Trailer Trash

Someone needs to kick off the Saturdaily (Read 29 times)

Birdwell

So why not me?

Getting ready to head to a rec. league basketball game. I am terrible at basketball, but I give 5 hard fouls every time I play.

Plan is 7 miles this afternoon.

Have a great day!

QOTD: dogs or cats?

we're allergic to cats in this house. we have two dogs.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

predicting a high of 4 degrees today, so it's back on the treadmill- going to play w/ the incline at the gym for something a little different

qotd: we've had both, currently just a 12 year old pitbull- pets are great, but make travel plans a pita

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Planed on 6 last night, but felt so good even did some hill sprints for 8.2. Plan on an easy 6 tonight.

QOTD We have the dog in my avatar, and my son has a cat from a litter of kittens we found in the window well a few years ago.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I ran a road 5k this morning.  4th overall, 1st in my (new) age group (30-34).  Finished in 19:21.  I've run this race for 3 years now and my times have been:

2012 - 20:15

2013 - 19:56

2014 - 19:21

Really happy with the shape I am in going into this year but I really need to get back on track since this week and the last have been "off" weeks.

QOTD: We have a 6-toed cat named Kiki.  She would have been a dog if the apartment lease would allow it, but we are happy to have her.

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

Just got back from a slow 4 miles, complete with a good set of hills. Now off with the family for an afternoon of skiing.  This has been an upside for our unusually cold winter-- the snow has been great for the mid-atlantic.

qotd:  dogs.  But we don't have any, so I live vicariously through my siblings.  I can't get past the  litter box with cats, and letting them roam outside is not an option.  So, no to cats.

Sandy-2

15 this morning.  Just kind of easy.  My calf decided to give me a little reminder niggle with about a mile or so to go.  Hmmmm  I'll have to take it easy.  I seem to be falling apart these last 2 weeks (first my abdomen and now the calf).

qotd: Dogs.  I'm really allergic to cats.  We also had a rabbit once and turns out I'm allergic to them as well, but he stayed in a hutch outside so it wasn't a big deal, his name was Clark (reference to Dr. Seuss), he's gone now though.

tbd.

sugnim

We're finally on the positive side of zero today, so I got in a nice 5 miles this snowy 7 degree morning.

QOTD:  We have both, but I am definitely more of a cat person.  I wish our cats could go running with me!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I planned on running but have a major headache soooo

QOTD: Dogs...Earl.  Looking to get another one of these days.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thanks for the kickoff, Birdwell! I ran a FA 10k this morning, the Tussey Teaser #0, and set a new personal best. Which doesn't mean much, as this is the only "real" 10k that I run (which is not an up-and-down-the-mountain run), and in the previous years, I stayed with my running buddy who was out of shape at the time, but the benchmark has been set, and I'm happy with the result. Mini-RR to follow. QOTD: we've had both, too, and I like both. Our current lease does not allow dogs, so we had two cats, until last November, when one of them passed away. Now it's only one cat. I'm allergic to most cats, but fortunately not to our Persian.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I'm allergic to most cats, but fortunately not to our Persian.

Funny, I'm still alergic to Persions, but they are the ones that affect me the least.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I got in 7 trail miles this morning. I was tromping through 6-8" of icy snow when I came

across some snowmobile tracks. Do you guys know that a snowmobile makes a great

foot wide trail in the snow? It was perfect, I got in more than I could of on the other trails.

QOTD: We've had both, right now two dogs.

LB2

I got in a nice and speedy 10K on the trails right before dark, sort of a fartlek workout. I am feel a little under trained going into this 50K on the 22nd. It is a tough one. However, I was pretty happy that my recovery times between running hard were pretty short, and my speed was pretty good all the way through the run. My quads burned; I cut my leg on some briars; I ran through lots of water; I had a good time. And that is what I intend to do at the race. I don't really know how to pace 50K's. I guess it should be a little faster than a slower than a marathon and a little faster than a 100K.

LB2