Trailer Trash

Wonky Wednesdaily (Read 27 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning trail people!

Some biking last night mainly because my legs were feeling wonky. I am trying not to read too much into it.  Feeling a bit better today.  If I feel ok later I will get in a run.

QOTD: When is your birthday? Do you celebrate or like to celebrate your b-day?

April 16th (day after taxes are due!!!).  I generally do not like to celebrate and often tell DW not to do anything.  I will turn 40 next year and told her that if she tries to throw a surprise party, I will just walk out.  And I would too.  But I like what the RD of Boston does - runs a mile for every year. Has done so for a long time.  Sounds like a great tradition.

Have a great hump day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work for me.  Yowza it's cold out there.  My biking days are numbered.  VERY numbered.  Also, a really nice 5.5 miles with the dog last night.

Hope your legs decide to cooperate for you later, Jamie!

QOTD: I share a birthday with our first president.  I try to remain low-key on my birthday.  I removed my birthday from my facebook profile and people still wished me a happy birthday.  So much for going incognito.

Running is dumb.

Marley and I had another great 4 mile trail run this cool morning.

QOTD: Birthdays aren't a big deal to me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

On top of everything else I'm doing for the move (I'm flying out Sunday morning), I've been squeezing in a bunch of Physical Therapy sessions trying to improve my shoulder.  This morning was my last session, I have more stuff to do so they sent me off with some nice large blue rubber bands and lots of instructions.  I'll give me something to do in the evenings, since my DW isn't joining me over there for a few months.  Next up on the to do list, set up international money transfers....

I plan to run about 5 mi before dinner tonight.

qotd: My birthday is the day after St. Paddy's day.  For me it's all about the cake.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good Morning everyone!  Set the alarm early to watch the lunar eclipse, pretty nifty!  I'll run with after the local ultra runner group this evening, last week I could actually keep a few of them in sight  

qotd: very close to Christmas, as is my brother's- close enough we got screwed on our birthdays w/ a present from relatives that said Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, my sister on the hand was born in the Spring and hauled it in! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Just finished a workout in the cave, am planning on a hilly trail run via headlamp tonight. A coworker wants to go out for a couple beers after work though. Hmmm, trail run or beer?? Could go either way. Regardless there will be intervals bright and surly tomorrow. Did a rather fast paced road run yesterday in the early dark hours. Well maybe not fast but I was efforting. 

QOTD--DW and I have birthdays in Dec. two days apart. The inlaws will take us out for a steak dinner at one of Madison's finest but otherwise it is really no big deal for us. Ho-hum.

Occasional Runner

I'm working in eastern Washington this week and this area is in desperate need of some trails. I've been running flat, straight roads so far this week. It's giving me a chance to log some speed work, so it's not all bad.

QOTD: My birthday is in January. We really don't do much to celebrate anything, but this year, we'll be in Brazil for a race so it'll probably be pretty epic.

LB2

5 to 7 tonight/this evening. I'll probably end up with somewhere between 50 and 60 miles this week and start easing back a bit.

QOTD: My birthday is October 22nd. We don't really celebrate it. Although, this year we are having a bonfire at the house for a birthday/Halloween/fall get together since I will be out of town on Halloween.

LB2

Brian Runner

Running with a friend this evening.

Today's Beer Review: Southern Tier Brewing Co. 2XIPA

http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/10/southern-tier-2xipa-review.html

QOTD: Birthday is at the end of March, when the spring racing starts kicking up around these parts...

dpc3

Officially off crutches and onto PT and walking. I was told I can start to ride my bike as well but I am going to wait to talk with the PT to see where my muscles are etc. I'll get in a couple miles of walking to the boys school with the dogs. Excited to be moving on to the next phase of recovery. From what the Dr said Mid-Nov will be about the time I can start to run again, at least that's what I am hoping.

Hope you all are well.

QOTD: Aug 26 and it's just another day. Never was into my bday but certainly appreciate my wife and kids celebrating with me.

LB2

Today's Beer Review: Southern Tier Brewing Co. 2XIPA

http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/10/southern-tier-2xipa-review.html

I concur. It is a good one. I like everything I have ever had from Southern Tier.

LB2

moonlightrunner

I ran the new bike path last night after darkwith my dog...on a leash because iI feel safer with her near me. The moonrise was beautiful and the path is not bad when I need to get a night run in close to home. It was a good run. Today I am taking.gmy garmin so I know how long it is.

Qotd: January 25. Usually just dinner at my mom & dad's.

Dpc: I don't recall...what is the nature of you injury?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Maybe cycling today, aiming to hit two climbs to get in about 3500 feet of vertical. Then tomorrow morning hoping to head out early to get in some decent trail miles (15-20).

QOTD: Late July, bride is early August. Normally not a big deal, but she threw me a party last year, and I need to throw her one in 2015.

Brian Runner

I concur. It is a good one. I like everything I have ever had from Southern Tier.

Early into my exploration of their line up, but liking what I taste so far.

dpc3

Dpc: I don't recall...what is the nature of you injury?

I picked up a Tibial plateau fracture and slight MCL tear / sprain