Trailer Trash

Leadville 50 RR and a Special Appearance by Watoni (Read 50 times)

Occasional Runner

A much improved race experience from the previous 2 years that I attribute to living and training in the Wasatch. Looking forward to the going back next month for the 100.

Watoni ran an amazing race and it was really great to meet him and watch him finish. A job well done!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/07/leadville-silver-rush-50-another.html

Will run for scenery.

Hey lace_up,

Great race and a very nice report.  Nothing like a PR by an hour+.

I've run at Leadville twice now (Heavy Half last year, Marathon this year) and there's something so compelling about running there.  It's like the races and the molybdenum mine are the pillars of the town's existence, and folks only have so much enthusiasm for molybdenum.  My only gripe is the downgrade in beer : from Oskar Blues to Michelob - fail!

Again, congrats on a great race and thanks for the report.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Low_O2

Another great race Lace, congrats! You're really tearing it up this year. It'll be interesting to see how the 100 goes, seems like you are set up for a great finish.

I'll try to track you down at Speedgoat. I'll be there and can't wait to see what kind of suffering Meltzer can dish out!

Watoni

Lace (and Jo),

Great to meet you in person, and what an amazing race you had! I referenced it in my report, but yours really tells a great story.

All the best for the 100 (and beyond)!

Snowdenrun

Mt. Elbert was the first 14-er I climbed. That mountain holds a special "oh my god" factor in my heart. I followed my brother up this mountain so soon after knee surgery I didn't even have my orthopedic brace yet. But the views were well worth it!

Awesome PR! That's a huge chunk of time you cut off!

RabbitChaser

Great race and a great RR! Congrats on crushing your time from last year. It looks like a very beautiful course to run.

What a great race and report!  It sounds like a beautiful adventure- makes me want to get out there someday.

Sandy-2

Great job Kelly, sounds like you are ready for the 100.  See you there.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

That looks to be a new level...keep up the good work, thanks for the RR.

**Ask me about streaking**