Trailer Trash

Terrible Tuesdailies (Read 31 times)

Daydreamer1

Disclaimer, It's not really terrible today, I'm just feeling a little stressed out. DS bought another car several weeks ago and it left him sit for the second time . Since I happen to be off work I'm sitting here waiting for the tow truck to come. In addition to that DD finally had a interview last week for a better job and is anxiously awaiting to hear if she gets hired. I'm a little stressed out about that as well because when her current employer found out she had the interview they started picking at her job performance.  Before this it was OK but I guess they don't want her to leave even though they don't really have much to offer her.  So it's not really terrible today, just feeling a little stressed out but "terrible" rhymes with Tuesday far better then "stressful" does .

Oh yea, planning on an easy 7.4 mile loop on the roads later today.

QOTD:  Lets hear about any vehicle problems you've had throughout the years. Any lemons or just a frustrating vehicle that you had to put a lot of time and money into.  Or maybe you've had one that just won't die.

LB2

I ran a nice 6 this morning.

QOTD: I have had pretty good luck with vehicles, for the most part. I drive a 2001 Mazda B3000. This truck has been like the Millennium Falcon with force fields up. It has been plowed into by my former boss, my wife, and a deer. My bosses' van had damage, but the truck was fine. My wife's vehicle had about $3000 in damage to her front end, not a scratch on the truck. I thought the deer was going to put an end to my streak of good luck, but  somehow, his head hit the front fender and he just skipped along the passenger side of the truck and back into the ditch. I barely had a scratch. The odometer stopped working several years ago, but I don't go very fast or far in it anyway. I use it for work and hunting and a race if it is close to home.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I like the title since I felt terrible today. Ran 12.5 with a buddy and had to walk it in due to stomach problems.  I feel like I did Sunday, when I didn't run, so must be fighting something.  Wen't through my whole water supply (2L) and drank 20oz on the way home and I was down 5 lbs from this morning. 80 degrees with 85% humidity.  Now temp is dropping and so is humidity as storms are rolling in.

Hey, where is Lace been? Did I miss something?

QOTD:  Been really lucky with my cars, but we had a problem 3 years ago when lightning struck a tree in our front yard and messed up the electrical system in 3 cars (plus 3 TV's, cab;e boxes, PlayStation, etc.). It was a pretty funny sight seeing DW's being hooked up to a toe truck and DD#2 and DS's cars being put on a car carrier. Neighbors must have thought the repo man was after us.  My car was fine. 2 cars fixed pretty easily with new sensors but one car needed total wire harnesses and multiple sensors and took 6 weeks to sort out.  We sold that car as soon as we got it back since it should have been totaled but the insurance company fought doing that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

8.3 humid miles on the rail trail.

QOTD I  have an 06 Acura MDX with 130,000 miles on it.  The alternator went bad a few years ago but that was covered under the warranty and when they fixed that they called me up and said the starter is going bad so they will just replace that under warranty also.  When we had some flooding a few years ago I drove through some water that I shouldn't have, and I always wondered if those problems came from that? But so far it's a great car (knock on wood)!

AT-runner

Tim

8.3 humid miles on the rail trail.

Which rail trail?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Cycling today (hopefully) .... ran about 5 on the easy horse trails yesterday. Almost bagged it in the driveway my ankle felt so awful but then I switched shoes and it loosened up on the run. Slow, steady progress hopefully.

QOTD: My Mini was great for about six years but then the repairs started mounting so I traded it in. Leasing a car for the first time since it is a plug-in hybrid (basically an electric car with a range extender) and my commute is not far. I have about 3400 miles on it since late March, 96% have been all electric. I think I have spent less than $10 on gas and about the same on electricity since I just use the outlet and it is included where we live. By the time the lease is up the car will be out of date Smile

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran a shade under 4 miles last night in the hood.  It was pleasant out but I started feeling the humidity coming back....and it's back in full force today.  I will try and get out tonight...maybe even go to the gym and run.  Not sure yet.

QOTD: Things have been pretty good on our current vehicles (knock on wood) but I haven't always had good luck. I had two transmissions that needed rebuilt.  The first was in my Ford Probe.  I loved that car.  It was my first all-on-my-own car purchase.  If you remember the probe, you might wonder how someone 6'4" fit in it.  I did but had to lean the seat way back so my head did not hit the ceiling.  I later had to have the transmission rebuilt in a used Honda Passport I bought.  It was not a smart purchase. Currently we have a mini van for obvious reasons and I drive a Kia Sportage.  Both work well.  As long as I am not sinking much money into them, I am good.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 or 10 up and down the mountain.

Got yelled at by construction workers when on my way back, I tried to cross a closed (and taken down) bridge (I had scrambled across it on the way out, so hey, where's the problem).

I came across a group of through hikers on the Midstate Trail, a few adults and some kids. They were amazed (and I thought they were amazing!), and they clapped for me when I was passing them again on my way down. I felt like I was on the final stretch of a 100-miler!

QOTD: I've had good luck with cars for the most part. Only troublemaker was a very old car, 17 or so years old already when we bought it for $1,000. I usually buy only 1-year-olds, but at the time, I did not have the money. We dumped on average $500 into it every month on repairs for two years, before I killed it on a longer highway drive.

Then I could convince DH to get a new car, and it turned out to be a lot cheaper each month than the old one was.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

8 miles last night for the Lady and I out at French Creek. Nice evening. Abnormally cool for early August. Rain and humidity today. It's thundering right now. I suspect we will be dodging storms tonight or perhaps they will have already worked their way through in the next hour or two.

QOTD: Pretty good luck with cars lately. Last real clunker, and it was bought new was a VW Jetta V6. Car ran great and was super quick but it was always in the shop for little things (power windows stuck for example) that were very annoying even though it was getting fixed under warranty. After a few years we sold it to my nephew at a deep discount. He ran the shit out of it as he was starting to get into off road/dirt track racing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

I think I have spent less than $10 on gas

Ok, you really need to get rid of that darn car !!!  I just picked up a few shares of ExxonMobil stock and need to see the price increase. Ain't going to happen if you're  spending less then 1 cent a mile on gas  .

The worst vehicle I ever had was the first truck I bought when I got into the trucking business. Anything that could go wrong with it did. Once I was coming back from North Carolina and blew out two tires in southern VA.  I had one spare and not enough money for a new tire. The truck stop sold me a used tire. The problem was that they put on a junk tire when I wasn't looking. I left there with about 22 cents in my pocket. Just north of Richmond the tire went flat and I didn't notice. The tire along side of it got hot and blew out. I was about 1/2 mile from a rest stop so I nursed it into there. Now I'm sitting along the road with no money, the checkbook is empty, no credit cards. This was the days before cell phones so I was fortunate to have a calling card to use the phone. My brother was able to borrow some money, pick up two new tires and head down to get me but it would be the next morning until he could arrive. So I'm sleeping in the truck and about midnight there was a knock on the door. I figured it was the Po Po wanting to yell at me for parking so long. Nope, it was a "lady of the evening" offering her services . Offered to make me feel a lot better .  I had to convince her that I had no money as she just wouldn't believe me.  Based on her looks she would have needed to bring a couple of six packs of beer then paid me .  At the time it wasn't funny at all, now looking back, it's hilarious.

LB2

Hey, where is Lace been? Did I miss something?

He's ok. He is getting ready for Leadville. I think that is the 22nd... I don't remember.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran this morning by my mileage is a joke...probably a little over 4.  In the woods, with the mutts. I have no idea why my words are so little toaday...maybe to match my mileage.

QOTD:  This questions scares me as my jeep has been going strong for 8 years now.  We had a Ford 250 big old truck..  It surged or at least made surging noises when we were towing and going up hill.  We took it all the way to the lemon law board except my husband felt he hand enough written evidence to win his case.  Well they had us get in the truck and go up a hill.  So since we had no trailer it worked fine.  I don't know what he was thinking not bringing the trailer!!! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD1: Love your stories! One good thing about getting older is that our life's experiences look much funnier in hindsight!

Run for fun.

Watoni

He's ok. He is getting ready for Leadville. I think that is the 22nd... I don't remember.

It is the 22nd .... still on my calendar even though I had to roll over my entry to next year (hopefully I am healthy by then)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

just got back to civilization , spent the last two days up at Windy Pass with DW and DGS- we reserved the Forest Service Cabin, about a 3 mile hike.  this is the same cabin that serves as the only aid station in the Devils Backbone that NH and I did earlier.  got a nice 5 mile run in last night, DW and DGS were tuckered after a hiking in and then exploring up and around the pass.

qotd- only one real lemon (knock on wood) a 82 Subaru wagon- an otherwise normally indestructible vehicle- bought used w/ about 36K on it (just out of warranty of course), clutch went out in short order- no biggie, then a couple of cv joints- hmmm, then the timing chain went and killed the engine:  bye-bye

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √