Trailer Trash

I was attacked by... (Read 74 times)

Messenjah

...a redwing black bird. The damn thing followed me for nearly 3 miles before it flew off. I thought I was in a recreation of "The Birds". It dive bombed me 4 times. It was crazy!!!

Have any of you been attacked by birds, bears, bees, wild turkey (the drink or the bird), etc???

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

No, mostly it is my dog who is doing the attacking. She got into a fight with a woodchuck the other day.  That damn thing was really scrappy.

Running is dumb.

some call me Tim

Last summer I made the mistake of chasing a wounded raven out of the path as I ran loops on the short trail at home. How was I supposed to know that they identify 'danger people' for life? The rest of the summer I was yelled at and divebombed by his buddies... not sure if they've moved on or what, but it's been pretty quiet this year.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

a redwing blackbird, too, on a recent run. These birds are very territorial. It divebombed me twice, and chased me for about half a mile.

But looking at Messenjah's report, I seem to have gotten away easily!

Run for fun.

Messenjah

I honestly was having a great run. Temps were nice and cool, my pace and hydration were good. I had hit my turn around and was on my way back home and mentally it jacked me up. It slowed my pace waaaaaaaay down and forced me to walk quite a bit because I was trying to protect my head.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I was chased by cows in CA, twice. I managed to get away though.

AT-runner

Tim

Once, I had a very spirited wild pony follow me on Assateague Island, VA.  If I stopped, it stopped.

Also had a very large pig chase me...Oh wait, that was a Pink Floyd concert...never mind.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Also had a very large pig chase me...Oh wait, that was a Pink Floyd concert...never mind.

Same damn thing happened to me at a Grateful Dead show with a dancing bear.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Even the geese don't bother me. It's only the drivers on the roads that are a problem, so I try to stay off the roads.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Once while running in a park I had an owl drop a dead raven on the trail right in front of me. It made a nice "splat" when it hit the ground. I always thought that the owl was taking a shot across my bow as a warning that that I was in "his/her section of the woods".

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

When I was in Japan in the Marine Corps, I used to take a loop to get to work that had me cross beneath an awning on a building. I had some sort of psycho bird start dive bombing me similar to your description, Messenjah. It was crazy.

In 2010, I did break my shoulder wrestling with a wild turkey that I had shot. But, I guess I had that coming. It was pretty comical for everyone but the turkey and me. He was shot, and I had a broken shoulder, which required surgery and physical therapy. I suspect he died from his wounds, but he may have made it. It is doubtful, though.

LB2

Gumby66

not really attacked but started by a bat right in the face. Hazard of night running. The light attracts the moths, the moths attract the bats

I was also scared by a baby possum in the middle of the trail on a recent night run, a wild turkey a while ago. I am possibly too jumpy on night runs Smile

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Deer flies....enough said.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

A couple of years ago I was running along the American River trail when a squirrel jumped (or fell) out of a tree hit my shoulder and started to run circles around and between my feet as we danced along the trail.  Had a nice spike on the heart rate monitor.

Daydreamer1

Deer flies....enough said.

They waged all out war on me today. I think I was attacked by several Brigades. It was a running battle and I lost.