Trailer Trash

Injinji Socks (Read 40 times)

Does anyone here wear them? Love/hate them?

During my past 2 long trail races (both over 5 hours), I have developed a large blister on the inside of my big right toe, I'm guessing because I have an oddly shaped 2nd toe that is long and crooked. The 2nd toe rubs against the big toe, all the time. It has always been weirdly shaped. My left toes are the same but I think my left foot is slightly smaller. My shoes fit well, and I don't think they are the problem.

I wore the same Drymax trail socks for both races. During the first race, my feet were wet almost the whole time so I expected blisters. But during my last one, they did not get wet at all, so the blister was smaller but somewhat surprising.

I think I'm going to give the Injinjis a shot. Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with them?

(Side note, I've already purchased "Fixing your Feet" and am finding the blister prevention and treatment advice very helpful)

*just realized the correct spelling* Roll eyes

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I tried them for a few ultras.  I ultimately went back to my Drymax socks.  They were fine for a few 50Ks, but I blistered horribly in them once.  Then again, I don't think any sock could prevent blisters from 15 hours of wet feet and mud.

Running is dumb.

LB2

I have used them. I have a pair on right now, as a matter of fact. I like Drymax better, but Injinji's are very good. I like the thin ones best. I have developed blisters with Injinji's two different times. However, one time conditions were extreme (27 hours and 42 minutes of wet feet), and the other time I had quite a bit of running where my feet were at odd angles and caused some issues on the outsides of my heels. I don't know if anything would have prevented blisters on either of those runs (100 mile and 100K, respectively). I have, however, never had a blister develop with Drymax socks, but I have never run those distances in Drymax. I did DNF a 100 mile race in Drymax socks, but it wasn't because of foot problems. I needed a Drymax stomach that day.

LB2

Snowdenrun

I have two pairs of them and they sit at the bottom of the drawer. They got holes in them at the tip of the toe area after only a few uses for shorter runs. Though I guess I didn't have any complaints while actually using them. But ten bucks is a lot to spend for socks that only last a week.

I am a huge fan of them.  In fact, I've forsaken all my prior socks to run solely in these, no matter what the distance.  They just work really well for me, whereas I've had blisters at points from all my others: Drymax, Balega, and Swiftwick.

Watoni

I have run my 50ks and 50 miler in them. The 50 miler had several stream crossings, etc. -- no blisters

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Maybe just tape the toe?

Uh oh... now what?

I like them, so does Kathy... (in case you needed another vote).

I am sensitive to the thickness (thin, medium, thick?).  I do not get the thin ones, Kathy does and has no problems with them.

I wore out the end of the toe (toe next to the big toe) wearing the thin ones (one run of about thirty miles, mostly ugly trails).

under a rock

I absolutely love Injini socks. I won't run in regular socks. I must have my toes separated now even for short runs now that I'm used to toe socks. I get blisters so easily from my toes rubbing on one another if I don't wear toe socks. For longer runs I wear an injini liner with wool socks over them, even in the summer, especially if I know I'm going to do any water crossings. For me, this combo has kept me blister free, even for marathons.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I will likely order a couple pairs of different thicknesses to try out. I know they are a bit pricey (though so are Drymax) but I'd pay a lot of $ to prevent blisters.

For those of you who like them...

What kind do you wear?

They have the "trail" version and the regular, then the lightweight, original weight, and mid-weight. I would definitely go with a mini-crew or higher length.  I think weight is a preference...but is there a big difference between the trail and regular sock?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ignorant question here....do they make Injini socks for those with Morton's syndrome (second toe longer than the bog toe)?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

under a rock

Ignorant question here....do they make Injini socks for those with Morton's syndrome (second toe longer than the bog toe)?

How much longer? They have enough give that I would think that you'd be fine unless it's excessively longer than the big toe. Looking at my socks without a foot in them, the second toe on the socks is the same length as the big toe.

Well, I just ordered from socksaddict.com. They had the most variety and FREE shipping. Same prices as injinji website.

I got:

1 pair Trail, mid-weight, mini crew

1 pair Run, original weight, mini crew

I like thicker socks for running, so I didn't bother trying the lightweight. I need some cushioning.

I'll let you know how they work out!

Ultra Cowboy

I have them and I wore them exclusively for a number of my long runs.  However putting them on and taking them off is a chore, and I am impatient.

I wear the liners in my hunting boots when I am on a weeklong backcountry trip.  Merino wool over them

I am also disappointed in the lifespan of some of the models.

If I have a "sure to be wet" run, I will wear the crew length Merino model.

I have Morton 's toe and they work fine.

WYBMADIITY

Save