Trailer Trash

still thawing Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

Irish Luck

I have been sick for the last 8 days, so no running (well, with the exception of the 15K I raced in on Saturday). I think it was a bad move, but live and learn. Turns out I have an ear infection and a sinus infection.  Hope to be well enough by Saturday to try out two new local, small trail races--both are 5Ks, but it'll give us a chance to learn the trails of two parks nearby that we have never been to.

QOTD: No, never forgot to register for a race.  The mister and I are OCD, so we have a spreadsheet with registration dates, price upticks, and distances.  I've had dreams where friends have made me late for a race and/or prevented me from running a race, but that's about it.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

jamezilla

Follower of Forrest

Beautiful 5.5 mile run for me this afternoon.  I snuck out of work a little early to enjoy the day and was rewarded.  Early in the run I saw 2 deer, then a bald eagle for the first time in my life (in the wild) which was awesome.  Late in the run I caught up to a group of 2 guys and a girl who were running and pretty heavily geared up.  Turns out they were doing a 25 mi. run on the Long Path.  All in all, some really nice distractions to my usual run.

QOTD:  If I consider doing a race, I mark my calendar for the day I want to register and the day of the race.

6/21 - Manitou's Revenge 54mi

A man may never run the same trail twice for it is not the same trail and he is not the same man

Hi still here and got my mojo back.  Ran 5 this am in the rain.

QOTD: No

I need to sign up for a race..

Sandy-2

SRD today.

qotd:  No, but +1 to lace_up.  LOL.

Bighorn 100m, Jun 20 - 31:05:14

Hardrock 100m, Jul 11