Trailer Trash

Saturday (Read 31 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 6 miles of big hill work. I really pounded the downhill, trying to see how the legs would hold up. They did just fine.

QOTD: Do you ever "turn it up" when you see other runners or hikers out on the trail?

On the downhill leg of the run, I saw a group of hikers (from the local college sorority) through the trees and I noticed that my pace picked up  almost subconsciously.

As I passed, I heard a few comments about "flying down" the mountain.

This has happened to me before (not just with sorority students) anyone else willing to admit it?

Sandy-2

Morning Birdwell.

Did 15 this morning, went pretty well.  I actually stopped before the legs revolted so I guess things are starting to return to "normal".

qotd: I guess sometimes I try to "push" to catch up, kind of a motivation thing I guess.  But more typically I'm more likely to be sucking in my gut, cause I'm running without a shirt.  Big grin

tbd.

Chnaiur

No running - back still not straight.

QOTD: Yes, I have to admit I do that. I absolutely despise running behind people. I tense up and lose my rythm. It was a standing joke in my adventure racing team that I would lag until I went up in front, and then I would pull hard instead. My perceived effort was the same.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

After a .8 dog run, I did 12.8 in Clayton park.  4.5 miles with HATRs (who immediately outran me) then the rest solo.  14.25 pace

Beautiful crisp morning, listened to Song of Songs and started Isaiah

QOTD:

I though I was the only one who did this.  For the short term I'll pick it up a bit, and be in my best form, etc.  If we are going the same direction and I can't keep up, well then I'll let 'em pass so I can see the roots before it's too late.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jonferg67

Endless trails

20.6 trail miles for me this morning, everything felt fine and I hydrated and fueled

with all Hammer products. I was glad to finally get a solid LR in.

QOTD: Yea, I've done that.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy weekend.  Was going to have a SRD yesterday, but weather was so nice that after work DW and I went for 6 mile hike on AT.  Was nice not to be running and to be able to look around for a change.  We were pushing the available light when we made it out of the woods.  Wish we had packed in with supplies.

Easy run today on the road.  Has been a busy week, so no time to drive up to mountains today.

QOTD:  Hell yea!.  I've been death in the middle of a death march on some long uphills and when I see hikers coming down I'll immediately start running.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked early today, and I'll try to get a run in later.

Legs are healing up, everything fine to go.

Birdwell: I have also tried trashing my quads on downhills on purpose, but it would not happen. Only in races.

Sandy: Nice miles!

Chnaiur: Hope your back will straighten out soon. With me, it often gets better with a short, easy run.

jbyram: Sounds like a long run to me, without dog.

jonferg: Is there a reason to go all Hammer, or just trying?

QOTD: I do that. Can't let anyone get ahead of me.

Just kidding. I do speed up when I see someone ahead, but if a runner comes up from behind, or turns out to be way faster than me, I have no problem letting them pass and go.

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

12 miles on a 9 mile loop at Ramapo Park this morning (3+ bonus miles).  Those are some tough trails.

QOTD: yeah, I admit to trying to look as fresh and nimble as possible when I encounter others.  Today I almost fell on my face right as the couple I was approaching turned around...saved it, but threw my handheld.

Couch: I got a little lost and ended up in some stickers today and thought of you (not nearly as bad as your report).

**Ask me about streaking**

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

12 miles on a 9 mile loop at Ramapo Park this morning (3+ bonus miles).  Those are some tough trails. 

MoMa practice, I presume? I'll be there next week.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jonferg67

Endless trails

jonferg: Is there a reason to go all Hammer, or just trying?

They sent a bunch of samples with my order for Fizz and gels, so I'm just trying. I used

Perpetuem today, along with gels and fizz.

I also thought about you and your adventure as I was exploring new to me trails today, I got

lost a few times but was still within a state park so it didn't really matter. Not nearly as gnarly as

your adventure.

Watoni

Probably URD today: On my ride yesterday my left foot was hurting, almost like a pinched nerve where my skin is regrowing after Leadville. I think it is not the blisters, though, since I have them on the right foot as well and they do not hurt at all. I think I just tweaked something on the run. Anyway, this is bad news a week before heading out to ride 100+ hours in the mountains over 10 days ....

QOTD: Not really. I try not to because I hate it on the bike when you pass somebody just doing your ride and all of a sudden they are two inches from your rear wheel, not saying hi, not pulling through to help out, as if we are in a race or I am their ^%$#^% domestique. I do try to have good form, though, and actually slow down if I am breathing hard or on the verge of puking ....

Occasional Runner

Ran a trail marathon in Park City today and felt like crap the entire time. My stomach was messed up by mile 2. I think I ate something that didn't agree with me last night.

Nonetheless, I finished in 4:08:32, but was hoping for 3:30.

QOTD: On occasion, if I feel like playing that game.

Hi people.  Right on schedule, our coastal NorCal weather has gotten beautiful now that it's September and the fog has disappeared.  Roads are busy with beach-goers, who might actually brave the water given these nice temps.  DH and I ran 15.3, some paved coastal trail, some unpaved bluffs.

QOTD: oh yes, I definitely try not to death march whenever others are around.  Not sure I'm fooling anyone, though.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Five miles around the neighbor hood in the afternoon sunshine.

Qotd:  guilty

Daydreamer1

URD again. Got out of work late, slept several hours then went to a wedding. Now I'm too tired for a run, so it's do some homework then off to bed.

QOTD: Other runners on the trails??? Really?? you must be joking. I almost never see anyone else on the trails I run. This year I did see a couple of out of shape people strolling along with a kid looking for Sasquatch, but I never see anyone to run down. That being said, if I would see someone I probably wouldn't pick it up since I tend to push too hard to begin with and have little reserve left.