's really into it the past two years.  Looking at either a trainer/elliptical session tonight, or maybe a night run by moonlight.

runtrail - DS worked for a mason over the summer doing general labor.  For a short term job it was OK but not something he would want to do long term. He did make some pretty good money and they were always busy.

NH -- Happy Birthday

AT- That is a beautiful, yet sad picture. I need to spend more time visiting Military cemeteries and memorials.

QOTD:  I like my job, in someways, sometimes. When I look back there are many things that I wish I would have done. I could have stayed in the trucking business, I should have worked more with my BIL and taken over his HVAC and electrical business. I wish I would have moved on to other disciplines in the medical field when I was younger, mostly either respiratory therapy or Physician Assistant. The problem is I'm now too old to make most switches. Sure I could go back to school for additional training but when I do a cost-benefit analysis I'll never get a positive return on my investment.  All that aside though if I could switch I would love to have a outdoor sports shop that would include, running, biking, canoes/kayaks, hunting/shooting and skiing. Another job that I could enjoy would be something in the financial world, such as accountant, financial adviser,  money manager.   I enjoy the analysis that goes with that stuff.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got up to run and was so sore and stiff I decided to walk Earl instead of running.  Once I got out there and loosened up a bit I could have run but I was braless...so I continued to walk.  But I did bring stuff for a lunch run.  Last two time I brought clothes for a lunch run I forgot the bra..made sure I had it this time.

Oh on the way out of my house my garbage can was smoking...we put our coals in a tin can for a few days then the trash...I guess they weren't cooled off yet.  So I had to put out a smolder fire before the walk.  Totally melted the bottom out of the trash can.  batting a 1,00 here!

QOTD:  Professional trail runner.  Ok same as LB2 forestry..something in the woods.

Happy Birthday Northern Harrier!  Enjoy Hooters tonight...keep it classy!  Wait too late.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sue, it sounds like you should just quit the day early and turn in with a bottle of wine.  We don't want you to hurt yourself.  Maybe NH will bring you along to Hooters.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Happy Birthday, Harrier!  And what a fine plan for celebrating, but don't count on those hooter girls playing along with the 'it's my birthday line'.  Something tells me they've likely heard that one a few times already.

AT-runner

Tim

Maybe NH will bring you along to Hooters.

With or without her bra?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

With or without her bra?

With, of course.  That just means that she can lose it later when she's dancing with the Hooters girls.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

I was pressed for time today but still got the Lady over to Green Lane for a brisk 5 miles on the red loop. Brisk in terms of pace and temperature. High 20's today but it felt raw. Some old codger walking in the meadow complimented me on being "tough" for running in shorts on such a day. Shrug. Ain't really cold yet.

QOTD: Tough question. Probably need to come up with a second career one of these days. Feel like a dinosaur in my present one.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That sounds like a really good idea Mandy...I wouldn't mind going to Hooters with Northern...nothing like two old folks hitting on the youngins!!   Sans bra and dolphin shorts!

Sue, it sounds like you should just quit the day early and turn in with a bottle of wine.  We don't want you to hurt yourself.  Maybe NH will bring you along to Hooters.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

hog4life

First post here in the dailies. Some may have seen my shoe post and thanks for the input. My trail running will be limited to one day per weekend to start with, I live about 45-60 drive from the trails, I drive a full size truck, so daily commutes that far are out of the question. I've started with a group that leaves no runner behind, they stop at all the intersections and have a sweeper. Until I learn my way around the mountain, it's best I stick with them. All of the weekend trail runs will be including parts of all the trail races mentioned below. I signed up for 3 different trail races coming up, so I'll be staying around for a while.

Jan 10, Xterra 15k

March 28, McKay Hollow Madness 25k

April 24-26, Grand Viduta stage race of 13, 16, and 14 miles respectively.

Complete all 3 events and earn some sort of "Trail Boss" award. I hope it's at least a beer mug, and not just bragging rights. My ultimate goal for 2015 is to do the Huntsville, Alabama Grand Slam, which is a combined 120 miles, that includes 3, 50k's and one 26.2 FM.