Trailer Trash

Labor (Pain) Mondaily (Read 37 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Labor Day.  Hope everyone is off work and planning a fun day.

Ran a few easy miles to shake out the legs from yesterday's Labor Pain 12 Hour race.  Very hot and humid day so I ended up doing 50k and drinking beer while talking with other runners and watching the leaders duke it out.  DW cut back her plans and did 26.2.  Temp was 75 degrees when we were setting up at 6:30am, and dew point was 75.  Got up to over 90 degrees and humidity never let up.  I set a reord for clothing changes - 6 different shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of socks.  I had to switch to a pack after 4 laps because I was draining my 20oz bottle well before the 2.5 mile aid station.

Still a fun time.  Saw and ran with Lace, Run Muppy, erbur78 and XT stopped by to watch and have a beer.  This is probably my favorite race to do, and I'm glad our plans changed so we could make it this year.  Only wish it was better weather for running.

QOTD:  Any picnic or activity plans for today?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

It was nice seeing you out there yesterday, AT. You did a great job.

Walking a lot today. I'll run tomorrow.

QOTD: I'm flying to Canada for work this morning, so I won't be enjoying the holiday like most normal people do.

Marley and I did 5 trail miles this morning.

QOTD: Mom has another surgery this morning so I'll be at the hospital.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today. Labor Pains race is about 5 1/2 drive from

me so hopefully I'll be out next year, this year was all about moving.

I was thinking about you guys while I was doing a measly 10 yesterday,

that was some major humidity.

AT: Nice clothing PR.

TT: Hope it goes well.

QOTD: Trader Joes, does that count as a picnic. I also have a list of trails to check

out in the area, nice looking ones nearby and even sweeter ones within 30 min drive.

muppy

Did 50K at labor pains yesterday! Hope to do a few easy miles tonight, actually feeling pretty good today too!

TT hope all goes well with your mom!

QOTD In honor of Labor Day I'm working today (but its a paid holiday and overtime also!) It's also my moms birthday so will do something for her then (also my GF's moms birthday).

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Another grey humid sweatfest here today. I will take the dog out for a short run or hike later. Near water I think!

AT - Great to see you and your wife yesterday. Happy Anniversary at the Labor Pains! Way to celebrate.

Lace - Congrats on the short run yesterday. Only 50k. LOL. Congrats to Joe as well.

RunMuppy - Congrats on your first ultra. Tough conditions. Glad you stopped by and said hello.

TT - Wishing you and your mom the best.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Chnaiur

Doing eight in the park today.

QOTD: nothing. We still haven't sorted out the after-school child-care situation for next week, so interviewing a ton of babysitters today. Bleh.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Very exciting event going on here.  It's been raining for over 4 hours!!!  Also Neil Young's electric car died on the 80 by Donner Pass...oh why couldn't it have been me who stopped to help.  Probably won't run today but if we do nothing all day maybe I will get out there.

QOTD:  I think I already answered that....but to make it clearer I have no idea.  Good movie day but we went last night.  It would be awesome to just drink wine and red all day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning and then did 10 mi once I did get up.  It was really hot and humid when I started at 9:30, much worse conditions than my normal 5 to 6am start time.  Uuuuugh, it was a slugfest.  I don't think my trashed legs from my first-ever spin class from yesterday helped either.  LOL.

TT: pulling for your Mom.

QoN: I thought I recognized a fellow NY fanatic.

qotd: very quiet around here, just the DW and I since my DD is volunteering at a horse race (ironically she is taking down pulse rates...)  We'll probably just throw some chicken on the BBQ and have a beer or two.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Long night run last night with my running buddy and boyjame, who will be my pacers at the OC100. I think I might have worn them both out, and I'm afraid neither of them will be talking to me soon again... Wink TT: best wishes to your mom! QOTD: work since 7, picnic with the kids later, maaybe a few miles tonight. Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Snowdenrun

Morning!

Possibly an easy run soon, possibly another rest day.

QOTD: Aviation does not stop for holidays. So normal work day for me... and no holiday pay.

Awesome job to all the Labor Pains runners!

Run Murphy- Ultra! How'd it go?

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. At least I got out of work on time this morning, but I was up most of the night handling a call. At least the patient was actually sick and needed me so that made it worth while. Still I wish they would have called at 8 pm last evening instead of 1:40 am that way I could have gotten a nap in. Now it's out for a bike ride, somewhere between 25-30 miles.

Glad to hear that the Labor Pains runners had a good time despite the humidity.

TT - You have my thoughts and prayers.

Snow - No extra pay for holiday time??? That sucks. I used to work for a company like that. Current employer pays 2 1/2 time for holiday so I enjoyed that for the last 16 hours of my shift  Big grin.

QOTD: DW and DD are working, DS is in Texas so I'm by myself. Might make some burgers on the grill if  DW gets out early, but otherwise no plans.

Brian Runner

No run today. Resting up after logging 26 yesterday.

On today's agenda is a little game of capture the flag / scavenger hunt I organized for the informal club I manage. In an effort to encourage more use of our local trails I pinned a flag to a tree somewhere in our little 15 - 20 mile network of crisscrossing trails. All this trail is crammed into about 700 acres and has roads on all sides making it hard to actually get lost, as you are never more than a few miles from where you parked.  Basically the rules say find it, don’t tell anybody, bring it back to me when we meet for a group run on Wed night and get a $50 prize. So far more than a dozen people have gone out, many of them typically road runners. They’re taking their kids out, getting to know the trails, having a good time, and then posting images on our Facebook page. Heck of a lot cheaper and easier than putting on a race, and it allows people to participate on their own schedule. Will probably hike in just before dark to see if its been found or not.

moonlightrunner

Brianrunner: that sounds like a nice event you organized!

TT: hope your mom did well. It is difficult to see a parent age and all that comes with it.

Congrats to all the racers. The Labor Pains race must be a fun one.

As soon as my stomach settles The Pointer and I are heading out to the state park. She is going to pace me on an 8 miler. No picnic today...my dad is STILL in the hospital. Due to the urgent nature of what's er happened I did not have the ambulance take him to the hospital I work at....and the one where he is at is not so good. Hopefully he will be home tomorrow.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Hi all!

Fit in a strength workout at the gym, after we unpacked from the beach, camping all weekend. After 6 miles of slogging on Saturday am,  It was a lot of no running, but lots of other fun.   When I complain about the humidity, I need to remind myself of beach humidity, which makes DC pale in comparison.

QoN- who rescued Neil Young?  I hope it was at least another fan.  More importantly, what kind of car?  We're noodling around the idea of an electric...

Congrats to all the Labor Pain runners (and other racers, too)!.

qotd:  see above, it involved the beach, beautiful marshes and a drive home.