Trailer Trash

Forage ahead Fridailey (Read 46 times)

runfastandie

Hi Felt compelled to relieve boyjame of his duties.

I WILL RUN 1 MILE TODAY.   I've decided- after weight training, I will run for a total of 1 mile (which is up from the .6 last week).

Saturday I just might try and run 6!

They gym is just so warm and toasty!

OTQOTD:  Have you watched any Oscar nominated films? Any you love? Hate? Must sees?

Lincoln- Saw it twice- love it

Les Mis- didn't quite realize the ENTIRE 2:40 would be singing. It is a bit much, but touching.

Zero dark 30-insanely amazing (no matter how much is true or not).

Beast of the Southern Wild- a mix of fantasy and reality.  I LOVED this movie

The Impossible- if you don't cry during this movie I question if you have a soul.  This makes all problems feel like luxury problems. Incredibly humbling.

The Master: lame. self indulgent (on the part of the movie's, not the viewer).

Silver linings play book. THIS IS MY FAVORITE!! I love J-law from Winter's bone.  Just a great film

I still need to see argo, Amour, shorts, skyfall, life of pi and Django(although I may skip django).  Our family will watch all the animateds too.

I don't watch movies all year long- but when once those nods are made I watch them all.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Thanks for starting the dailies, Andie! Have fun in the gym!

Cold (21 deg), and a bit breezy (30 mph) today, and my winter running clothes are all in the washer. So much for an early run. Perhaps later, though. I have some general joint pain, don't know what is causing this, and I have to be careful with my runs not to overdo it.

QOTD: Haven't watched any. I have seen Les Miserables on a live stage years ago, and I loved it. I am not sure if the movie could top that. Being a fan of natural disaster (as long as it does not affect me), I might watch The Impossible, it's on my list.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning, trailers!

A little sore from weights the other day, but I'll get back to the gym after work for another round.  Maybe a couple of miles, too, to shake things out a bit.  For me, Friday's are usually loosely planned, based on how the week went and what I have set for the weekend.   Just took a couple steaks out of the freezer for dinner, so that's my reward to look forward to.

Andie-- good luck on the mile!  enjoy the gym.

FYTC-- I hope your aches and pains go away.

qotd:  Hmm, not a big movie fan, but I am trying to get to see Lincoln.

KreegSauceRuns

Howdy trailers!  No run yesterday.  Got a little head cold and not trying to make it worse by running in cold rain (again).  So I took yesterday off, and today will be off as well.  Going to run a 100k tomorrow.  Not sure how far I'll make it given the shin injury I'm recovering from.  But I'm going to get in a good long run.  The key is to know when to stop if I feel pain.  Hopefully it won't come to that though!

QOTD:  Haven't seen any.  I usually wait until I can download them to get them.  But with an almost 1 year old in the house, DW and I never have the time to watch a movie.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

sugnim

Good morning, & happy Friday everyone.

3.5 miles last night along the river.  I noticed that it's staying light out just a teeny tiny bit longer now.  I still need a light to run after work, but I could see the silhouettes of the mountains and a pink tinge to the sky as I ran last night.

QOTD:  I don't know which movies were nominated for awards since I don't ever follow that.  But, since you mentioned Les Mis, SO & I did see that a couple of weeks ago & enjoyed it.  We make it to the movies about once or twice a year.

NorthernHarrier

Morning folks,

Nothing planned today. I did manage some mile repeats yesterday, it was the clasicc slow to get going and wasn't really into it and then it just started flowing and ended up as a real nice workout. Funny how that seems to happen often.  But as I have said, I am a work in progress. What I used to easily turn these in to where I'm am now is a little comical. Oh well, it's all in the journey.

I think I'll be heading north right after lunch by my lonesome. Saturday looks to be pretty nice up there so I'll do some sort of bushwack adventure but an arctic front is rolling thru that night so maybe a couple indoor chores and a short run on Sunday. Brrrr! The high now on Monday there will be minus 6. For the high.

Couch --I think you should treat yourself to some new additional running clothes. Wink

Andie--How cold is too cold for you?

QOTD--Don't go to many movies at all but should. It's always enjoyable. Argo was the only one on your list I have seen and thought it was real good.  Usually wait for it to either get to netflix or on-demand.   I recently bought a pile of movies by going to Pawn America and sifting thru DVD's there at $2 a piece. My cabin is now well stocked. Cool

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning TT'ers.

SRD for me today.  Yesterday DW and I walked over 10 miles around Washington DC.  We both grew up in DC area and she had the day off, so we played tourist in our old home town.  Saw 4 museums, the Capitol, etc.  What I learned is I really need to work on my walking.  My legs were sore last night and my right knee was killing me.  Funny how I can run for hours, but walking beats me up.

QOTD:  Argo is my favorite so far, then Les Mis.  Living in Gettysburg, we get Lincoln'd to death, but it was a good movie.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays flu free.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone!  Strength training on tap today- I'll leave the legs alone though, as three days of snowshoe "running" has them feeling like someone took a baseball to them Smile

qotd- don't get to the movies much, but out of that long list I did see Skyfall- kind of a sucker for James Bond movies, the newer ones w/ Daniel Craig are better imo- much grittier and dark

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Going to run a 100k tomorrow.  Not sure how far I'll make it given the shin injury I'm recovering from.  But I'm going to get in a good long run.  The key is to know when to stop if I feel pain.  Hopefully it won't come to that though!

Don't know how I missed it the first time but--HEY GOOD LUCK tomorrow. Awesome.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, NATHAN!  Smile

I'm heading to PT here shortly.  Maybe they'll let me run on the treadmill again for a few minutes today??

QOTD: What's a movie?  I don't think I've watched a movie in years.  That said, I have a date lined up to go see The Hobbit eventually.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, NATHAN!  Smile

+1

AT-runner

Tim

Maybe they'll let me run on the treadmill again for a few minutes today??

Yea!!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thanks Andie for starting.  Yea!

Was bitter cold this morning - ok well felt bitter cold because of the wind.  But nothing outside for me.  Went to the gym for some bike and weights time.  Hope to get in a LR tomorrow but we will see what the day brings. 

Andie - 1 mile - woohoo! baby steps right.  Hope you get in the run tomorrow.

Nathan - wow your 100k snuck up here quickly.  Good luck.  Hope the shin holds up for you. 

QOTD: I don't have much time for movies but DW wants to see Les Mis and Lincoln.  Polly no til they are On Demand though. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Wandering Wally

Hey all.  Got 8 miles done last night.  Planning around 7 tonight.

QOTD - Films nominated this year?  No.  With two small ones we just don't make it to the movies very often.  I'll probably see Zero Dark Thirty and Skyfall once they are available on Amazon Prime.  The rest are seriously lacking in the Spaceships, Guns and Explosions quotient so I'll only see them by accident (meaning someone else is watching them and I happen to be in the room).

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Sandy-2

A nice easy 3 or 4 miles in the dark this morning.  Nice and crisp, I guess about 35*.

Good luck this weekend ASU !!!!  Hope that you are able to get through, just go easy and baby it.

qotd:  The only movie on your list that we have seen is "Lincoln", great movie.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL