Trailer Trash

Finger Lakes 50s- 50 mile RR (Read 32 times)

Here's the recap.  It was a tough race, and I'm thrilled I was able to hang for the entire thing Smile

http://badmotherrunnerstales.blogspot.com/

Watoni

Great job! You do deserve an award for not swearing when the toe incident happened.

Oddly, I have only ridden in the Finger Lakes, and it is hilly!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good read just before leaving work.  Hey great job!  That heat and humidity were brutal on Saturday.  I struggled through 20 miles.  Not sure how you managed 50.  That comment from the "marathon woman" was stupid.  I agree with you.

So question of the day - have you decided on which 100 you'll do next year?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runner1304

Inspirational RR. Thanks for writing it. I'm glad you we're able to push through and get your 50 Mile finish.

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

DigDug2

Great run and great report, BMR.  Starting the third loop in that heat when you could have settled for an official 50K finish took a lot of toughness (as did going hiking the next day...).

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job on a hot humid day.  I would have told that women ,"feel free to stop at 26.2....bitch".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Good job enduring the heat and humidity.  Sounds like Marathon woman was looking for some attention. Or was she chewing out the person who talked her into signing up for the race? Either way it sounds annoying.

That's wonderful that your little guy got to run you in. Who cares if it cost you a few places, as long as it gets him excited about racing.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Big grin

Nice job on a hot humid day.  I would have told that women ,"feel free to stop at 26.2....bitch".

Nice Job Mother...the course sounds awful...fields, sun, mud.  Way to get'er done.  Good job about staying cool with the kids when you just wanted to shower and lay down.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good job!   Thanks for sharing your report....it was a great read.

Good read just before leaving work.  Hey great job!  That heat and humidity were brutal on Saturday.  I struggled through 20 miles.  Not sure how you managed 50.  That comment from the "marathon woman" was stupid.  I agree with you.

So question of the day - have you decided on which 100 you'll do next year?

That seems to be the question everyone is asking me.  I really did think about going large and aiming for Eastern States, but I don't know that I want the first attempt flirting with August weather.  I think it will probably be Oil Creek, due to my travel restrictions with the kids, but I am also scoping out a few others.  I am starting a new job that requires travel and a very specific timeline, so this will also have a bearing- I don't want to pick a race following a week of travel.

I really tried to behave- it wasn't easy.  I was feeling pretty snarky.

Good job enduring the heat and humidity.  Sounds like Marathon woman was looking for some attention. Or was she chewing out the person who talked her into signing up for the race? Either way it sounds annoying.

That's wonderful that your little guy got to run you in. Who cares if it cost you a few places, as long as it gets him excited about racing.

It was pretty funny running that last bit with him- I also had to give up my finisher award to him, because he kept asking where his award was.  At least he decided we could share it Big grin

Thanks everyone!  Even though it was a hard day to be out there, the volunteers and organizers were top-notch.  I may have to re-visit this one at some point!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Great job, congratulations!

Considering the heat and humidity, you were speedy fast! Kudos for enduring "marathon woman", I might have said something snappy. You will certainly get quite some Karma points awarded for that one, on top of keeping calm when DS popped your blister. Just don't let him become an EMT - yet. Wink

Run for fun.