Trailer Trash

Soppy Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

The pooch and I had a nice 5 mile trail run in the rain and fog. It was a warm 40 F.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Taper madness gripped the local running gang today.  Since we're doing less miles during the week, this morning we did 10 mi at an 8:15 pace, but it felt so easy.  Helped that the weather was perfect.  We're supposed to hit 71 sunny degrees later today.

qotd: What book are you currently ready?  And, do you read 'real' books or electronic?

I'm currently reading 'Heavy Peace' - Neil Young.  It's ok as far as biographies go.  Yes it's a 'real book' (paperback), I haven't gone over to electronic books yet, I think I spend too much time in front of a screen at work.

tbd.

runtraildc

Morning all!  DS and I ran a 4 mile, low-key race put on by our local running club.  Forgive me, it was a road race, but I'm realizing I need these occasionally for speed (I am really slow, and running only trails makes me even slower).  It was a  foggy, cold and wet run.   I pushed myself and it felt good when it was done.

qotd: I'm reading 'the Round House' by Louise Erdrich, one of my favorite authors.  I'm old school-- real books, mostly picked up at our thrift store or library book store.  Both have great selections and I rarely buy a book 'new'.

QOTD: About to start "One Summer : America 1927 "and just finished "The Shipping News" and before that "The Ocean at the End of the Lane".  These three are all audio books.  I like to "read" while driving so audio books are the only answer.  When I actually read rather than listen to books it is usually on my Kindle.  I don't remember when I last read a paper book.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Plan on 6 sloppy rainy miles after work.

QOTD I'me not reading anything now, but when I do I usually go get a book from the library.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

11.4 trail miles today:  58*F so I wore a t-shirt.

6.3 with HATR around Mercer park, lots of mud and puddles from yesterdays rain,  with a few subsurface ice patches.

5.1 by myself afterwards; more mud and bigger puddles... and it resumed raining.

It was pretty sloppy, but fun nevertheless.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Chnaiur

SRD after a tough training week.

QOTD: A lot of them!

In the history department, I'm going back and forth between:

The Diary of Joseph Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister

The Diary of Alan Brooke - C in C of UK forces in WWII

The Brothers: John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles, and their secret world war

Last night I finished "The Legend of Drizzt", a really epic fantasy tome. It was awesome!

Tromper: What did you think about "The Ocean at the end of the Lane". I really loved how it ended, but it felt more like a long short-story than a novel.

Sandy: I can't help myself, but I have to pitch reading devices because I love them. I can read in the dark, I pick up where I left off reading on my phone if I'm stuck in a queue, I can sweat on it, and it doesn't close when you read while eating.

Also, with the real estate prices in SF, the cost of the floor-space for a bookshelf is several thousand dollars. So storing a paper book is $10-20...

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Tromper: What did you think about "The Ocean at the end of the Lane". I really loved how it ended, but it felt more like a long short-story than a novel.

I loved it.  It was my favorite Neil Gaiman book.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

I'm finally drying out after 7 miles on the road during a nice downpour.  Was light drizzle when I started, then about 2 miles in the skies opened up.  Got 3 honks today ~ not sure it they thought I was in their way or they thought I was a stupid.

QOTD:  I was slow convert, but now I'm a Kindle lover, mostly because of the convenience and I love being able to go to a book on my phone's Kindle App.  Right now, I'm reading Mitch Albom's latest, The First Phone Call From Heaven.  Just finished Grisham's, Sycamore Row and before that And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

DNF'd my 50k today. That shit is bound to happen on occasion.

QOTD: I'm reading Allegiant right now which is the 3rd book in a series. I always read "real" books. I just love owning them.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Evening all,

I did 15 in the slop today.  LIke Jbyram it was 58 degrees so I wore shorts comfortably.  It was icy, muddy, foggy, and rainy so I was slip sliding my way through it.  Saw a bald eagle and some other large birds of prey.  The Hudson is still iced over so wind coming off of that was much colder than ambient air.  I wussed out of going through the boulder field because the first 3 steps (only ones I could see) were ice covered rocks.  Nobody was in the park today except for a fellow who was carrying a very large backpack and looked like he'd been out for a few months at least.

QOTD: Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey.  Probably my 4-5th time through it.  Paperback.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got in an hour run in this afternoon- started out breezy, a little sun and 50 degrees- finished 33 degrees and a whiteout blizzard!  old Montana saying "if you don't like the weather, just wait ten minutes" Smile

I was supposed to run a 50k Fat Ass this morning, I'm still fighting a chest/coughing up crap illness and w/ the high winds and high probability of rain and/or snow thought it would be prudent to pass

am now thinking I'm a smart SOB Big grin

qotd: reading Mud, Sweat and Tears (recommended by someone on this site)- good read thus far; I don't think I've read a book on a kindle or tablet

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √