Trailer Trash

Ice Age Trail 50K (DNF) - RR (Read 47 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Link to RR in Beginners and Beyond group. The race obviously wasn't what I had hoped for, but the FE afterwards exceeded my expectations. Besides meeting up with Adam and Becky whom I met last year on Towpath weekend, I finally met IRL Mandy, Amanda and Todd (and Roxie), and WrigleyGirl. I met some others, including I think Paul, but my memory is fuzzy. In any case I plan to be back next year to hopefully see everyone again and finish the race. BTW this was my first trail ultra. Running those trails was a lot more enjoyable even with hills unlike anything I've encountered on the roads.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

That stinks George, hope you get your issues straightened out and do better next time! Sounds like you still had a great time, and that's what it's all about!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sorry for the DNF. But I can see several points where you might make changes to get the upper hand next time. Relax, rethink, regroup, and move on.

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I've been meaning to comment on this one...

Sorry the race didn't pan out for you, but at least you got to make a good day of it.  I bet that long sleeve shirt at the beginning sapped you pretty good.  Keep up the good work on branching out and trying new things...it's really awesome that after all these years you are still having new running adventures...really inspiring.  Learn what you can from this one and put it behind you...looking forward to hearing about your next adventure.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

George, sorry for your DNF.  Was it strictly the heat, of was it lingering issues from your fever?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, sorry for your DNF.  Was it strictly the heat, of was it lingering issues from your fever?

I think it was just the heat, or more specifically the hot sun beating on me.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

... Keep up the good work on branching out and trying new things...it's really awesome that after all these years you are still having new running adventures...really inspiring.  Learn what you can from this one and put it behind you...looking forward to hearing about your next adventure.

As much fun as I'm having with the trails and the ultras, I almost regret not trying them earlier - except I've always enjoyed the fast, short races on the track, too. I wasn't running Dirty German this past weekend, but it's close enough that I drove up to see TrailsnCocktails and Muppy run, then got in a great 10+ miles on the trails myself. My next race combines my interests, 24-hours but on a 400m track.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I just picked up one of these...I'll let you know how it works out for me.

**Ask me about streaking**

As much fun as I'm having with the trails and the ultras, I almost regret not trying them earlier - except I've always enjoyed the fast, short races on the track, too. I wasn't running Dirty German this past weekend, but it's close enough that I drove up to see TrailsnCocktails and Muppy run, then got in a great 10+ miles on the trails myself. My next race combines my interests, 24-hours but on a 400m track.

Yikes.  Talk about a mental challenge.  Good luck George!

RabbitChaser

George, I'm sorry the race didn't go as you had hoped. I'm one of those runners who can't seem to get acclimated to running in the heat. I'll likely be attempting a 20 mile race (more like 22 miles) in July with my heat training starting this weekend. I know that if I didn't wear a hat, the heat would get to me much quicker, thankfully, being mostly bald forces me to wear that hat. Smile

I have no doubt you'll learn from this race and turn it into a positive. It still sounds like you had a fun time and met some great people!

Eric