Trailer Trash

Misty Monday (Read 35 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers! Rainy day in store for my neck of the woods.  Got in 7 city miles yesterday afternoon.  Thought I would go for a change in pace (and it is a mostly downhill route).  Met DH and caught a ride back home just as the rain was starting.  Today is perfect rain running weather, once it warms a few degrees.

qotd:  Break or set any new habits lately (good or bad)?  I'm trying to break my sugar habit, with mixed results.  I guess I need to think of it as 'weaning' rather than going cold turkey.  If I look at it that way, I can claim some success since I'm eating less refined sugar.   I also started a streak on Nov 1, which is going well.

Have a good day, folks!

Occasional Runner

Pretty cold here this morning. I logged 7 hilly, but fast miles this morning. I'm really focusing on leg turnover and speed right now, because I have several races coming up that will allow me to be fast if I'm prepared to do so. And I really want to be prepared. I'm feeling good!

QOTD: BREAD! I feel like I got into a rut where my meals were all so bread-centric, so I've been trying to transition back towards more fruits and vegetables. It's been going very well so far and I feel a lot better.

moonlightrunner

I ran a "fast for me" 10 miles last night. I should have run more...but I just can't seem to make myself do so in the dark. Since I am running the flat nontechnical bike path way to much, I did try to work on speed. With hunting season it is the best place to run at dusk because there SHOULD be no hunters there. I am a little hesitant to run at the state park because it is overrun with hunters. Likely no rin tonight. Watching grand kids while DD works.

Qotd: still struggling with binge eating and some weight gain. I am eato g a protein smoothie for bfast and lunch. It seems to make me less ravenous. I still lose control around cereal that is I'm the pantry for the kids. Working on it.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Marley and I did 4 miles of single track in a pouring rain this morning.  It was cool enough for Marley to be especially fired up.  She loves cool and cold weather.

QOTD: Nothing lately.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

Aughhh, my running partner came up lame this morning after 6 miles.i should of knew something was up when he let me lead after the first couple. We slowly jogged and walked the last two home. Not sure the problem, he's had the last two days off. Looks like I'm running alone for a week or two.

QOTD: I ve been drinking way to much beer lately, I need to cut back.

Watoni

Working from home today with a sick child.

We skipped and walked about 9 miles a day in Disneyland over the weekend ... I was lamenting not running in my new Altras due to ankle/Achilles issues post-Javelina but am feeling better and skipped along without issues. The doctor wanted me to rest and to use heel lifts. I felt better than I have in weeks being on my feet 15+ hours a day in zero drop shoes Wink

Running content is that they had a Disneyland 5K and half-marathon this weekend. They woke us up at about 4am Saturday morning, so we switched rooms. Wow, that is some production. One guy I met who ran it has run Western States, so that's the only trail content I can find. Since running is not allowed at Disneyland generally (but skipping is), I think they should do a skipping 5K Smile

QOTD: Trying to get back on track running-wise, and otherwise just model love and stress-management as best I can for my family.

Occasional Runner

The doctor wanted me to rest and to use heel lifts. I felt better than I have in weeks being on my feet 15+ hours a day in zero drop shoes Wink

FWIW...I don't run in Altra shoes exclusively because of the threat of Achilles issues. Really, no matter what shoe you like, it's a good idea to rotate different styles with varying heel to toe drop. It helps to rest tendons and spread the workload around to different muscle groups while conditioning your connective tissues.

Sorry for the unsolicited commentary.

Daydreamer1

Spending a rainy day at work. If I get out on time, 8pm, I might try to get in a short elliptical workout tonight when I get home. My right calf is kind of tight so maybe a rest day is in order.

QOTD: 13 1/2 months ago I gave up my soda habit. Since that time i have only had 2-3 cans or bottles of soda with the exception being a few swallows a day for when I take some of my pills. Right now I'm working on trying to make strength training a habit. I wouldn't think of going for more then a day or two without getting in some type of aerobic exercise and I need to get strength training to that level as well.   I should set a goal of increasing my fruit and vegetable intake.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Pouring rain in Gettysburg.  22 degrees tomorrow for the high, so missed big snow by only 1 day, drat!

QOTD:  I will make no changes until after the holidays.  If I tried now, I'd only be setting myself up for failure.  Cookies are my weakness.  DW was a pastry chef in a past life and that's her cookies won me over.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I ve been drinking way to much beer lately, I need to cut back.

Said an Irishman,  ...NEVER  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all. Damp and rainy here today.

I had a fairly awesome run yesterday. Went to run my Sunday loop at French Creek with the Lady (Buzzards/Mill Creek trail) and ran a time on the 8 mile loop that I don't recall seeing in ages. I didn't really push it, just felt good from the get go and normally this loop kicks my ass right at the start with the climb up the Buzzards trail. It's steep in places, rutted and rocky and normally I find myself stumbling and bumbling up the hill. Yesterday I seemed to just float up. Knew it was going to be a good run with that start. Tacked on an extra 5 mile loop to get 13 in for the day.

Today was 7 miles on the road at lunchtime. Forty degrees with steady rain. Felt great (he lies). Well, actually not bad. I don't mind the rain so much. Beats the frozen variety. It's sort of good to get out there in less than ideal conditions.

QOTD: I have been on a running streak again. Approaching 50 days and if I would have not missed that one day in October I'd be well over a 100 right now. So I guess that I have a running habit, eh? Hope not to break it, but I fear travel over the holidays will cause an end to the streak.

Gator Eye - Just step away from the QOTD and no one will get hurt.

Watoni - Sort of agree with Lace. Multiple shoes and rotate. I have 2 models of Altras, a pair of Cascadias for the trail, and also a pair of Altras and Brooks Adrenaline for the road. Lots of shoes.

AT - Glad we missed snowmeggedon. Last year the trails sucked.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD...I ran 18 miles yesterday it was a wee bit tough but not to sore today...maybe I am ready for my marathon 12/06.

QOTD:  I gave up red meat and pork about 4 months ago...couple of slip ups due to hunger and that was what the host was serving (mixed in with the main dish and hard to avoid not eating the meal). I would like to give up chicken soon but being a mid westerner, and 1962 boomer, meat with a meal is just the norm...what would I replace it with, bread?    Bad new habit..not getting in the morning run.

Watoni:  Are you going to be at Northface 12/06?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

First day back after two weeks today and in the middle of an early season snowstorm. We ought to have two feet by late tomorrow. I hit the shredmill for 6 plus a little walking and found the scheduled time off hasn't completely resolved some hamstring and adductor issues left over from the 50k. Time will tell, I suppose, and the opportunity to get in some snowshoeing won't hurt a bit!

Watoni

FWIW...I don't run in Altra shoes exclusively because of the threat of Achilles issues. Really, no matter what shoe you like, it's a good idea to rotate different styles with varying heel to toe drop. It helps to rest tendons and spread the workload around to different muscle groups while conditioning your connective tissues.

Sorry for the unsolicited commentary.

No worries! You are talking to Imelda Marcos here.

My main rotation now:

La Sportiva Helios, PI N1 and N2s, Hoka Huaka, Salomon Sense 3 (to add the Altra Lone Peak 2.0s)

Secondary:

La Sportiva Vertical K and Bushido, Hoka Rapa Nui 2

Queen: I will not be running NFEC. I may volunteer though and will try to be on the marathon course. I am looking at the 100K at Javelina Nov 1 as a good base kick in the pants, and will be building up slowly to get the ankle/achilles up to snuff. I do not need to try to race anytime soon Smile

LB2

Geez!! They are killing me today at work. SRD today.

QOTD: I have cut waaaayyyyyy back on beer consumption lately. But, I have also cut back on running. The running will increase this week; I'll probably keep the beer consumption low. I normally do this time of year anyway. Summer is my beer time.

LB2