Trailer Trash

Still feasting Friday (Read 30 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Just finished a slice of breakfast pie and thinking about the day.  Got in 4 windy and flat miles last night before dinner.  something similar today.  We're at the beach so it is a change of scenery.

qotd:  (blank stare)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, runtrail!  I am currently working my way through a piece of apple pie and some chai tea for breakfast.

Today is a SRD for me.  Yesterday I got a new and shiny 10K PR of 56:47, so I'm just chilling today.  Might ride on the trainer later though.

QOTD: Do you look forward to the holidays, or look forward to them being over?  I'm in the being over camp. 

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

10 fast road miles at sunrise this morning. We're in South Carolina with family, so I'm taking advantage of sea level running. It's an entirely different experience.

QOTD: I love the holidays and Thanksgiving is something I look forward to every year because we always celebrate in SC and we love it here. Not looking forward to the shopping season though.

some call me Tim

I totally chickened out and ran 10 on the Shredmill this morning (shred because it's generally the only time I run with music and it's almost always metal), but the mobilizations of that past few days are paying off and there was no hamstring ache.

congrats on your PR, Mandy!

qotd:some of the shine has gone with the events of the past couple of years, but I still love it

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good morning Trailers!  Will strength train this afternoon; this new 5x5 program seems (thus far) very agreeable to me- all compound exercises, starts light and you add (a little) every workout.  The other plus it's roughly a 35-40 minute workout.

qotd: don't enjoy the retail craziness, but do enjoy the holidays

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Got up at 4 this morning, got dressed and staggered off to work at my part time job. I walk in and the conversations stops, everyone looks at me. Then someone says, "why are you here"?   "Scheduled to work 600-1800" I reply.  "Uh, no. You're supposed to be here tonight at 1800" they retort.  Look over the schedule and sure enough I'm on for night shift. So I turn around and drive back home. They had a recent schedule change so I'm thinking that's the problem, they made a mistake. Get on the computer and check my availability calendar and sure enough, I had put in for night shift, not day shift. My fault .  To make things worse it was the station that is the furthest from home, 58 miles one way. Good thing gas prices are crumpling.

The one good thing is that I had not planned on a run today, now I'll get in something between 4.5-7.4 miles. Depends on if DS wants to go with.

QOTD: Put it this way. I wish today was January 2nd.

runtraildc

qotd: don't enjoy the retail craziness, but do enjoy the holidays

+1

AT-runner

Tim

Just finished a turkey sandwich...yum.   DW and I broke trail through the snow for 8 miles on an old section of the  AT.  I love some of the old sections (Blue Blazes) that are in our area.  Seems like most people avoid them for some reason, so just the 2 of us and no footprints in sight.  Love it.

Mandy - Nice job!

QOTD:  I'm a big kids at holiday time.  This year the two oldest are coming home from Oregon, so all the kiddies will be under our roof.  DW's been singing Christmas songs for a week, and I'm planning on going all Clark Griswold on the house to surprise DD#1 and DS when they show up on Christmas Eve.  For us, it's never been about shopping.  Our extended family picks names and you have to make a gift, no purchases allowed.  I usually make something in the wood shop.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Up at 4 AM today, but not to run. After working 6 to 1, a long nap was calling my name.

QOTD: these next 6 weeks are the craziest and most hectic of the year, but then I work retail. It will be a struggle to keep a regular training schedule. I keep a low profile during the holidays otherwise and celebrate quietly at home.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did about 21 mi along the river this morning. Took a different fork of the river, but it looked exactly like the other fork I usually run on. It's nice but a bit boring, I may have to bring along some tunes next time.

qotd: yeah I like the holidays, but hate the shopping part.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL