Trailer Trash

On my run today, I saw... (Read 525 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... a couch, in the middle of the forest. And an empty 12-pack of beer cans next to it. Further up the hill, another empty 12-pack.

Talk about illegal dumping.

It makes me angry to see my trails all trashed up! Angry

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Oh, that sucks. I saw a pink balloon on the trail up at French Creek today. It was just sort of laying there in the middle of nowhere, just off the trail. My dog LadyB was at it first. She eyed it very suspiciously and kept her distance. Silly LadyB, afraid of a pink balloon. I guess she knew it was not part of the forest.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

sugnim

I saw a snowy trail illuminated only by candles along the side.  (Night time holiday 5k.)

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I saw a very cheery elderly couple walking on the trail all dressed in red.  The woman had on a Santa's hat and the man had on red ear muffs.  to match his red shirt. We stopped to talk to them and they were 75 yo and had been married for 55 years.  They walk 3 times a week, always trails. They wanted to know about trail running, and made the same statement I always hear "I would be worried about hurting my ankles".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Trail Monster

FTYC, good post! I think I'll carry a trash bag on next weekends trail run and do some pick up. Thanks for making me think about it!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Birdwell

the bench portion of a picnic table. It was the kind you'd find in any city park, plastic covered perforated metal. 

I looked for the rest of it, but there was nothing else to be found. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Banshee, I think I'll go out with a trash bag today and at least pick up the beer cans and cartons. Can't do much about the couch, but I might report it to the park rangers.

Taper: Fun with the dog! I think my first dog (my hiking buddy) would have behaved the same way.

ATR: That's cute, nice couple.

Run for fun.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

FTYC, good post! I think I'll carry a trash bag on next weekends trail run and do some pick up. Thanks for making me think about it!

If you are speaking of our run starting at Ohiopyle next weekend, hopefully we won't find much trash....just two weeks ago they had a big trail cleanup event down there...although I don't know how far up the trail they went.  

I often pick up various small wrappers and such while out on the trail...just a good habit I was taught early in life.   I don't know what I would do with a couch though.  Smile

Trail Monster

If you are speaking of our run starting at Ohiopyle next weekend, hopefully we won't find much trash....just two weeks ago they had a big trail cleanup event down there...although I don't know how far up the trail they went.  

I often pick up various small wrappers and such while out on the trail...just a good habit I was taught early in life.   I don't know what I would do with a couch though.  Smile

Cut it up and carry it out in pieces?

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This week I was in a area I always run and was thinking...I don't recall this trail.  Then I saw an old abandon VW hatchback so I know I was never there.  It still had the tail lights..I am going to go back and take them off and sell them on zombia. 

X Treme saw a red ballon today on the trail.  It really throws you off at first....so I understand Lady B's hesitation.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

sugnim

You guys see a lot of trash on your runs.  Dead

I'm not sure if the routes I take are extra clean, or if I'm just too focused on other things to notice the trash.  I generally am on the lookout for wildlife.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Cut it up and carry it out in pieces?

Have you and Jeff help me carry it out of the woods?    It is supposed to be cold this weekend....maybe I would light it up and have myself a west virginia bonfire to stay warm.  Smile

tjrun

Too many hunters.  So after 4 miles, I gave it up and just went home.Cry  Considered it a better option than getting shot.  Hunting season is almost over.  I guess they are coming out en force to bag one before the season is over.

Wandering Wally

Last summer way out in the woods I saw where someone dumped a load of construction site debris.  Lumber scraps, old windows, etc.  Wha...?!  Some of the trails I run on were jeep trails back in the 40's and 50's and I still see old car parts sticking up out of the leaves once in awhile.  Found an entire rack from a rack and pinion system one time.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

...a decorated tree at the trailhead:

And here's the pic of the couch in the middle of nowhere:

Chainsaw, anyone?

Run for fun.