Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 25 times)

AT-runner

Tim

No good name today.  Still under the weather, so no run today.  Might run near Harrisburg tomorrow morning and then take DW to the Farm Show.  Dd, you working there tomorrow? She wants to go, but I could pass on it.  Happy wife, happy life. 

QOTD:  Anyone caught up in the Fitbit craze?  I'm seeing a lot on patients wrists and DW has the Surge for tracking her workouts, but I don't see the need.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading out in a few fir the 5 ish...yea not raining this morning....

QOTD:  They make me laugh..my cousin asked me if I had one (when he was young he was track and football star).  I told him only non- althelics wear those things..he laughed. .  Folks at work are wearing them...I think it's good if it makes them aware of how little they move and get them moving...I didn't realize they can "friend" other fitbits and compete against each other which helps motivate for some.

Have a great weekend alll....it's a 3 dayer for us goverment workers.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 7 miles last night.  Very nice run with temps in the mid-30s.  Ahhhh, tropical weather.  I'm taking a SRD today.

QOTD: Um, well, uhhhh...    I actually ordered one yesterday on Amazon.  I'm mostly interested in tracking my calories burned and how much I walk, since I walk a lot.  So I guess I am a non-athletic fat slob.  LOL.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

We were bar hopping in a limo last night for a buddies birthday, so my drunk ass is just crawling out of bed. Running is overrated anyway.

QOTD: I don't even own a GPS watch. I don't need tech to tell me when I'm fit.

runtraildc

Ran 4 yesterday.  Was supposed to be easy and slow to rest my quad, but I ran it faster than I have in a long while.  Mentally, felt great!  Leg is ok, but bothering my hip a little.  I'm not trying to be a hypochondriac, but it's been a slight niggle for the last month and this week it got worse.  Maybe due to yoga?  too much work on the hamstrings and not enough on the quads?   I don't like that direction and I firmly believe in addressing things early.  We'll see-- more stretching and heat.

I'll get in 4 or 5 easy tonight during the kiddo's practice.

qotd:  I was talking about these with my BIL recently-- he swore they helped him.  Until the band broke and he put it away.  And that was a year ago.  I think that pretty much sums it up.  Like anything, if you stick with something, it will help, and I think fitbits and the like help folks keep track or build awareness around activity levels.  Until they start ignoring them.    But, if there is even a small percentage of users that  make significant changes in their health, they are good in my book.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Um, well, uhhhh...    I actually ordered one yesterday on Amazon.  I'm mostly interested in tracking my calories burned and how much I walk, since I walk a lot.  So I guess I am a non-athletic fat slob.  LOL.

DW teaches 7-8 fitness classes a week and she uses it to track calories. She has the surge and also uses the GPS for running. She realy likes it.

My leg has been showing really excellent progress over the last few days.  The 9 days or so of no progress had me worried quite a bit so this is a real relief.

QOTD: My wife has a fitbit and likes it.  She is definitely a non athlete though.  I am intrigued by one feature, the sleep monitoring.  I wonder how well monitoring wrist motion works to judge quality of the night's sleep.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

hahahahahahahaha

but on a serious note how does it track calories? 

I ran 7 miles last night.  Very nice run with temps in the mid-30s.  Ahhhh, tropical weather.  I'm taking a SRD today.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea!!!!

My leg has been showing really excellent progress over the last few days.  The 9 days or so of no progress had me worried quite a bit so this is a real relief.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sometimes in the morning drinking is overrated.   never at night though

We were bar hopping in a limo last night for a buddies birthday, so my drunk ass is just crawling out of bed. Running is overrated anyway.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I recommend a week in the sun at the beach with fruity drinks and straws...no running that week.  Just exercise your neck checking out hotties. 

Ran 4 yesterday.  Was supposed to be easy and slow to rest my quad, but I ran it faster than I have in a long while.  Mentally, felt great!  Leg is ok, but bothering my hip a little.  I'm not trying to be a hypochondriac, but it's been a slight niggle for the last month and this week it got worse.  Maybe due to yoga?  too much work on the hamstrings and not enough on the quads?   I don't like that direction and I firmly believe in addressing things early.  We'll see-- more stretching and heat.

Gator eye

Ran 6 this morning. Not real sure where I left my legs but I didn't have mine. The legs I ran with this morning were slow awkward feeling legs that never ran before. I'm hoping my legs show back up for tomorrow's run.

QOTD: I got one for Christmas. It was neat for a little while but wore off quickly. It claimed I walked around 7 to 8 miles a day besides what I ran in the mornings.

runtraildc

Yes!!  I think DH will be on board with this idea (I'll keep the hotties part of this to myself, though).

And TT-- great news about your leg!

I recommend a week in the sun at the beach with fruity drinks and straws...no running that week.  Just exercise your neck checking out hotties. 

AT-runner

Tim

hahahahahahahaha

but on a serious note how does it track calories? 

When you set up your App on a computer or phone, you enter age, sex, height and weight. It uses an approximate value for your basal metabolic rate and adjusts for increases in your heart rate during workouts.  You can also log in exercise data to make it more accurate.

AT-runner

Tim

TT - great news. I bet Marley is happy as well. Maybe you'll get out there soon.

Dd1 - if you see this, we had change in plans and I'm going to the Farm Show tonight with DW and DD#2. I'll look for your booth, and when I get there I'll ask for a glucose tablet for my diabetic daughter.