Trailer Trash

sundaily showers (Read 34 times)

The pooch and I had a wet 6 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning all! I don't know what is in store today for me.  I have a presentation shortly, then a 'field trip' with other conference attendees-- canoeing, so it should be fun.  I might get in some strength training later in the surprisingly well equipped hotel gym.  no running likely.

TT-- I"m glad to hear it is raining in MD.  My garden needs it, I'm sure.

qotd: pass

Sandy-2

Unfortunately no rain showers down here in TX this morning, I could have used it.  It was 77* at 5am.  Yuck.

Did the 2nd half of my b2b weekend.  20 miles this morning.  That means that I have done 60 miles in the last 4 days (15+5 in Korea and 40 in TX).  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's rest day.

TT: Nice 6 miler.

runtraildc: have fun canoeing, remember no spashing each other with the paddles!!!

Have a nice Sunday everybody.

tbd.

under a rock

Started the day early with a small group trail run of 6 miles. Got stung by a yellow jacket half a mile into the run on the inside of my left ankle just behind the bone. I screamed like a little girl and cussed like a sailor. Whenever I get stung it always seems to be at the start of a run. The guys a few minutes ahead on the trail heard me and figured someone bit the dirt or saw a copperhead. Hopefully this is my one sting for the year.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

QOTD: are you an ultra trail runner or a shorter distance trail runner?

Me, I'm a shorter distance trail runner. I'd love to be able to do ultras but so far my body just doesn't cooperate with longer distances so I opt for shorter so I'm capable of running without having to take time off for injuries. Plus, when my body feels up to it, I love to do shorter fast races. Lately I'm just in base building mode after a few years of off and on injuries from trying to run longer than my body likes. I hope in the fall I'll feel solid enough to push my pace again.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we're getting some much needed rain here as well, had a cloud burst yesterday afternoon that dumped over a inch (some small hail as well) in about 20 minutes

it's soggy enough now that running in the hills would be all but impossible (gumbo mud!), so I'll hit the gym and do a combo of dreadmill and stairs of death for 6 miles

qotd: I like mid-distance??? stuff ~ 20-ish miles, but I do have two 50k's I'm signed up for

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I ran 6 miles to the gym to shake my legs out. It went perfectly and my legs feel great. Had a nice core workout when I got to the gym.

Heading out now to brutalize my legs with some serious vert in the Wasatch. It's way too nice here to not be in the mountains. So I guess I'll call it a double.

QOTD: I'm partial to distance.

Brian Runner

Just one or two sprinkles this morning. Started off with a group of 5, including our guide on his mountain bike, for a planned 14.5 mile run. Our guide ran into mechanical problems, and we shed runners along the way. Two of us ended up completing the entire trail run in just a hair under 3 hours. No water, no fuel. Felt fantastic the entire way. Might run again this evening.

Snowdenrun

Morning!

Yesterday I volunteered at a local triathlon as an EMT. Nobody needed our services so mainly it was traffic control.

There is NEW snow pretty far down the lower elevation mountains. What the hell? But in a bit I'll get out and spend some time on the trails. I''m hoping for a run that gets me back into the swing of things.

QOTD: I'm a shorter distance trail runner. For now... Smile

NorthernHarrier

Did a rather warm and muggy tempo workout in the Arb this morning. General warmup miles felt sluggish and I thought I would be suffering but right away into the first half I felt smooth and strong. Hard to figure things at times so I seldom try.

May help the wife a little in her gardens( I am the grunt laborer), mow again, and if the weather keeps holding I'll get some biking in yet. Wife and daughter are heading to NY early tomorrow for the week. Probably head to my shack but first I have to try to see my dentist, like right away tomorrow. Angry I hope!

QOTD- I am just a trail runner. No more ultras for me but I will be doing a couple long epic runs this year and a couple trail marathons this fall but I don't believe I could be called an ultra runner these days.  Truth be told I wonder what possessed me to want to run that far in the past.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm taking a few days.  I've decided the knee pain is runner's knee from 1. not fully recovering from the 50k 2. jumping into cycling too fast 3. adding in too much speed work 4. increasing my body weight routine too aggressively

Is there a point when I will just stop getting TMTS injuries due to a large base?  Or do I have to just be smarter?  I need some patience for sure.

QOTD: My goal is to be an all around runner.  Trails, roads, 5k, 100 miler (someday)...I want it all.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

15 or 16 very hilly miles on incredibly rocky and difficult trails in the fog. My clothes were dripping wet from sweating and humidity, but I only had my handheld with me, so I got a bit dehydrated and very hungry at the end.

I took a spill and, falling on the hand which was carrying the water bottle, I bent my 4 fingers backward quite a bit. It hurt a lot at first, but the good thing was, all of a sudden my knees and hips didn't bother me any more - yay! Now, a few hours later, my palm and the base joints of my ring and pinkie fingers are still hurting, but I don't think it's anything serious, just strained a little. When I fell, I heard something pop, but bones are all fine, and I can do all movements without restrictions, just feels a bit "loose", so I'll give it a few days and hope for the best.

I ran hard, and now I'm really fried. I could take a nap, but DS will come home from a friend's birthday party soon, probably in a sugar-high and all perked up. I may take the kids to Barnes and Noble to get some quiet time to myself. Approve

Sandy: That's a lot of running. I think I'll start the longer B2B's in preparation for the 100M soon.

QOTD: I used to run short distances only for some decades, typically a few miles. I am an ultra runner now, and I enjoy it, but I don't think I can keep up the long hours of running and "abandon" my family for many years to come. My ultra running days will probably end at some point not way too far in the future.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Afternoon all! I am not running today.  Mileage overall has been very low over the few weeks.  It's all I could do.  I hope my feet are on the up and up.  Started back at the PT on Thursday and will be going 2x a week.  I do hope to get back to some decent long runs.  I truly enjoy them even if I do not have a goal race.

Sandy - killer miles the last few days!

QOTD: I was at the PT office the other day and saw a diferent one than I had been seeing before (but same office).  He said to me when taking me back "So you're an ultra runner?"  I didn't know how to respond because it didn't seem to matter to me.  So to answer this question, I don't want to consider myself anything.  I just want to enjoy all runs, short, long technical, fast, slow, whatever.  I do enjoy the longer races but I would like to do all kinds of distances.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Brian Runner

Ended up being a much bigger running day than I expected. After getting in a second group run I ended up with 4 hours and 30 minutes, 21 miles and 2,800 ft of vertical, making it my longest day so far this year. The shocking thing is how good I feel. Last mile of the day was even the fastest.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Update: The supposed 15 or 16 miles turned out to have been 19, with 3200 vert feet. To run this on my very technical trails in 4 hours and 10 minutes is a pretty hard run for my abilities. Now I understand why I'm so wasted. Big grin

DS came home happily from the birthday party, but the other DS got a temperature, and, as always when he gets a fever, he threw up. On our bed. Now the washing machine is busy, and DH got the huge fan running in our bedroom after the cleanup... Sad So much for me needing a nap...

But, good thing is, I could make this into a long B2B run and run another 15 to 20 tomorrow - that would have me catch up with my training plan!

Run for fun.

Irish Luck

I did not run today, as some girlfriends and I planned to take a trampoline-based workout class this morning.  Near me, there's an old warehouse that has opened with various "entertainment" and sports-like businesses--go karts, indoor rock climbing gym, and Sky Zone (trampoline-based fun center).

Picture this: a football field of trampolines, with an instructor giving you different commands.  It was an hour-long class, something different to do. I wish I had worn my heart rate monitor, as there was a point in the class that we were running loops around the place (like we were on a track).  I have never perspired so much. It was fun, something to do, and I found that it really challenged my balance and made for a unique one-time workout. Here's a brief video: http://tinyurl.com/aownt9x. We had fun.

QOTD: I really enjoy 10-12 mi runs. Unfortunately, most races near me are close to 6-7 mi.  That said, I enjoy my b2b weekend runs in preparation for my long distance stuff. In 2012,  I  completed two 50Ks and plan to do them again in September and October of this year.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.