Trailer Trash

Parade Tuesdaily (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Halloween Parade is tonight. I've been recruited to walk along with DW's work and throw candy for 2 miles. Cross training day!

Waiting for frost to lift and I'll head to the mountains for 10-12 solo miles. One of those days where I'm not sure what trail section I'll be going yet.  I'll just wing it and go where my mind takes me.

QOTD:  Dressing up for any Halloween activities?  I'll be dressed as something tonight and we're going to a brew pub Saturday after we give out candy. DW's mom had made us several costumes over the years, and my go-to one is always Fred Flintstone. I even wore the costume for Ghouls and Fool night race a few years ago.  Donald Duck is a winner too.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Since yesterday was short run and strength training day, I joined in and went to the gym last night for both.  My run was strange though.  I had a periodic numb feeling in my left leg.  I tweaked my back last week so I wonder if it has something to do with that.

AT - don't throw your shoulder out!

QOTD: My office always does Halloween activities the last Friday of October.  I normally don't care to partake in dressing up.  This year though, I am going as the invisible man (by taking off of work).  Halloween is not my favorite.  It comes and goes each year without much thought on my part.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not sure if a professional organizer lady will be coming to my house this morning or not. Helping with getting things stuffed in the house so that it doesn't look too messy. 

If not, I'll be out for a run soon. I'll have to get used to the lower temps. Funny thing, while I am running, it does not bother me, but just the thought of running in frosted leaves makes me shiver.

AT: Upper body/core workout!

Jamie: Might be the back. Keep an eye on it. I had such a feeling recently on a run, and for several miles I was afraid the leg would just give out, and I'd fall flat on my face, unable to do anything about it. Scary.

QOTD: We used to dress up at work for Halloween, or at least the "Mini Monster March", when there's a treasure hunt in the store, but since last year, the new store manager has banned it. 

So I'll only dress up for Trick or Treat Night on Thursday. Probably be Slappy the Dummy - hoping the kids won't run away from my house screaming, like last year (I had dressed up in a roaring lion's head mask, that did not go over so well when I opened the door...). 

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Got up at 4a.m. and went outside with the dog to pee(don't judge) and it was snowing lightly. When I got up for good at 7 it was nice out and no sign of any snow. Hmm, must have been dreaming I guess.  I'll be heading out for a run shortly, hopefully of about 8 or so on some hilly, twisty mountain bike trails. Should be a little gooey after an all day rain yesterday.  So I did a nice run of a little over an hour in the rain and slop yesterday. Got a little wet and chilled just a bit but overall a nice run. There really is seldom a bad run.

QOTD- No activities planned and we will all be up here next weekend.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all..

Good run last night at Monocacy Hill. The colors in the woods there were some of the best I've seen this year. There is one particular section on the creek trail that is a bright yellow tunnel. LadyB saw her boyfriend and male spitting image, Hunter the gsp, and well it was just a perfect fall night. I had plans last night to jog/slog/hike up to viewpoint and I tried to time it with the sunset. So I had some nice tempo thrown in there for a mile or two to race the sunset. I did beat it by 5-10 minutes, and stood up on the open hill top just sort of soaking it all in and thinking about some things. Once it set, the Lady and I ran down the easier side after a bit of rock hopping.

I plan to do a few road miles at lunch. Probably into town and back, then take the dogs out for a woods walk tonight with the missus.

QOTD: No Halloween plans here other than handing out candy. Maybe I should dress up but I never do.

Harrier - All day rain forecast here tomorrow. Means the fall leaf peepers will be off the trails. I agree with you.. no run is a bad run and those wet muddy slogs are a lot of fun.

Couch - Happy organizing. I don't know how it happens but we have basement full of junk.

Jamie - Weird about the numbness. Probably nothing.

AT - Enjoy your 12 today.. it's a nice day for it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

It's full moon tonight so there was a night run being planned. However, since it looks like it's going to be cloudy I'll probably go this afternoon. Planning on 7.4 miles. Maybe a few more if DW wants to go for a walk.

QOTD:  Nope. Not a big Halloween person myself.  There was one year I kept asking my one boss if I could dress up as the Grim Reaper for work.  He would just look at me and  shake his head .

muppy

6.7 miles around the bay and beach in Ocean City MD.

QOTD I used to get dressed up in full clown outfit and take my son out trick or treating. Now it's just another day.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey!  No run so far but do have stuff for possible lunch time run.  I've been at the coast last 4 days and since the tide was high I only got in one run.

QOTD:  Nope..but I do like Jamie's idea.  We do not get any tricker treaters here.  Just another day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Running after work, possibly swimming. Either way, I intend to get out there. I was having a nice run yesterday evening when my neighbor who rarely talks stops on the gravel road and proceeds to discuss several topics ranging from squirrel dogs, to the governor's race, to New Orleans prostitutes (Actually, that last one is related to the governor's race). A very good friend of mine is actually in the run off for Governor, and he will most likely win. If so, this will be the first governor I ever knew long before he was the governor. I've had some conversations with Bobby Jindal while he was running and after he was elected, not that I could ever get a word in edge-wise. I don't like him, never voted for him, never will.

QOTD: No. I may dress up like a bum for trick or treating.

LB2

moonlightrunner

I am waiting to find out if I will be able to run after work. DD has not told me where and what time for the kids brought my clothes just in case I get lucky. I have one sick grandchild so I can't take them in the stroller today.

Couch: why are you having someone come in to organize? Are you putting your house on the market?

Qotd: no, I won't dress up but I expect the babies will be! This will be their first time trick or treating. I hope the weather is good.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to get a 5-6-ish mile run in later (little wet, cool and dreary at the moment)

qotd: my DW is headed over to our DD house to help take grandkids out trick and treating, she's going as Beetle Juice.  I've dressed up for Halloween exactly once in the last 40 years- a couple of years ago my wife talked me into putting on a blonde Farrah Fawcett like wig she had in her bag of costume stuff and got me a size 20+-ish cocktail dress at the second hand store- still replete with big, dark mustache!  She got a big kick out of it, but I have to tell you the little kids that came trick or treating didn't like it a bit- the looks I got were priceless!; I think I scared them more going to the door than if I was in a full out Jason costume and armed with a chain saw 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Think I was shy of 12. One trail I used seemed shorter than I remember; or maybe I was just faster; no, definitely shorter.

The leaves have disguised the AT to make it look like it's has less rocks. It was a "watch your footing" run for sure.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Wow. Nice picture, AT.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

going to get a 5-6-ish mile run in later (little wet, cool and dreary at the moment)

qotd: my DW is headed over to our DD house to help take grandkids out trick and treating, she's going as Beetle Juice.  I've dressed up for Halloween exactly once in the last 40 years- a couple of years ago my wife talked me into putting on a blonde Farrah Fawcett like wig she had in her bag of costume stuff and got me a size 20+-ish cocktail dress at the second hand store- still replete with big, dark mustache!  She got a big kick out of it, but I have to tell you the little kids that came trick or treating didn't like it a bit- the looks I got were priceless!; I think I scared them more going to the door than if I was in a full out Jason costume and armed with a chain saw 

I think I might actually pay to see a picture of that.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7+ in the leaves, over the hill. It was fun, but a bit cold with all the wind on the "far" side of the mountain.

I saw a porcupine cross the trail, cutest thing ever. He turned around and looked at me, then just waddled on up the hill.

Harrier: I am almost sure I saw some flurries on my run today, too, at the higher elevation (at a whopping 2,400+ feet, take that!).

Taper: Jealous of your colors. I always read "Monocacy Hill" on a sign when I drive down the interstate to my in-laws, and always wondered if I should stop there one day for a run.

DD1: Love your sense of humor!

Muppy: Ocean City sounds good. Beach run sounds even better.

Queen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppYgrdJ0pWk

LB2: I read your first sentence as "Rainworm, possibly swimming", and thought what a fun costume that was. 

moonlight: No, the junk has gotten a bit much over the years. When I used to move every 3 years or less, somehow I never had that problem. 

warden: picture?  The dreary day is much less dreary once you are out and running!

AT: The AT is just fine with the leaf cover, I'm sure, it's the same with our Midstate Trail here. Almost like snow. Only difference is, while the snow actually evens out the rocky terrain, the leaves only make you think it's fine running because you don't see what's lurking underneath. 

"Watch your footing", or "Guess what's underneath" describe it pretty well.

Run for fun.