Trailer Trash

Sundailie (Read 29 times)

dpc3

Got in 3 runs over the past 3 days and knee is feeling pretty good. Still dealing with my knee cap not tracking properly but I am addressing it. Its good to be back out on the trails seeing the usual suspects. The 2 yellow dogs even got in on the action with me.

2.5 miles

2.5 miles

3.3 miles

QOTD: I got nothing

Occasional Runner

10 this morning. We're leaving South Carolina this evening, heading home to Utah for a few days before flying down to see Burke in LA. Its been a blast running, eating and drinking down here. We love this place.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

I had a lot of fun today at the Dirty Bird 15k at French Creek state park here in PA. Ended up finishing in 1:43. Conditions were snowy and muddy, which ended up being a lot of fun. I also had the nice surprise of running into AT Runner and Xtreme Taper, thanks for introducing yourselves! it was chilly and my dog was shivering so we couldn't hang out but it was a great race overall. Now I'm relaxing with tacos and a beer. Smile

Queen of Nothing

Sue

9 mikes this morning with Earl...holiday week was nice and relaxing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Heading out for 7+ miles. Planning on just taking it easy.

TNC - I may have to keep the Dirty Bird in mind for next year. The distance would be just about right for this time of the year.

some call me Tim

2 hrs on the road today nice and slow, which was half what I planned but considering that I just jumped back into the deep end of the pool and am feeling slightly beat up for it I'm pushing it off till next weekend. It's been a good enough week that even with choosing to bail today I pulled the trigger on the Beast of Burden 50. Thanks to the folks who've given advice, I'll be incorporating it all in the next 8 weeks.

When I was a kid, my Dad would take my brothers and I on rollercoasters. If we were apprehensive he would tell us it wouldn't be that big a deal, that it would be fun. And then, when the coaster rolled out of the station to the first hill and started click click clicking its way up, he would look over with a big smile and say, "Too late nooooow!"

But you know what? It was always fun.

runtraildc

Heading out the door shortly for a quick run around the neighborhood.  My quads are a bit sore-- from all that flat terrain this week?

Back home, but this is what I left behind.  For any birders out there, there were thousands of pelicans, swans and arctic seabirds on a migratory stopover.  Nice hike around the refuge (Pea Island NWR on Hatteras Island)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 tough miles (about 10" of snow) on snowshoes w/ balmy 5 degree weather (that was our high today); on a high note we're supposed to get back into the 30's by Tuesday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Ran an enjoyable 12 with my run Buddy at the state park. It was really nice. It was in the 50's today...I like this kind of winter! I tried to go out for a second run in the afternoon, but was beset by blood sugar and intestinal issues...so I bagged it after just a couple miles.

Back to the saltmind tomorrow...it will be a short week for me...o took vacation fays Thursday and Friday.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Up and down Pikes Peak (14,115') yesterday.  Remarkably little snow for almost December!  24 miles, 7500' gain.  Rolled my ankle really bad about 6 miles from the car.  Was able to run out on it but it's jacked up today. Hopefully not fractured.