Trailer Trash

Tired Tuesdaily (Read 28 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am tired and have been for a few days.  Two nights in a row I was dead asleep by a little after 9pm.  One night I understand - maybe fighting the early morning runs from the weekend but now two nights in a row and throughout the day I feel pretty tired.  I am hoping today turns out different.  As a result, I did not get to the gym last night.  Maybe tonight.  I want to be able to change the name to Temporary Tired Tuesdaily...

QOTD: pass

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

I'm back! RD today, yesterday an impromptu group run with a bunch of introverts. I'm not used to being the conversationalist in a run group, or run silently with a dozen people for that matter.

Jamie, ya never know... hope it doesn't stick around.

I collected a decent amount of vertical in the last week and had a lot of fun exploring trails in what amounts to the very northern end of the Alleghenies. It inspired me to write.

qotd: Group runs- are you Chatty Cathy, do you prefer limited conversation, do the verbose drive you to distraction?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

After a somewhat stressful start into my day off work, I'm getting ready for a quick run. Not much time today due to numerous errands. 

QOTD: I like group runs, but I don't like too much conversation while running. So I will just chat the first 3-4 minutes, then run quietly, and prefer others to not chat all the time. I'm not very conversational to begin with, and I can run for hours with my running buddy without exchanging a single word, while we still both enjoy the run.

Run for fun.

muppy

10.1 miles around the lake at my in laws house.

QOTD I run by myself, but I talk to myself a lot if that counts.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... warm and sticky here again today. It poured here yesterday at the house but out where I ran last night they had zero rain. The radar showed a tiny little popup shower over our town late afternoon but it was very isolated. THe Lady and I ran out at Birdsboro watershed trails last night... about 7 miles I suppose. Felt pretty good despite the sweltering conditions. Evening sun and all that... seems cooler plus I'm heat acclimated anyway. Tonight something similar.. Green Lane maybe. Could be storms or showers I hear.

QOTD: I rarely run in groups. Most of my runs are with my dog and she doesn't say much. I do run occasionally with a friend, aka/Angus/aka partner in crime. We yack it up sometimes but often have long quiet stretches too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

7 this morning on the roads.  Humid.  Just got back from 10 days on Cape Cod - great weather, very relaxing, lots of flat running, lots of fried seafood and ice cream.

QOTD:  I'm probably chattier when I'm running than I am in real life.  Certainly not a Chatty Cathy, but I figure one of the main points of group running is for it to be social.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Going to get some hill work on after work, another cool day, it's a long (just shy of a mile), steep (1500') I usually do it once and take a loop around the back side for 4-ish miles, going to try to get two climbs in and shorten the loop portion a bit

qotd: don't often run in a group, when I do it's usually a longer run and get spaced out enough I'm often running alone- usually they will stop periodically to let folks catch up and will usually chat it up at these breaks- not quite to the Cathy level though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Did some exploring for 8 miles. $ of those miles were on trails that  have never been on before and didn't know they were there. Fun finding new trails. Looks like they were part of a older logging trail and then turned into nice single track. Saw some mt bike tire marks on the ground, so they get some use.

QOTD:  Only ever done a few group runs.  I put together a couple of trail runs for people wanting to explore, so I talked a lot since I was the leader. Have run a few time with Gettysburg Beer Runners group, but they run on the road and spread out quickly.  When I run with my running buddy, we talk most of the way.

"Chatty Cathy" remarks always remind me of one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes...

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Special run for me today with my two nephews.  Bryan went blind 7 years ago but that isn't stopping him from running the trails.  The nice Aunt I am i duck under a huge spiiderr web and then watch him run through it.   Ok at the kast minute I yelled but it was too late.  Before running he took the time to stretch and smoke a cigarette. 

Qotd:  With stragers I find silents uncomfortable and try to talk...  I love listening to others chatter...i run alone most of the time so enjoy it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

blarg - nice write up.  Love the pic of the map of course!

QoN - not sure I ever want yo to be my tour guide.  Poor guy!

QOTD: I don't run in groups.  I am an introvert and would be the person in a group not talking and the probably perceived as a snob.  If it is myself and one or two other runners then I may talk a bit.  But a lot of talking on my part still might seem like little to other people.  It's all perspective.  I don't mind going for miles without saying anything.  I also don't mind some conversation.  And a little talking to myself might be in order.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed after a less then nice night shift. Thank you for paying taxes so we can haul welfare people to the hospital that have no need to go, especially by ambulance . Of course it results in a paycheck for me.

Planning on getting in about 7 miles on the road. Legs feel good. I'll probably wait until it gets a little cooler.

Jamie - I went through a period of tiredness about a month ago. It was right over the time my heal was so sore and I had canker sores in my mouth, so I think it may have been from a virus. I had also started taking Race Caps supreme from Hammer. I quit taking them and feel better now. After my next race I'll start taking them again to see if they were the problem.  Magnesium, which they contain, will sometimes mess with me.

Blarg - Nice area up that way. Glad you had fun on the trails.

QOTD: Rarely run with anyone else unless it's doing a race. Most of the time I'm the quiet one but depending on the circumstances I can talk pretty well.  Saturday I kept flipflopping  with a talker. Guy talked non-stop, didn't matter who he was around. You could hear him for hundreds of yards away. Nice guy though, so it really wasn't annoying at all.

Watoni

I hear you Jamie -- I have been tired lately as well, but I did stay up late with the family since they just got home from Argentina yesterday.

Got out during lunch for a real trail run -- short, but with some technical sections, running over my favorite downed redwood bridge and hitting the ridge hill ... hurt ankle felt ok, Achilles on the other side still tender. I also felt that quad niggle I got body boarding Sunday ... oops. I have some hope of running either the Overlook 30k or even 50k (I know, take it easy) in October. These runs are along the Western States trail from Foresthill to Auburn .... put on by Ann Trason. I am going to start working with her in September ... I wanted to wait until I was fully healthy, but I think she be great in helping me rehab sensibly as well.

QOTD: I did enjoy some of the group runs I did in Marin, and enjoy talking before and after, not so much during. I am a ways away from being able to do those runs now.

Sandy-2

I can relate to the tiredness...  I've been running my butt off in the heat and humidity these past few months.  Years ago I swore that I wouldn't do an early fall marathon that required me to train through the summer, and now I'm training for a hondo in September - go figure.  But on top of that, these past few months (including two days ago) we have gone through the 1 year anniversary of a few deaths we had in our family, and although not at the forefront of our minds all the time, it does crop up every once in a while....  they way I seem to deal with stress is to want to sleep.

This morning (Wed) I did manage to get my butt outta bed at 5am and did a pretty good 5 mi along the river.

qotd: I haven't really run with anyone since I got here 10 months ago.  So not a lot of talking lately, except to myself...  doing lots of miles alone is getting me a little stir-crazy.  Back 'home' I used to run with a small group at least once a week, although I like the social aspects I would say that I talked less than average.  I do miss my little group though.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

6 miles around the mt.

Jamie you might want to get a blood test.

QOTD  I talk away in a group as long as pace is slow.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Special run for me today with my two nephews.  Bryan went blind 7 years ago but that isn't stopping him from running the trails.  The nice Aunt I am i duck under a huge spiiderr web and then watch him run through it.   Ok at the kast minute I yelled but it was too late.  Before running he took the time to stretch and smoke a cigarette. 

Qotd:  With stragers I find silents uncomfortable and try to talk...  I love listening to others chatter...i run alone most of the time so enjoy it.

Aw, Sue, don't you just hate it when all your efforts come too late... 

Love that cigarette intermezzo. Sounds like my running buddy's son, who also leaves his dad in the dust - after a cigarette first.

Run for fun.