Trailer Trash

Mondaily (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

Happy Monday Trailers!

I was on the trail at 4 AM for a quick run in the mountains. We have a busy week so I'll need to squeeze my miles in whenever I can.

Snow and rain on my run, I'm expecting spring to arrive any day now.

QOTD: To contrast the question from yesterday...Where running is concerned, what's your greatest strength?

For me, it might be experience. I'm not the fastest guy on the trail but I'm pretty good at the strategic aspect of racing and I know how to work through problems when they crop up.

Have a great day!

LB2

I work late tonight, and I will do some weightlifting when I get home. That is part of my structured plan for Mondays, and last week was the first week of my structured plan. I didn't lift weights last week. But I need a little more core strength going into this thing.

QOTD: Generally speaking, my greatest strength is my discipline to execute a plan of action that is focused on the end result. As such, I don't usually get caught up in the little things that don't matter. This strength has rarely failed me in work, life, running, or anything else.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD.  Feels good, I needed it.

qotd: I guess similar to LB2.  Once I set out to do something, I generally try to see it through.  Whether that's the plan I set up, running while traveling, or finishing a long run that I've started.  Some might call that stubbornness.  But at the same time I don't sweat the small stuff and if my body tells me I have to back-off, I will.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

The pooch and I had another great 4 mile trail run. Strangely the allergies didn't seem as bad today.

QOTD:  Since I don't think of my running in terms of competition these days, strengths and weaknesses in the traditional sense seem kind of moot.  So I guess that I'll say that the ability to run almost every day and continue to have a great time doing it is my strength.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, will also try a short mix of walking/jogging on the treadmill as well- yesterdays hike went really well, hoping to build on it

qotd: I'll call it grit, for better or worse I generally can grind things out to completion (albeit it might be a long time doing so Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Good morning!

SRD today after a good weekend of running for the dog and I. Saturday we got out for 23 miles with ~5800ft climbing and 10 miles with ~2600ft of climbing on Sunday. Surprisingly felt pretty good on Sunday after a tough run Saturday. My next couple races have quite a bit of climbing so I'm trying to ramp up the vertical a bit.

QOTD: I think my ability to move well in tough terrain is probably my strength. Steep, technical, and high altitude are my best areas. Or maybe that's just what I enjoy which makes it feel like my strength...

moonlightrunner

I plan 45 minutes of running before boot camp.It is a rainy day and mMonday here. That's OK...I really love the rain...I just wish it was a little warmer.

I had a wonderful run last night. One of those runs where you weren't sure you wanted to go or not...but really glad you did.

Qotd: not sure I really have any...I love it for how itmakes me feel good. I am not competitive but it has made me run pretty consistently

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Rest day, going to try and get a few miles of walking and light stretching in between rain drops

QOTD: Greatest strength, when I get a bug about completing a task or goal I get anal about it and it takes up most of my time and thoughts till I complete the goal or I feel like I'm the best I personally will ever be. This also work in the opposite, when I burn out,I'm burnt out and I move along to the next hobby, goal, or project. My past history tells me it takes 5 to 6 years before I'm completely spent and move on to the next hobby. I'm 4 years into this one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

I finished the project at work...I get to return to being a normal(ish) human being.  I ran my town's 5k on Saturday, which was my first run in weeks.  I finished 11th in 19:46...all in all I haven't lost too much conditioning.  I did not end up running Ironmaster's...making plans for North Face 50 mi or 50k for this coming weekend.  Really looking forward to a normal afternoon run today.

QOTD: I'm with O2 on ability to cover technical terrain.  I like to think I'm very efficient and quick through the technical stuff.  I generally do well in shorter races with technical terrain and sometimes find myself walking behind people through the hairy stuff, who otherwise pull away from me.  Other than that, being 30 is a nice advantage sometimes.

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am going to run after work with Earl...I don't know why I couldn't drag my ass but out of bed at 6:30 for a run.

QOTD:  I'm pretty strong...I consider myself a draft horse.  I can dig deep and getter done.  Another strenghth is knowing not to take it too seriosuly.

I really get inspriation off the folks that consistently run; Lace in freezing Canada at 4 AM, Sandy while traveling all over, TT who consistently hits the traiil with Marley,  LB who sets a plan and sticks with it....util a turkey crosses his path (which I know was part of the plan).

LB2:  Saw a picture perfect Thanksgiving Turkey on the side of the road the other day...it was huge, colorful, and beautiful.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  I was AWOL last week while playing in a golf tournament in Pinehurst, NC.  I finished 3rd and made some $, so that was nice.  Ran 2 loops of the Ulmstead course, and decided I never need to run there again.  Also another shorter run around two different lakes, so was able to keep my legs moving.

QOTD:  Agree with a lot of the above, but will say "consistency" is my strength.  I've been racing for over 28 years, and I consistently don't win.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

SRD for me today.

QOTD: Consistency is my strength. I rarely have issues with motivation to run, although that same

level of consistency has turned into a liability at times. Maybe tenacity is a better answer.

Ran 4.4 miles during lunch today. Last quick run before the Broad Street Run this Sunday. I'll do a couple more easy runs this week.

QOTD: I would say my mental strength > any of my other strengths.

dpc3

Quick early morning 3 with the devil dog before the wind kicked back up.

QOTD: Hmmm still trying to figure that one out but would like to say my willingness to be stubborn and get the job done no matter what.

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a little 15.8 mile jaunt on the bike with DW. Nice change of pace and I'm looking forward to spending a little more time on the bike now that  it's warmer.

QOTD: Being too stupid or stubborn to quit. I may cut a training run short but I'd almost rather die then quit in a race. Some people might consider this a weakness and I understand their view point.