Trailer Trash

Missing the Warmth Mondaily (Read 265 times)

NorNev

Running 6.3 today as a recovery run....ran 7 yesterday with some pretty good climes in my new mountain masochist and really enjoyed the feel.

QOTD: I'm a man so I wait until at least the 23rd to start shopping for Christmas

Watoni

Probably SRD or cycling due to the wonky ankle and work.

QOTD: I am almost there. We are going fairly low budget, but I got my bride so good creature comforts and got some Lego sets for the boys. Mom gets some new trekking poles for hiking. Woohoo!

dpc3

A shortened 3.1 this early AM. We finally are getting some cold weather which was refreshing. A cool crisp 1 degree when I left the house. Snotsicles abound when I got back. Have a great day all!

QOTD: We have not started but it is about to get crazy in the house. Can I hide presents at your place?

Ultra Cowboy

SRD here after the Weekend Back to back. 

Got confirmation that I am INDEED drawn for Way Too Cool 50k. 

Only things I've bought are Secret Santa gifts for the Charity run.   I'm sure my wife will tell me what we bought for folks.

WYBMADIITY

Save

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, the week looks promising weather wise- we will be moderating into the mid 30's- while I'll run in the single digits and teens- I much prefer 30's Big grin

qotd: I think we are just about done gift shopping, took this qotd reminder and got some of it done this morning! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

6.5ish miles on trails near my house (about 4 actually on trails.) Foggy, warm, 100% humidity. My asthma was not happy with this run, and my legs were still feeling pretty heavy from my long trail run on Saturday. Still worth going out!

QOTD: 0% Christmas shopping done. Most Hanukkah shopping done, minus one gift! 

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

SRD today as the legs are tired from yesterday's half marathon.  Some core wotk and beer recovery is on tap for tonight watching the Texans Patriots game.

Be well,

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Five this am.  I think the ITB is tighting up so need to dust off that roller thingy. 

QOTD: I haven't started but then I am done.  I buy nothing and I expect nothing.  Like Sugnim her QOTD answer fits mine perfectly.  I will celebrate chritmas but not buy a thing. 

Northern:  If you think you need a rest day take it, but go for a walk in the snow. 

valerieNV:  I like how you shop.

RockyII:  I am also in for Way Too Cool. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I'm planning on doing 5 after work today.  Yesterday's high was 80 deg, tonight we're supposed to go down to about 31 deg, welcome to December in Texas.  Just depends on whether the wind is from the south or north  The cool temps will feel good though.

No love for me in the MMT lottery today - man I have the worst luck.  I'm not holding out too much hope for the HR lottery on Sunday either.  In the words of the great Ray Charles....  "if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

qotd:  Haven't started yet, but this year is going to be low key.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

KreegSauceRuns

Howdy trailers!  Good news/Bad news.

Good news:  I am unofficially selected in the Massanutten 100 lottery!!!

Bad news:  did a self diagnosis of early signs of a stress fracture this weekend.  So I have to take some days off and hope it goes away.

Bad news:  I can't even go run to celebrate winning the lottery!  Damnit!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Sandy-2

Howdy trailers!  Good news/Bad news.

Good news:  I am unofficially selected in the Massanutten 100 lottery!!!

ASU:  Nice job getting into MMT !!!!!! 

I was off by just a few numbers...  but in the wrong direction, unofficially I'm 200 out of 203 on the waitlist - I could barely have done worse.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

I was off by just a few numbers...  but in the wrong direction, unofficially I'm 200 out of 203 on the waitlist - I could barely have done worse.

Holy shit Sandy!!! I did almost as good in the lottery and I didn't even enter!

KreegSauceRuns

Dang that sucks big time.  I would tell you to stick it out on the wait list as people have told me a lot get picked off of it but I'll be blunt and say that 200 out of 203 is not a good number.  So sorry man.  Maybe that's just a sign that HR should be your focal point next year.  Smile

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC