Trailer Trash

Trail Running During Hunting Season (Read 285 times)

mecrowe

Computer Geek

It is also the law that from November 15th through December 15, one must wear at least a blaze orange hat when in the woods. Always fun to watch the fashion shows that this entails!

I have grown up hunting in PA my entire life and I have never heard of this law.  It certainly is not in the Game Commision laws....and even if it was, that only applies to those that are hunting.  The Game Code does specify that hunters wear a certain amount of flo orange apparel during particular seasons (250 sq inches for regular deer season) but I know of no other laws in the state that require general forest users to wear an orange hat.  Do you have a reference for this law?

Thanks,

--Mike

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I have grown up hunting in PA my entire life and I have never heard of this law.  It certainly is not in the Game Commision laws....and even if it was, that only applies to those that are hunting.  The Game Code does specify that hunters wear a certain amount of flo orange apparel during particular seasons (250 sq inches for regular deer season) but I know of no other laws in the state that require general forest users to wear an orange hat.  Do you have a reference for this law?

Thanks,

--Mike

I don't have much experience with hunting laws in PA.

I think I picked up the information from the DCNR website last year. I tried to find the website again, but I just don't remember any more which one it was, and only from the looks I guess it was the DCNR's. It also listed the hunting season dates, and the date Nov 15th through Dec15th for wearing the orange hat were explicitely mentioned there.

If I find it again, I'll post the link.

Run for fun.