Trailer Trash

Blustery Monday (Read 29 times)

AT-runner

Tim

9* with 14mph winds gusting to 25mph.  Usual SRD for me, but my running schedule is all thrown off this week, since I have a colonoscopy on Thursday, and have to do that lovely prep thing on Wednesday evening (TMI?).  Anyway, that means I'll run a few miles over lunch.  Not sure if I have the right clothes for all the wind, so might have to run on TM.

QOTD:  Do you have a favorite (2 legged) running partner?

Most of my runs are solo, but I've run with the same friend off and on for over 20 years. We run at least 2-3 times per month together and almost always a long run. Does help with motivation, but sometimes I really enjoy a long solo run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning trailers.  Haven't run (or done any strenuous exercise) since Thursday.  after getting worse, my hip seems better and I'll bet head out for an easy 3 or 4 miles later this morning.  It's for my family, if nothing else.  If I don't, I might end up either strangling someone or filing for divorce.

qotd:  I've got a couple of friends that I meet up with occasionally for run withe each bringing something different that I appreciate.  One friend pushes me on speed, the others tend to talk a lot, which I welcome because I also have a lot of quiet, solo runs.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Life is taking a toll on me. Too much to do, too little time. Trouble at work, undeservedly so. Maybe I'm getting old and slow, at least it feels like it. Anyways, weather is just as bad in my quarter of the world, at 9 degrees and a wind chill of -7. I might skip my run this morning and do some strength exercises instead.

AT: With the new medications, the prep thing is really not as bad. Just a few hours on the throne, make sure you have enough to read around. 

QOTD: I used to have my running buddy who was also pacing me in two 100-milers, before he dropped out for a long time due to injuries. Running with him was always fun, because we were almost exactly the same pace and skill level. Snowshoeing in winter, too. I miss his company and companionship. He has promised me to come back, though, to pace me in a 100-miler again this year!

Run for fun.

muppy

5.4 miles last night.

Tim, good luck on the colonoscopy!

QOTD Once in awhile I will run with someone, but for the most part it's by myself.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD Once in awhile I will run with someone, but for the most part it's by myself.

Let me know when you are coming to Gettysburg and we can hook up for a run on the Battlefield horsey trials.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I'm in Phoenix this morning, so I took advantage of dry trails. I logged 12 at South Mountain. It felt good to run in shorts and sweat again.

QOTD: I prefer to run alone.

Gator eye

Cold, cold, and more cold this morning. I did 6 on the treadmill.

QOTD: I always run alone. Haven't found anybody willing to run with my early morning schedule. It takes a special kind of stupid to wake up at 4 am every morning just to jog a few miles in the cold and snow.

muppy

Let me know when you are coming to Gettysburg and we can hook up for a run on the Battlefield horsey trials.

Will do, but it might be awhile, gotta get this sciatic nerve issue better.

Daydreamer1

Really, really chilly outside today. I could do without this cold weather or at least the wind.  Probably going to do a trainer and elliptical workout later this afternoon.  That's always a good sweat fest. That will be followed by some strength training.

Runtrail - How do I register for the Delaware Triple Crown race? I think it was you that had posted about that one. I went to the web site and can't figure out how to register.

QOTD: I almost always run alone. The only person I ever run with is DS and that's not very often.

XtremeTaper

Yes, blustery but still shorts weather. 19 degrees with a cold wind. I did get 8 miles in on a mix of road/trail from the house. Not too bad, other than the cold wind for the first 1/2 mile. After that I must have either warmed up, or accepted the fact it was winter and it suppose to be cold.

QOTD: I run 2 or 3 times a month with the famous angus from the trail dawgs. We used to run similar paces many moons ago but he progressed to the point of winning multiple races (50k, 50m, 100m even) but now he just runs for fun and puts up with my slow ass pace.

AT - I had that fun procedure back in 2014. They gave me prepopik or some such thing. The prep wasn't bad at all, other than I was hungry for some real food. Ah, the joys of getting old.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Wandering Wally

Hi all! Rest day today. Logged some miles on a rail trail both Saturday and Sunday. The city plows a stretch of it. On the rest the snowmobiles have packed down the snow enough that I can wog over it.

QOTD: No. I run alone and I like it that way. It's my stress relief time.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

runtraildc

I haven't been able to register yet because I haven't found a live link.  I was going to email the RD this week to ask about registration.  My assumption is that they haven't opened it yet, but it seems to be getting late.    If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

Runtrail - How do I register for the Delaware Triple Crown race? I think it was you that had posted about that one. I went to the web site and can't figure out how to register.

I am feeling pretty good now.  Still no running but I am at least walking without crutches.  Still on antibiotics and getting the wound repacked daily, but feeling pretty good.

QOTD: I much prefer 4 legged running partners for a regular running buddy.   They are always ready to go and not particular about where or how far you run.  I do like to run with my daughter once in a while though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been MIA the last week or so.  Super busy at work training my first minion! Doesn't look like it will get any easier coming up but I finally learned that I will be getting my own office,  I am so excited about that.  Last week was tough for running - just didn't get in the miles due to too much stuff going on.  I wanted to cut down the miles in January anyway (although not this much) to concentrate on strengthening my legs.  I did get out late afternoon today since I had the day off and hit the trails.  I knew the temps were in the teens but I was unprepared for the wind.  I was so under dressed.  I cut my run to 5 because I could not warm up.  I got a little scared at one point because I was so cold and the wind was relentless, but I was never more than 2.5 miles from the car.  It was still a good run despite the cold.  It is weird running on bare trails in such cold weather - finally I think we will have some snow coming this weekend! We'll see how much!

QOTD: I run along usually.  My running schedule is too wacky to try and coordinate with others.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

bagge_pants

We got snow so 2 hour night xc ski. First hour was making tracks, second hour riding them. Extremely relaxing and fun. 

QOTD: I don't even like running with myself half the time! No running partners but like occasional group runs with strangers.