Trailer Trash

Goat Run (Read 46 times)

Uh oh... now what?

This past Saturday's trail marathon -- one that should become a regular in the PNW...

http://rungentlyoutthere.com/goat-run/

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks for sharing, John.

I like the hat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Good story. My last big race this year was a paper form inserted into an envelope with a hand written check. These are few and far between these days. Nice photo at the end. The words sufficed for the rest of it. Thanks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, John, another great race, and great report. Congrats on beating your goal time by quite a bit!

This is true trail running: in case of doubt, it's always uphill!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's nice to read a race report from you, John.  Sounds like you finished well under 6:30.

I love the photo at the end.

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on the race John.  Enjoyable read.  Glad you weren't smiling at the goats longingly .  Oh, for what its worth, I make 10 days the cutoff line for the last long run...it doesn't seem like it, but do you think that had a negative effect on your race day?

**Ask me about streaking**

Uh oh... now what?

Congrats on the race John.  Enjoyable read.  Glad you weren't smiling at the goats longingly .  Oh, for what its worth, I make 10 days the cutoff line for the last long run...it doesn't seem like it, but do you think that had a negative effect on your race day?

Good question, James -- Yes I do, but not in a major sort of way--there were a bunch of other "minor" contributors.  I normally use a two-week taper, but the last longish run is what I usually think of as a medium-length run (should have been about three hours instead of 5½Wink.  I lacked the confidence that was there in years gone by.  The park job was more physical this year (worked Friday before the marathon).  I could not do my 5-day running cycle--tried to bike to/from work to regain some lost running.  We live in a puzzle of what should I (we) be able to do at this age (I am 72).  bbbyyy... On the way home we decided it was probably a pretty good run, more challenging (heat and hills) than I recognized while out there; very glad I did it.

runtraildc

John-- it's good to hear from you and thanks for sharing your race report!   And with such a good ending.

AT-runner

Tim

Here's an action photo, proving he still runs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes thank you for sharing.  It was a pleasure to read.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Thanks for sharing. I love the way you write.

I looked at the race web site. Those trails look wonderful and you can tell a lot of work has been done on them to keep them nice.

Thanks for sharing, John. I enjoyed reading your time frames for tapering, etc - some of the same thought processes I've used, so your report makes me feel like my thinking is reasonable.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                          Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice John...thanks for sharing..glad you came moving past the 13.1...and you had people running behind you ..so nice that you have someone to lean on in the end.

Congratulations.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Great run, report and photo!!!  Thanks.

It's also great to hear from you again.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very nice read- thank you and congratulations on a solid finish; funny how much of long distance running is a mental game

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √