Trailer Trash

Don't You People Run Sundailies (Read 35 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I ran 4.4 miles this morning.  The weather here is just about perfect.

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

SRD for me. Yesterday's hike didn't work the way I wanted it to.

There was a NPS Ranger hanging out along the back country entry road "discouraging" people from entry to the park.

I am really disappointed it didn't happen. We've been planning this trip for over 4 months now. As soon as the government reopens, I am going to demand a refund of my permit fee and all taxes I've ever paid. It's the least they could do.

We ended up doing a 10 miler on BLM lands. There were some very slow people in the group, and it took us 6+ hours to complete it.

I hurt more today after that than I did a few months ago after I ran the same route in 3.5 hours. What's up with that?

Chnaiur

Going rock climbing with the kids. I have a sniffle after getting my flu shot on Friday.

Birdwell: maybe you took more steps yesterday? I read somewhere that the higher impact in running actually is cancelled out by much longer steps compared to running. Also, just using different muscles.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Sandy-2

10 this morning. It was cool, in the lower 60s !!!!!  Yay!

My friend (just a mom with 3 kiddos) did a 2:54 at the twin cities marathon this morning. Whoot Whoot!!

Now I'm on the plane to NY.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

No Sun sunday here in Mass. I did 6 trail miles this morning checking out a

new-to-me area, I turned around after the second set of gunshots. I saw

the familiar orange on a dude as I was getting close to the car, I thought

hunting season started on the 12th, guess this guy was getting an early

start.

birdwell: good luck with all THAT.

chnaiur: hate the flue shot, so glad I'm out of the military and it's no

longer mandatory.

MM: c'mon how about a QOTD? Not sure how they do it on the mt biking

sites but round here we ask a qotd when we start these things.

Headin over to check on couch now, hope she managed the crappy weather.

AT-runner

Tim

Yes we do.  10 sweaty miles.  Even saw 2 snakes today, which tells me it's way too hot for October 6th.

Couch's splits are all messed up (they have her averaging 3.08/mile at one point).  Don't know for sure how she is doing.  They are very slow to update results.  Hope she's is doing / did well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

24ish pacing miles through the night into the morning.  Fun times.

Couch finished,  Don't believe the splits.  They were messed up from minute one.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I slept in and enjoyed coffee in front of the fire while watching the deer play down by the river. It seemed more entertaining than running. We had a truly amazing weekend in Washington.

Five trail miles in the fog for us this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Cycled with a friend after running yesterday.

Planning a longish run tomorrow before work.

Went "rogue" into part of the national park land yesterday (they never have a ranger there anyway)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran the Chico Hooker Hot Half Trail Marathon in 2:02 and managed a first place in the old ladies group.  They gave us a lot of good swag.

Birdwell:  That sucks about your hike being cancelled.  I feel sorry for folks taking dream trips and being denied, especially if they came from other counties to see the awesome beauty of America they've heard about.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Congrats Queen!

I ran the Blue Mtn 30k today, it's my first "almost mid-pack" finish in a race Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sue when are you going to tell about your Desolation run?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I wrote it up just need to take time to add pictures...soon.  Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄