Trailer Trash

Roll Call - Who's out there? (including lurkers like me) (Read 76 times)

muppy

I'm from a little town next to Hershey, PA.

I mostly run around Blue Marsh Lake (home of Blues Cruise), parts of the Appalachian, Horseshoe Trail and state game lands near MT Gretna.

Gator eye

Mid Michigan here, I run a lot of dirt roads and a few trails when I can find them.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I've slipped into lurker mode as well.  Live, run, bike, and climb in Flagstaff AZ.  Hit me up if anyone wants to come out for some altitude training or Grand Canyon running.

Occasional Runner

BoyJame - I have run Catoctin and volunteered there once. I sort of liked it. Definitely hard and rocky. Downhill for the most part with some uphill for the out portion. Coming back oh it's like up up and up some more. Oh, and of course it's held in the humid days of summer with a casually normal morning start time ensuring the heat of the day for everyone! Typical winning times are 5 hours.

Hey! I remember you!

Catoctin...I ran that once and have nothing good to say about it. Another example of an RD that wants to create a race that is mismanaged to the point of frustrating difficulty for absolutely no reason. Any RD that boasts about the vast number of runners that get lost on his course isn't directing shit, in my opinion.

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone.  Currently living in a suburb NE of Houston, TX where it's sea level, flat, humid and (for most of the year) hot.  I run on local (thankfully shaded) greenbelt trails, local parks and on occasion the local state park up in Huntsville, TX (home of the Rock Raccoon 100).

Most days I post my mileage on the daily.  C'on all you lurkers join the fun...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Sandy-2

Any RD that boasts about the vast number of runners that get lost on his course isn't directing shit, in my opinion.

Hey lace, tell us how you really feel, LOL.  I have to agree!!!

Maybe you should do Barkley.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Hey! I remember you!

Catoctin...I ran that once and have nothing good to say about it. Another example of an RD that wants to create a race that is mismanaged to the point of frustrating difficulty for absolutely no reason. Any RD that boasts about the vast number of runners that get lost on his course isn't directing shit, in my opinion.

C'mon now.. That's the RD of MMT too now you know. THe course was pretty easy to follow. Just watch the blazes. Methinks you just did not care for the rocks.

Edited to add: Lace is pissed at Catoctin! 

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KF7MJ-hvxgA/TjWJNeJRayI/AAAAAAAAAnk/oWNKGh1j1xA/s800/Set4%2520DelauterAidStation%2520%252822%2529.JPG

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

Not a lurker...but I'll answer to roll call anyway! I'm an old lady from southwest Michigan. I run mostly small local trails and the trails at Ft. Custer State Park. Sometimes I drive over to Pinckney State Rec Area.

Hey Gator...we are almost neighbors!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm here

I live in North Jersey outside of NYC and I generally run in Palisades Park on the Hudson

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not a lurker...but I am also an old lady (52)  who lives in Grass Valley, CA (between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe).  I still consider myself a Michigander...from Traverse City.  I get back there once a year.  Went to NMU and would love to run a race up there on one of my visits.

Trails, trails and trails..I am all about being in the woods or anywhere beautiful outside.  95% of all runs include my favorite partner Earl, the hound dog.

Should I mention I am also the Forum #1 Cougar with runtraildc a close #2. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Edited to add: Lace is pissed at Catoctin! 

Someone get that boy something to eat!!!  Lace drink more beer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Post race photo of Queen and runtraildc.

@ Kelly - It's a Blue Blazed trail with blazes every 100', how the heck do you get lost?  Those sunglasses you were wearing must have been "Blue Blockers". 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Mostly inside the beltway of DC and MD, but originally from MN and consider myself still a minnesotan.  Get back to those trails 2-3 times a year, including up north.  And one of the few trail runners here who doesn't run ultras.   We need greater representation! (lurkers, please take note).

Post race photo of Queen and runtraildc.

Those are some fine looking cats.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sue is a definitely a cougar.  Hot old lady, for sure! 

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Not a lurend upr...but I am also an old lady (52)  who lives in Grass Valley, CA (between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe).  I still consider myself a Michigander...from Traverse City.  I get back there once a year.  Went to NMU and would love to run a race up there on one of my visits.

Trails, trails and trails..I am all about being in the woods or anywhere beautiful outside.  95% of all runs include my favorite partner Earl, the hound dog.

if you ever end up running a race when you come for a visit let me know! There are some great races in the UP. Maybe Gator would join us.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k