Trailer Trash

Mundane Mondaily (Read 33 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Welcome to your week! It is Monday and if it starts your work week, I am sorry.  I ran 5 miles this morning.  Nothing spectacular.

QOTD: Do you have any bad habits? (running or otherwise)

I bite my nails and pick them.  I can't remember ever not doing it.  Running wise I have a bad habit of not letting DW know where I am running for LRs.  NOT a good idea.  I did this on Saturday and she wasn't too happy.  Oops! We live and we learn.

Have a great day.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Irish Luck

Headed out for 5 fast miles in a bit.

QOTD: Yes. Interrupting my husband. It's TERRIBLE and rude. I am always working on it.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy monday!

I've gotta start running again.  I think I'm there mentally, just need to put the shoes on and get back to work this week.  My fall lineup is falling into place and now is the time to prepare.  Fall lineup is looking like this:

August 11 - Flat Rock Brook 5k

September 1 - Run the Reservoir 1/2 Marathon (mostly streets)

September 28 - Mountain Madness 50k

November 16th and 17th - The "Bucky" (Bucks county 1/2 marathon sat, full marathon sun)

Looks like I could use something in October...suggestions? (NY/NJ/PA areas)

QOTD: I am still a smoker to some extent.  I smoke at least 2 small filtered cigars everyday (for practical purposes, they are cigarettes)...terrible.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Rest day today. I had some pain in my left groin yesterday, probably from the lots of ups and downs, so I decided to give it a break today, before it becomes an issue. Seems the pain is gone now, but better be safe than sorry.

Beautiful day outside, though, and temps are a bit lower - very tempting. Undecided

Jamie: Nice morning run! Seems you are getting back into the groove!

erbur: Just yesterday, I was wondering why nobody is posting "tempo runs" in the summer, but you are proving me wrong! Go for it!

zilla: Hope your run will be happy. Fall plan sounds good. What distance are your looking for in October?

QOTD: None. I'm perfect. I guess thinking that is my bad habit. Black eye

Run for fun.

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I went to see Phish in Saratoga Springs, NY, and camped up there from Thurs-Sun. Needless to say, the office is a shock to the system today.

Today marks day 1 of my 50 miler training! I am planning 4-5 miles tonight before my frisbee game.

QOTD: Worst habit - I am a world class level procrastinator, which is a lot of the reason I spend so much time posting here! (Plus the wonderful folks...)  I also drink too much.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

zilla: Hope your run will be happy. Fall plan sounds good. What distance are your looking for in October?

Oh boy...something marathon or longer.  I like single loops or point to point setups, something with some character.  Nothing big (less than 200 ppl).  All of that stuff is negotiable.  I know PA has Green Monster 50k?  I might look into that...also kinda toying with the idea of maybe considering starting to think about possibly looking at 50 milers.  Let's just say, if there were to be a 50 miler that looks like a good fit for me I wouldn't rule it out.

I also wouldn't rule out a timed event, but that's not a preference at all.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy monday!

I've gotta start running again.  I think I'm there mentally, just need to put the shoes on and get back to work this week.  My fall lineup is falling into place and now is the time to prepare.  Fall lineup is looking like this:

Looks like I could use something in October...suggestions? (NY/NJ/PA areas)

QOTD: I am still a smoker to some extent.  I smoke at least 2 small filtered cigars everyday (for practical purposes, they are cigarettes)...terrible.

This is sure overkill but here's a list of some races in PA and MD in October.  Some probably not really practical for you due to distance and time between your Sept 28th 50k.  But take a look.

October

Mile Run Trail Half Marathon Reverse course - Mile Run, PA https://sites.google.com/site/pinecreekchallengepa/

Ghouls n Fools 6.5 miles (night run) - Reading, PA http://pretzelcitysports.com/ghoulsandfools.html

HARRC in the Park 15k - Lewisberry, PA Pinchot Park http://usroadrunning.com/index.php?club_id=1071

Rock'n the Knob 5 miler and 30k - Blue Know State Park http://www.alleghenytrailrunners.com/rockn-the-knob/

The Green Monster 25k & 50k - Wellsboro, PA http://www.greenmonster-trailchallenge.com/

Blues Cruise 50k - near Reading, PA http://bluescruiseultra.com/

Oil Creek 50k, 100k, 100 miler Northwest PA http://www.oc100.org/Home

Tussey Mountainback 50 miler - State College, PA http://www.tusseymountainback.com/

Quad State Buster 45 miler - PA, MD, WV, VA http://www.vhtrc.org/news/qsqb

Fire on the Mountain 50k - Flintstone, MD http://www.phdispatch.com/fire-on-the-mtn-50k-presented-by-sheetz/

West Virginia Trilogy 50k, 50 miler, half marathon (over 3 days) - West Virginia http://www.wvmtr.org/events/west-virginia-trilogy-table-of-contents/

Irish Luck

Oh boy...something marathon or longer.  I like single loops or point to point setups, something with some character.  Nothing big (less than 200 ppl).  All of that stuff is negotiable.  I know PA has Green Monster 50k?  I might look into that...also kinda toying with the idea of maybe considering starting to think about possibly looking at 50 milers.  Let's just say, if there were to be a 50 miler that looks like a good fit for me I wouldn't rule it out.

I also wouldn't rule out a timed event, but that's not a preference at all.

I think you'd appreciate Blues Cruise 50K. It's "just one lap around the lake." Held on the first Sun in October. Well supported, great aid stations. May be larger than 200, but not by much.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Ok...

Green monster 50k - too far away

Tussey 50 miler - not trail

Blues cruise 50k - too close to previous race

And

Quad buster 45 miler - probably not...seems like a "club" event"...also a long drive

...have all peaked my interest.  I appreciate any and all the input (past and future)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

URD- my last working day as a game warden, small party this evening- then continue to pack and clean for our move- oh the joy!

qotd: I used to chew Copenhagen (20 years or so Shocked), but quit about ten years ago- nasty habit that I'm glad is behind me; other than that nothing too much

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ok...

Green monster 50k

Tussey 50 miler

Blues cruise 50k

And

Quad buster 45 miler

...have all peaked my interest.  I appreciate any and all the input (past and future)

Considerable difference between Green Monster and Blues Cruise.  I don't know Green Monster first hand but it is in the same category as Hyner so lots of climbs and down hills and technical stuff.  Blues Cruise, in comparison, is a much easier course.  But BC is also a week after your 50k in Sept so you need to consider that as well.  Tussey 50 miler is not trail (FYI) but is a nice area to run.  And the quad buster - I have no clue about it.

Looks like you have a nice schedule for the fall.  And hope you can lace up the shoes here and get out to run.  I am slowly getting out of my funk.

runtraildc

Morning all!

coming off a few days of URD-- just busy, but finally back home from NH.  Did get in some hilly runs, but the head and humidity exceeded DC's many of the days, so that was a challenge.  Today may be another rest day to get in some strength training after work.  Maybe I'll get in a short run before dusk, too.  We'll see how it goes.

qotd:  'bad habits' means those you want to get rid off, right?  In that case, I'll leave beer off the list..    Mine is sweets-- candy, cake, cookies, you get the idea.  Oh, and procrastinating (as Outlook reminds me of another deadline(.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Considerable difference between Green Monster and Blues Cruise.  I don't know Green Monster first hand but it is in the same category as Hyner so lots of climbs and down hills and technical stuff.  Blues Cruise, in comparison, is a much easier course.  But BC is also a week after your 50k in Sept so you need to consider that as well.  Tussey 50 miler is not trail (FYI) but is a nice area to run.  And the quad buster - I have no clue about it.

Looks like you have a nice schedule for the fall.  And hope you can lace up the shoes here and get out to run.  I am slowly getting out of my funk.

I appreciate the insight...modified my list accordingly.  I might end up doing nothing in October, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Part of the reason I posted my race lineup is to make it seem real to me to help me get out of the funk.  Glad to hear you are coming around with your funk...I can't say I've made any steps, but no time like the present!

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me today.  

QOTD:  I eat too much crap.  

And

Quad buster 45 miler

I've done a solo version of this before.  I had a run report on RWOL a few years back.  It's a Fat Ass, and they cancelled it 2 of the last 4 years due to logistics.  I think it's only open to 15 people.

T&C - Phish, I new you'd get along great with my oldest DD.  She goes to 3 to 4 Phish Phestivals per year.  If you every get out to Portland, OR, I'll set you two up.  (She drinks and runs trails).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  It's Monday--I don't run on Mondays.  I'll probably hit the pool after work today.

QOTD: I have a bad temper sometimes; does that count?  I guess it really isn't a habit, but it's something I wish I had better control over.