Trailer Trash

Update and video about my accident (Read 50 times)

charlesmoman

Click on the link below if you would like to hear me talk about my experience thus far.

It has been four weeks since I was T-boned a couple of hours after I had finished my last long run before the Indiana Trail 100.

I had finished a 32.5 mile run with my running buddy, Bob Siscoe and stopped at a Denny's to chow down and chug coffee.

Almost nothing about the wreck because I have zero recollection of it.

I have received such nice messages of encouragement from all over the world, literally.

I heard from Bryon Powell, Ellie Greenwood, Joe Uhan and others who saw tweets about my accident.

Also, from random trail/ultra runners from Scotland and all over. Very helpful.

I woke up in a Lifeline helicopter about to lift off for the Indy Methodist Trauma Center.

My wife showed me a book about a guy who woke up like I did, but was paralyzed from the neck down.

And he still is paralyzed. I will take what I have got any day. Any day.

I am headed to the Indiana Trail 100 on Thursday and I WILL cross the start/finish timing mat after the almost 300 runners start.

The weather looks to be great! I will hang at aid stations to encourage runners and also to kick some butts - if needed!

I will wait until daylight, have my wife and friends get up that hill and under my own power I will cross over and go 100 inches.

That is the perfect distance for me now and then I will drop out and be a very happy DNF!

I suppose I better come back in 2015 and finish some business. : )

Short accident review

LB2

You have a great attitude, and I hope you make a 100% recovery and finish it next year.

LB2

runtraildc

thanks for sharing, Charles.    And its great to hear you'll make it to the race this week, DNF and all.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I've said it before and I will keep saying it...I am inspired by your incredible attitude.  I love that you will be at the Indiana 100.  Ask you wife to take a video of it please.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

charlesmoman

You can be sure we will videotape it!

That is why I have my own YouTube channel!

We will wait until daylight - 30 minutes after the official start.

moonlightrunner

I am happy you are on the trail to recovery. Your attitude is an inspiration!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

SheCan

Thank you for taking the time to make this video to let everyone know how you were doing.  I was surprised to see how unbroken you looked, and what a great, cheerful attitude you possess.  I hope to follow your own example as I face the hardships in my own life (though I hope I never have to face something of this magnitude.)  May you continue to heal, thrive, and enjoy life.  Good luck to everyone at the Indiana Trail 100.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

muppy

Thank you for posting the video, I am so amazed at your  positive attitude, and I hope you have a great time at your race  your 100 inches!

Gator eye

After reading your story and watching your video I feel a little embarrassed about my past complaints.

You look strong.

Sandy-2

Good luck in your 100.  So very impressive !!!!!!

Hang in there.  We're all pulling for you.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thank you for sharing, it is a touching document. I was just about to start a thread wondering how you are doing, and I'm glad to see that you are recovering so well and steady. Good luck for your 100, you are a great inspiration!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Thanks for posting. It's good to see you're recovering.