Trailer Trash

Anyone try the new Brooks Puregrit 2's? (Read 61 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the only complaint I read on the Puregrits was the grip in the wet, I read numerous complaints on that single issue, but otherwise the reviews were almost all very positive- evidently the Puregrit 2 the wet traction issue was addressed and curious if that's the case Smile

they roomy toe box is what's really pushing me that way as I have tough feet (actually toes-they're long) to fit

thanks

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I only have the PureGrit 1's, and I feel the toebox is not too roomy. It is fairly low, so if you have a high arch, or well-cushioned feet (with thicker "padding" as opposed to really skinny, lean feet) they might be too tight.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I only have the PureGrit 1's, and I feel the toebox is not too roomy. It is fairly low, so if you have a high arch, or well-cushioned feet (with thicker "padding" as opposed to really skinny, lean feet) they might be too tight.

hmmm- I'd say my arch and cushioning is probably in the normal range (my toes are out of the normal range Big grin); I've just read so many "roomy toe box" comments w/ the Puregrits that I took it as gospel

I see REI now has the 2's, knowing I can exchange them, maybe I should just bite the bullet and give them a go

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Check REI, but BrooksRunning also has a great exchange policy in case the shoes don't fit, and their prices are often competitive.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Check REI, but BrooksRunning also has a great exchange policy in case the shoes don't fit, and their prices are often competitive.

danke, but I've got a 20% coupon for REI (and dividend $ to boot)- they (brooksrunning) do have some great prices on the 1's though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

I wear 13 and have really long toes as well. I like the room in the PureGrit 2, but didn't like the original much at all. I would take a shot with them at REI.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very good to hear Smile  my Mom always told me they were Irish toes Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I'm interested in these too.....I love my PureFlows, so I'd be willing to give the PureGrit 2's a shot. I didn't like the feel of the treads on the 1's, even just in the running store.

dpc3

I wear the 1's and wife wears the Mens 2's and we both like them very much. The tread is perfect for the local trails around here. Give me a more technical rocky trail and I will be looking to wear something else. Can't comment on the slippery when wet issue as we live in the desert but I ran in snow with them a couple times and didn't notice much. I felt my feet slip a couple of times but nothing I didn't expect. Just my 2 cents.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the dividend was burning a hole in my pocket and the coupon expires in a week, so I ordered a pair to give a go Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Holden McGruyen

I just took my first run in a new pair of PG2s and I give them a thumbs up. The trail was dry so I can't comment on mud performance but the fit, ride, and comfort are really good.

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ that's good to hear

turns out mine were sitting on the front porch, didn't see them until this afternoon- have been wearing them around the house and they feel roomy enough in the toe box, I'll take them out on a run tomorrow

they are definitely on the garish side though! Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Holden McGruyen

Yeah, they're not exactly subtle are they?

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

jonferg67

Endless trails

What did you mean by that, Mike? I have about 120 miles on my PG1's and have my

eye on the PG2 as my next pair, are the 2's any worse than the black/lime green color

of the PG1's?

I'm personally getting sick of the lavish freakin colors on the latest trail shoes, whatever

happen to the days of muted gray!!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

What did you mean by that, Mike? I have about 120 miles on my PG1's and have my

eye on the PG2 as my next pair, are the 2's any worse than the black/lime green color

of the PG1's?

I'm personally getting sick of the lavish freakin colors on the latest trail shoes, whatever

happen to the days of muted gray!!

probably no worse, definitely not muted though Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √