Trailer Trash

Moodboosting Mondailies (Read 42 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

We got a lot of snow last night, and the schools are closed. So I'll be heading out for a run on the trails soon, before the freezing rain and sleet take over.

QOTD: When running in the dark, what kind of visibility gear do you wear, if any?

Me: I only wear it when I run on roads or when I have to cross many roads. I have a mesh visibility vest and reflective shoe laces, and I usually wear my headlamp. When I run on trails, it is just the coincidental reflective stripes and patches on my running clothes and gear that make me stick out from the dark, and the headlamp or flashlight, but no reflective extras or blinking lights.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

morning!

Freezing rain here and I don't mess with ice.  Schools and even the fed govt  are delayed this morning.    I'll get out this afternoon for 5 on the trails once it warms up.  In the meantime between maybe I'll make some brownies...

FYTC-- enjoy the snow!  I hope you don't end up with too much sleet/ice.

qotd:  In the winter, I have a running jacket with large reflective patches that I wear, along with a headlight.  In warmer weather, I have a reflective vest that I usually wear.  If I'm running in the dark, it's almost always the roads and we have a lot of traffic.  Need to be seen.

I am at work for a long day today and tomorrow so it will be two rest days for the pooch and me Sad  It is a mixed mess here today.

At least I only work two days a week now that I am semi retired (to be fully retired the end of June) Smile

QOTD: Since I don't run on the road these days, no visibility stuff for me.  I do own a vest that I would wear if I did run on the road again.  Marley has one too, but she hasn't been wearing it lately either.  If running with a light somewhere that I especially wanted to be able to see her I might put in on her again.  I mostly run without a light though, unless going somewhere that I'll have trouble staying on the trail without one.  If it is a trail Marley knows and I say "show me" she will lead me when the trail is hard to follow.  My previous dog would hang back and seemed to be laughing at me as I ran into stuff Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me today.  No snow here, just ice.  I'm off to salt my walkways at the office.

FTYC: Enjoy the snowy trails.

runtraildc - Even the Federal Gov't is closed!  Oh well maybe something will get done today.  I grew up in DC 'burbs, and always hated when we had to go to school and the Federal Gov't had the day off.

TT: Enjoy the rest day.  You need a count down ticker on your sig line for "Days 'Til Retirement".

QOTD:  On roads, I wear an orange reflective vest, and lights.  Red light in back that blinks, and I wear my headlamp light on my chest.  I strap the light to either the vest or the straps of my pack.  I like the light on my chest because the light is always facing where I'm running..  On trails, just my lights.  Sometimes I'll take a second white light and hold it in my hands to illuminate things in the distance.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Even the Federal Gov't is closed!  Oh well maybe something will get done today.  I grew up in DC 'burbs, and always hated when we had to go to school and the Federal Gov't had the day off.

just a delayed start to ease the commute.  I don't want to spread national rumors that the government is taking a day off.

Scrapster

Morning, trailers!

Post-ice storm. Everything is snowy slushy foggy yuck. I had to cancel a run date because the kids are off school, but the little diva still has choir practice. Will run around the school for 45 minutes while she sings. Ugh. LOL.

QOTD:  Reflective vest if on the roads. Nothing on purpose on the trails. I always carry my handheld light, sometimes a headlamp too on really technical trails.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Grrrrr....I woke up at 5 to get out to the gym and saw the snow/ice we had and went back to bed.  Turns out I would have been ok to go.  So I got nothing this morning.  Maybe....just maybe something tonight.  Kids have off school because of the weather but again the roads are really ok so I don't get it.

QOTD: I have to confess I like to run in the dark on roads without much reflective gear.  I do have a jacket with some and will carry a flashlight but don't always use.  I feel I am better equipped to get out of the ways of the cars than they are to get out of my way.  Plus I usually run in areas of little traffic or a local park that has no traffic.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning everyone!  strength training planned for this evening

qotd:  only on trails, so a good headlamp & spare batteries (I do think that almost all of my running shorts/shirts/tights/shoes have a least some reflective stuff on them)- I've heard now from several folks that have moved their headlamp to their waist or chest- I'll have to try that next time out for a night run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Morning guys,  Kind of a dreary day here. But things will be melting some and tomorrow sounds like a day for the beach with record highs a comin'. I will throw on the micro-spikes and spend an hour in the woods slogging about. Some tempo in shorts tomorrow and then I start the colonoscopy diet plan. Sounds like a fun evening in store for me. Smile  So Wednesday will be my SRD as I will spend the morning getting violated!

QOTD: I have to confess I like to run in the dark on roads without much reflective gear.  I do have a jacket with some and will carry a flashlight but don't always use.  I feel I am better equipped to get out of the ways of the cars than they are to get out of my way.  Plus I usually run in areas of little traffic or a local park that has no traffic.

QOTD--I don't do a lot of nighttime running but when I used to boyjame's plan is what I followed.  Don't need to be all lit up so they can put the crosshairs on me. And if on trails just need a little light so I can manage to stay upright. I do enjoy running trails by lights but I really don't do much of it.

Trail Monster

One hour steady state today. Waiting for the freezing rain to lighten up.

QOTD: last time I ran at night it was just a headlamp and flashlight. I would never run roads at night. Only trails for me so I don't bother with reflective gear. I prefer to be able to turn off my lights and completely blend in.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Ultra Cowboy

Yesterdays Scheduled 21 miler was cut short after 2 of the 3 loops.  My cycle down week may have been moved up a week.

I'm tired and sore.  Should have known when I did only 2.7 on Friday that I was fried...

QOTD:

Headlamp and Reflective vest.  I had a red blinky, but it disappeared when the pup got ahold of my head light.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Easy 7ish miles today. Still feeling something in my left thigh from the half Saturday. Doesn't bother me while running, but I can feel it when walking.

qotd: The only visibility gear I have is an orange hat and vest on runs where there may be hunters. I'd like to try running some trails at night, but my local trail network closes the gate 1.5 hours after sunset.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Wandering Wally

Happy Monday everyone!  I'm resting today.

QOTD - Reflective vest, bright colored hat, headlamp with a blinky clipped to the back.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LB2

Five miles this evening. I was going to do a longish trail run, but I have a waste of time meeting at 4 today. I'll get the five on the road and at the park, or just get five in the woods if I get out of the meeting quickly...

QOTD: Just whatever is on my shorts.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Does anyone know how to mark "trail" on their running log on RA training logs? I notice some people have that as an option.  Mine only have run, bike or swim.  Hmmm....

My favorite day of the week is RUNday