Trailer Trash

First Monday (Read 29 times)

runtraildc

Oh, the first Monday of the year, when everyone returns to work and school.  Resolutions are still fresh.  What else?   I'm heading to the gym shortly for some cross training and strength work (my 'resolution').  Got in 4.5 miles yesterday along the rail trail.  I'll admit, it was nice to just cruise along and not worry about roots, rocks and other stuff.  I also worked in some speed there, too.

Moonlight-- how did the real shoes work yesterday?

qotd:  Any exciting travel, races or life events coming up?  Me, nothing really.  Feels kind of  blah.  Spring break for the kiddos is rather long this year, but nothing is planned.  Might need to come up with something, maybe a camping trip to the smokies.  The ski forecast for our half of the country looks pretty bleak this year, so that is not tempting at all.

Have a good start to the week folks!

muppy

4.9 miles on the road yesterday.

QOTD  i'm trying to get healthy before I plan on any races. We're going to Florida for a week on Wednesday.  It will be my first time flying so I hope I don't meet a fiery death!

Occasional Runner

I have a miserable cold and want to die...

I went for a walk this morning, just to clear my head. It didn't work.

QOTD: Heading to St. Croix in a couple of weeks for a 50 mile trail race. That should be fun.

AT-runner

Tim

8 mile hill run yesterday. 4 miles up and 4 miles down. My legs were feeling a bit stale from 4 days in a row.  SRD today.

NHLA - sorry to hear about your MIL.

Moon - agree screw shoes are way to go. Good luck with wearing shoes. You might be able to wear some of those slip on studs that they make for dress shoes with your water shoes. They wouldn't poke you as much as the chains.

QOTD:  Nothing until we go to out timeshare on Hilton Head Island the 3rd week in March.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Great way to start the year.  Sickness (stomach virus) shot through our house over the last 10 days.  I was lucky enough to partake .  Feeling better today and will try and get our for something tonight.  I ended 2015 well and now three days off in 2016.  Yipeee!

muppy - it will be ok, I think.  Just kidding. Have any drugs to help you relax? Wait, going to Fla - you'll only be in the air 2 hours.  Just close your eyes, think about running a nice trail and you'll be there before you know it.

lace - that sucks.  DS 1 has been holding on to congestion for a couple weeks.

QOTD: No races or trips in the immediate future.  I do need to really get serious about my dissertation though otherwise I will be taking a trip - a not so good one.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

5 after work.

QOTD: My only interesting trip will be to Silverton, CO. in July.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: My only interesting trip will be to Silverton, CO. in July.

Free PBR's?

Muppy - good luck flying.

Kelly and Jamie - hope everyone is better soon

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Going to do some speedwork with Sandy this afternoon. I was so sore wed after speedwork Ithink I need to do it more often.

Thanks for the sympathy. MIL has no mind but strong as an Ox. Played tennis in MS heat every day.

qotd  it is hard to leave Hendersonville NC. When I go to FL. I just want to come home but DW likes the beach.

runtraildc  Camp here and we can run Pisgah. Mills River rec center  Rush Creek camp site #1 is the best for privacy.

If you have kids Davidson River main campground. Great swimming hole but lots of people

Daydreamer1

Clear and cold here in central PA. My thermometer says it's 40 degrees, inaccuweather says it's not supposed to get out of the 20's. After stepping out side I'll split the difference, feels like it's in the low 30s. Should make for a nice 7-8 mile run this afternoon.

NHLA - Sorry to hear about your MIL's problems. It's always sad to see a person's cognitive function decline.

QOTD:  DW and I have been hitched for 24 years. Last summer she informed me that if I want to see a 25th anniversary I'll take her to Hawaii .  Sooooooo......... After some planning and a lot of spending , the dates are set.  While all my neighbors are freezing and shoveling snow the middle of February, we will be basking in the Hawaii sun .  At least she didn't ask for a $10,000 piece of jewelry.

All joking aside, I'm looking forward to it and it's something we've wanted to do for a long time. Hawaii is the only state that we have not been in.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Some catching up to do. I signed up for the Hyner 25K, saw Kelly at ATY and managed 55.64 miles there myself.

QOTD: Still finalizing my mid-winter race and whether I'll run one next month in FL when I visit my DD. The one I'm looking at is the Everglades 50K on 2/20.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gator eye

Slow and easy 6 today. Old man winter has gave us a hard pack that is almost hard enough to hold my weight but breaks through at the last second. On the roads I go.

QOTD. Nothing planned as of now. We had a trip to Sunny Florida planned but had to cancel because of work.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya guys!  Sad that the Queen vs Jamie competition is over already.  Don't you two have the same goals for 2016 too?

Kelly, I'm just getting over my miserable cold and no longer want to die.  Take some drugs and get some extra sleep!

I got in a few runs over the weekend, but today is a SRD/doggie walking.

QOTD: We're road tripping down to Georgia this weekend for the Cloudland 50.  (Well, I'm running the 12 miler.)  Crossing my fingers for warm(ish) weather.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I have my stuff for a lunch time run before all the rain hits.

QOTD:  The usual stuff.  Going to Puerto Vallarta in March to visit the parents. San Filipe in Aril but these are things we do every year.  I think I need to talk to my husband about doing something different.  I wouldn't mind hitting So Utah for some Mt Biking, Hiking, and maybe even running.  No races planned.

Mandy:  Our goals are the same 1,500 so we will be competing at then end of the year.  I want to compete in April too because I have vacations planned that I will need the motivation to run. What Team are you on Mandy?  I am on Sweat 16

Jamie: What team are you on?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy:  Our goals are the same 1,500 so we will be competing at then end of the year.  I want to compete in April too because I have vacations planned that I will need the motivation to run. What Team are you on Mandy?  I am on Sweat 16

I'm on Team #5 - RUNk and Disorderly.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a few miles. Cold in central PA - DD, where do you get 40 degrees? It's 22 here. Sunny, but very windy, I might wear double pants today.

In the past few days, I've been suffering from severe joint pain, that came out of nowhere, and which, however, does not seem to get worse with movement (work, running). Now it dawns on me that I had a tick bite last July - perhaps Lyme disease? There are some weird neurological issues going on with my hands, too. I'll have to see my doc to get tested, I think.

NHLA: Sorry to hear your MIL is declining. It's the same with my mom, she still recognizes me on the phone, but has forgotten that I am married and have a family. This is particularly sad because just 10 years ago, she would spend every day at the pool with my DD, all summer long, and nothing of it is in her memory. She does not know or remember my two youngest boys, or my DH.

The odd thing is that when she's talking on the phone with me, it all sounds pretty normal, until everything repeats, and she is surprised each time she hears about things that have happened, or that she has done, in the last 2, 10, 20 or 30 years. Very sad to see that she is "not here" any more, while physically, and to some degree emotionally, she is still present. I feel your pain.

Jamie, Kelly: Hope you will be better soon. I seem to be getting over my cold which has been lingering for 6 weeks now. In the first 2 weeks, I wanted to die, too. Now I feel dead, so everything seems better. 

muppy: Have a good flight! Just imagine you are on top of a mountain, looking down after having run up a wonderful trail.

QOTD: Nothing planned. Skiing with the kids, if we happen to get some real snow in January and February. I don't want to ski on artificial snow only.

Run for fun.