Trailer Trash

Wise Wednesdaily (Read 49 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Rest or no rest today - decisions, decisions. Taper mode requires some time off, but it's just so nice outside. I'll try to stay strong!

Dentist appointment, at least something to look forward to... Undecided

QOTD: Comb, brush, polishing cloth - what do you use to tame your mane? Any condiments, like gel or mousse?

Me: A wide-toothed comb, and some spray gel usually do the trick.

Enjoy the day with the bump - ehm, hump, trailers!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good morning!

I have an early flight, so I'm going to use today as a rest day. I'm trying to recover as much as possible so I'm ready for my race this weekend. I think I have a great shot at doing well if my legs are as fresh as possible.

I'm headed to Philly and will run some of my old trails tomorrow, then rest again on Friday. Fly back to SLC and Jo will pick me up at the airport so we can head directly to Moab for the race.

QOTD: I keep my hair trimmed really short so I have no need for a comb or brush. But I do use a tiny dab of cream to control some of my hair because I have terrible cowlicks.

FTYC-Yay teeth! It may be too nice outside to pass up. Just go for a brisk walk on the trail.

Lace-I can't imagine traveling as much as you do. Have a safe trip. Enjoy the weather.

qotd: I am in the military so it is forever short! I don't really mind it. Wish I could have facial hair though.

Did some quick miles with the running club last night on a new trail. Super hot out but it was a good time. Got in some slow recovery miles this morning while it was still cool out. Everyone have a great day!

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Wednesday.  Ran for about 30 minutes yesterday and my lungs felt terrible.  This is my third time with pneumonia, and I'm never a good patient. At least now I know what smokers must feel like when they try to exercise.  Hope to go for long walk at lunch.

Couch - Sorry about the dentist.

Lace - Enjoy Philly. 

Tmotmo44 - New trail are always nice. 

QOTD:  Fingers.  I have 1/4" of hair on the sides and 3/4" of hair on top, so doesn't take much to get ready.

Have a great day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi all!  Got in a quick run this morning, just 35 minutes.  Ran into a friend on the trail so had company (in addition to grumpy DS).  Lots of short runs this week for me, it just seems to be happening that way.

qotd:  have lots of fine, stick straight hair so usually a brush.  Some condiments like mousse or gel to help keep it in line (and to look professional, when needed).  Reading other comments makes me wish that I could keep a man's military cut (would not be flattering)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning trail peeps!  An hour atthe gym with 25 minutes on the stair thingy.  I have getting to know this machine pretty well lately.  I think it's helping.

Couch - youhave bigger things to think about than Hyner.  Everything should have OB inmind so who needs a taper right?

lace - coming to PA just in time for some rain tonight and tomorrow.

AT - please take care of yourself.

dc and tmotmo - good morning runs, it seems we are quickly focusing to the "cooler" temps of morning rather than running in the heat of the day.  I said it yesterday but I wll say it again - what happen to spring?

QOTD: uh....I actually don't use a comb or brush very often.  Fingers are fine.  A little gel goes a long way.  Hair stays relatively short.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy Hump day trashers.

I went out for an easy 5 yesterday and had a blood sugar bonk, had a hard time

just getting 4 in. It seems my stress level is affecting my appetite, which effects

my energy level, which effects my running. Today I'm heading out for a 10 mile

trail loop to redeem myself and get my ass back on track!

Have fun at dentist, couch. Big grin

Lace: panties.

Tmo: I grew a beard when I retired, it didn't last but I just had to do it because I'm a dude!

AT: Hope you feel better soon.

run: Better short than nothing.

QOTD: After 20 years of strict grooming in the military I keep it short now too, a little gel 

sometimes to control the cowlicks. 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hey Jamie.

I bet all that stair climbing will help the quads get through Hyner.

Birdwell

morning folks! nothing yet this morning. I've been on call for the last two nights, and I've been called into work each night until 3 a.m.

Hooray for 8 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours Angry !

i may try to get some speed work in tonight,or I may just go to bed early.

QOTD: wide tooth comb and gel. I don't know why I still bother, its pretty short and starting to disappear.

Occasional Runner

lace - coming to PA just in time for some rain tonight and tomorrow.

I was just telling Jo that bad weather follows me everywhere I go. The weather at home gets nice as soon as I leave, it's shitty everywhere I go, and always turns bad right about the time my flight lands back at home. I can't catch a break.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all!

Hit the gym this morning for some strength training and stretching. Last night was one of those relaxing summer runs (yes I said summer run) on the hills of the HayCreek Watershed. It was mid 80's when we started. I like me some evening heat. I often call this the 10 minute water stop run as about every 10 minutes we come to a place where the pups are encouraged to stop and get a drink from the reservoirs or creeks. It's a most excellent run for the hot months for this reason despite a taxing uphill 2 mile finish. I'll do a short run this evening along the lake I think.

QOTD: My reverse mohawk requires virtually no maintenance. Not enough hair to bother with a comb.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hey Jamie.

I bet all that stair climbing will help the quads get through Hyner.

I am hoping so.  I noticed a difference on my last hilly long run so I believe it's been an added benefit - probably more so than adding miles for the sake of miles.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!   I'm a wee bit sore from last nights strength workout- 300 pushups, 300 situps, 300 squats and 60 pullups (broken into 10 sets of 30 (6 for pullups))-made it through 7 sets w/o any rest

I'll get 6 miles in this evening, have to decide if I want to fight the mud/snow or hit the dreamill- sadly leaning toward the dreadmill

qotd: not much, hair is on the short side- if it's sticking up I wet it down w/ water- pretty low maintenance Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I'm headed to Philly and will run some of my old trails tomorrow, then rest again on Friday. 

lace: Too bad you won't be around on Friday, I'm doing a 22 miler at Wissahickon that day. Though I have a feeling our paces would not match up Big grin

I meant to wake up at 5 this morning for a run but my snooze button had other plans. I'm heading out after work for 6-7 miles before heading down to the Phillies game. Hopefully the rain holds off for the game tonight!

QOTD:  To make my hair "work ready" it takes about an hour struggle with the flat iron. Otherwise, it's going in a bun or braids.

Low_O2

Morning all!

3.3 miles around the hood last night. Tapering down for my upcoming race. Ran at a comfortably hard effort(Is that considered a "Tempo"?) and ended up with a decent pace at the end. All systems seem to be a go except for that damn calf, which still seems off. Hope it holds together. Ended up ordering calf sleeves to try out, hopefully combined with some rolling and stretching I can get to the bottom of this calf issue. Thanks to everyone who gave input on that topic!

QOTD: My hair runs a cycle from relatively short to pretty shaggy. Never use more than my fingers and a good head shake to get things laying down somewhat orderly. Always tempted to just shave it off, but can never get myself to do it....