Trailer Trash

Tuesday (Read 39 times)

Birdwell

Good morning!

Got out for a 4 mile "brisk" walk this morning, mainly to gauge how my knee would feel. There's still a bit of discomfort, but I think I'll be able to work through it.

QOTD: pass

NorthernHarrier

Morning folks,

About to head out for about 8 at Blue Mounds but first the coffee needs my full attention. We had a crappy spring of weather but it has been stellar the last few days. I like it! Sun and 70's today. Cool

Birdwell--good job on being a patient patient.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

looks like we're skipping Spring and going right into Summer, sadly Sad   yesterday's afternoon run was ~ 75 degrees, but it felt like 85!   I think I'll be shifting to morning runs unless we get some cooler weather

in other news- I signed up for the Elkhorn 50k, was going to wait for the drawing of the Bridger Ridge Run, but thought they I might get aced out of both, so took the sure thing- my wife is signed up for the 23k of the same event, this will be double her longest event! Smile

strength training this afternoon

qotd: how running shoes in the closest?  I've got four pair, one is close to retirement and will be relegated to lawn mowing duties- I'm in the hunt for another pair though Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Hi all,

Last night I chose yoga over running (who am I?) I just get these feelings sometimes where if I don't go to yoga, my muscles (and/or brain) will snap. I'm so glad I went! My hips and core feel amazing,  and a bit sore.

Tonight I will definitely be running....likely about 7 miles. Tapering has begun and I can already feel the crazies coming.

QOTD: probably 7 or 8 pairs in my closet right now, but only 3 pairs are actually being used. I have a hard time letting them go.

NorthernHarrier

QOTD-- I have 6 pairs currently in the rotation. 2 more pairs in boxes waiting to go . As far as retired pairs laying around the house,garage, cabin, basements. No idea. I bet maybe 25-30 pairs. It's embarrassing. Blush

Mtwarden--your calendar looks busy. Nice. I'm hoping to have an idea on mine on Sunday. I'm at the mercy of outside forces if you know what I mean.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mtwarden--your calendar looks busy. Nice. I'm hoping to have an idea on mine on Sunday. I'm at the mercy of outside forces if you know what I mean.

let me know if you still want to squeeze in the Beaten Path, I should still have time to do that Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Happy rainy day.  7.5 on the road.  Got wet the last 2 miles.

QOTD:  8 in rotation and 2 all shiny and new in boxes.  Three weeks ago, DW dropped off 18 pairs (10 of mine and 8 of hers) to the a store that collects for Soles 4 Souls.  Running shoes is the only shoe category that I can beat DW.  I have 2 pairs of dress shoes; one black and one brown.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Just got back from an 8 mile trail run in the Wasatch with some buddies. It was a perfect morning to be on the trail as the sun came up. We had a blast. It's mornings like this that make me really happy to have moved out here.

QOTD: Maybe 18 or 20 pairs. I have something special for every imaginable occasion, plus a few pairs of new shoes still in their boxes ready to get put into play.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning all!

Ended up doing 10 miles on the bike after work.  I put on my running clothes and headed out the door at night, but my calf was feeling "off" from the get-go so I bailed.  I think it's a combo of still recovering from the 50k and the 10 mile tempo run I did on Sunday...I'm planning on giving 4-6 a shot tonight.  As a newer runner, I'm starting to feel a lot more in touch with the warning signs of a TMTS injury (following the fail your way to success method).  I am as pleased with bailing last night as I would have been if I got the mileage in.

QOTD: 5 pairs...3 for the road (all VFF bikila ls...yeah I'm that guy) and 2 for the trails (both NB MT1010, neither holding up).  Also have 2 pairs of sneakers that could be repurposed into running shoes if I felt the need.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

About to head out for a nice loop over the hills. Weather is ok, at least no rain (yet, this might change), some sun, and moderate temps.

Birdwell: Hope your knee will get over it soon.

Harrier: Have a fun run!

warden: "Instant summer"!  When's the Elkhorn 50k? Better get some heat runs in before that, just sayin'. Black eye

T&C: Stay strong! (take this in whatever way you need it...)

AT: Wet is ok, but beware of the cold! It might be a myth, but I always felt as if the pneumonia might be right back as soon as I got really cold.

lace_up: Sounds like a really great morning run. I'm jealous!

Edit: zilla, you beat me! Love that "fail your way to success" - it might become my new motto!

QOTD: I used to be proud to say that I had only 1 pair of shoes. Then 2 pair, one for roads, one for the trails. Now it's 6 pair, 2 road, 3 trail, 1 crossover. Long distance running sure takes up not only time, but also money and lots of closet space! Wink

Keep trailing, everyone!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm planning on an easy 4ish tonight.  Still trying to figure out this injury crap.  Are you sick of me talking about this for the last 15 months yet?  Joking

I really need to swap out the tires on my bike so I can hit the mountain bike trails.  Harrier is right, it's absolutely gorgeous weather here.  70s and sunny.

QOTD: Ohhhh, ummm, let's see...non-retired pairs, right?  Maybe 10 or so?  If we add in retired pairs, I have no idea.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning trailers! I ran 4.5 miles this morning.  Mandy - I am still with you on the injury front.  I have been dealing with this for...ummm....10 months I think.  I am so sick of it.  I had an appt with a podiatrist this morning.  Good news is he did not say to me "Dude - you should not be running.  Your feet are so messed up."  He did say I am dealing with Retrocalcaneal Bursitis caused by the rubbing of shoes on my achilles area I think due to a bit of an abnormal heel bone.  My achilles is strong he said but the other areas in and around are struggling.  My feet feel fine with no shoes on but as soon as I put any shoe on, I feel pressure and burning pain.  I guess I should start running barefoot?!? Eight ball  (This is not in your future!) Oh thank God.  So it's back to PT and slowly increase my mileage again as the PT "works" on those areas of my feet.  All I can do is take one day at a time.  (Mandy you do the same!)

QOTD: I have no running shoes IN my closet.  DW wont let me keep those filthy things there.  But I have 4 pair of retired, yard work, grass cutting, leisure shoes.  I have 4 pair of "in use" (some of the time) shoes (2 trail, 1 road, 1 pair crossover)

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I'm planning on an easy 4ish tonight.  Still trying to figure out this injury crap.  Are you sick of me talking about this for the last 15 months yet?  Joking

No, not at all.  We are all pulling for you and are happy that at least you are doing some running now. Smile

AT-runner

Tim

He did say I am dealing with Retrocalcaneal Bursitis caused by the rubbing of shoes on my achilles area I think due to a bit of an abnormal heel bone.    I guess I should start running barefoot?!?  

If you need some advice, there's a Barefoot Forum on RWOL.  Ask Lace about it, he went there once or twice. Big grin

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

If you need some advice, there's a Barefoot Forum on RWOL.  Ask Lace about it, he went there once or twice. Big grin

Ummmm...yeah...let's not revisit that. Tight lips

My favorite day of the week is RUNday